I have just started training with 2 teams and my schedule looks like this:

Monday: 2 hours technical session

Tuesday:No training

Wednesday: 2 hours hard fitness session

Thursday: 2 hours technical session

Friday:No training

Saturday:2 hours techincal session

Sunday: 90 min match

With all this training i am told to rest by my coaches on the days when i dont train but there are things i really want to get better at; dribbling, touch and shooting. i am already quite good at these things but want to get much better so i am immense at them. what should i do?

I also want to relax on the ball more so that when it comes to me i dont rush and so i play the way i know i can play and make full use of my possesion of the ball, any tips plz?

The second team i play for i am on trial with them and im finding it hard to play because i have wanted to play for this team for ages and they arent very welcoming, i dont put what i do normally into play wen i train with them. how can i stop this?

cheers

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 26 Sep 2008, 18:27

dude practice them, just keep it to a maximum 1 hour, with a long warm up and cool down

work more on technique and repetition then running and shooting or doing a painful amount of stepovers. start applying the skills to your trainings as you get really good at them

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 28 Sep 2008, 14:28

I would keep Friday as a rest day for sure, and depending on how taxing your Monday practice is, then you can determine whether or not to practice Tuesday. Like NBP, I would keep it to 1 hour.

Try drinking protein shakes after training and games. I've found it helps me with a quicker recovery.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 28 Sep 2008, 14:35

Soccer4Life wrote:I would keep Friday as a rest day for sure, and depending on how taxing your Monday practice is, then you can determine whether or not to practice Tuesday. Like NBP, I would keep it to 1 hour.

Try drinking protein shakes after training and games. I've found it helps me with a quicker recovery.
hey s4l dya think its ok to do stuff like swimming few hours etc on a rest day or complete rest?

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 28 Sep 2008, 15:56

i know your asking S4L...

but here i go anyway :wink:

sports like swimming and cycling are great for rest days and injury physio
they are 'soft sports' where your joints and muscles do not get fatigued as easily, and recover quickly
but they do work you so if your muscles are sore don't risk injuring or overfatiuging yourself

depending on how you feel these would be great for getting a bit of cross training or exercise in between trainings

rest days are not really rest days, they are days without intense training...
so you can do stuff that isn't greatly tiring like juggling or light ballwork

now its up to S4L to prove me wrong :lol: :D

hope this helps

FootballAddict5

Post by FootballAddict5 » 28 Sep 2008, 16:30

yh thanks
i have whey protein but my mum wont let me take it she says it is bad for me. any ways to persuade her?

Middleman13
Veteran Member

Post by Middleman13 » 29 Sep 2008, 04:19

Its not bad for you ..Just research the sh*t and tell her hat it does.

lol...All it does is help rebuild your muscles
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you will die today.

SteveF
New User

Post by SteveF » 30 Sep 2008, 09:11

tell her exactly what it does... refuels you

just say she can supervise how much you take and when you take it if she wants

but man that stuff is manky