Inter U-17 Defending video

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Bboyalx
New User
Posts: 14
Joined: 02 Aug 2008, 00:50

Post


Rulezzz
Veteran Member
Posts: 1754
Joined: 22 Dec 2006, 13:36
Location: Surrey, England , UK

Post

Nice video :) Very useful tips.
Image
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

that was probably one of the best video's i have seen about defending. really good and useful.
Image

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2175
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post

Man, I always let the attackers use my body as pivot... No wonder...
Image

Crom
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: 01 Jul 2008, 18:29

Post

Looking around the whole site, I found several useful videos and tips, all in all a good find. Good work, keep bringing these sites to our attention :)

Rulezzz
Veteran Member
Posts: 1754
Joined: 22 Dec 2006, 13:36
Location: Surrey, England , UK

Post

fir_nev wrote:Man, I always let the attackers use my body as pivot... No wonder...
bboylax you can be very proud of yourself! You just helped one of the most, in fact probably the most experienced defender on these forums out! :)
Image
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 20:15

Post

I tried this today in practice, it works when you can keep pace with your attacker, but if he's faster or has a better sense of touch, its really hard to pressure him like that off the ball and you risk getting dribbled around. But if you're fast, definitely this will work :)

Shanghai-Shenhua
Sophomore Member
Posts: 37
Joined: 03 Jul 2006, 01:19

Post

you're allowed to put your arm under the attacker's armpit to get the ball like that? or is it illegal? :?

whatznext
Senior Member
Posts: 239
Joined: 11 Jul 2007, 00:31

Post

i cant ever touch my oppents. when ever u put my arm up near them the ref blows. i dont no y tho. i may be that i have 3 yellows in the first 4 games. but this is a really good video . all the younger players on this site will get alot out of it.

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

whatznext wrote:i cant ever touch my oppents. when ever u put my arm up near them the ref blows. i dont no y tho. i may be that i have 3 yellows in the first 4 games. but this is a really good video . all the younger players on this site will get alot out of it.
it's either because you're not just touching him but aggressively trying to push him off the ball...or the ref is an idiot, which is a pretty strong possibility
Image

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2175
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post

Rulezzz wrote:bboylax you can be very proud of yourself! You just helped one of the most, in fact probably the most experienced defender on these forums out! :)
No wonder the attackers were able to shield the ball and I could not reach it forever. Looks like my youth coach last time failed to teach the arm-pivot technique to me. I have got to try this the next time round.

Thanks Bboyalx
Image

MSILancer7
Veteran Member
Posts: 443
Joined: 13 Aug 2007, 14:04

Post

This was a really good video. i will try some of the arm thing in my games this weekend (i got high school on thurs and sat. and classic on sun) and see wat the refs do. Cant wait to see if this frustrates the wing mids who think that they r the next C. Ronaldo.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2175
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post

Looks like everybody was not taught of this technique until the video came to light!
Image

Rulezzz
Veteran Member
Posts: 1754
Joined: 22 Dec 2006, 13:36
Location: Surrey, England , UK

Post

fir_nev wrote:
Rulezzz wrote:bboylax you can be very proud of yourself! You just helped one of the most, in fact probably the most experienced defender on these forums out! :)
No wonder the attackers were able to shield the ball and I could not reach it forever. Looks like my youth coach last time failed to teach the arm-pivot technique to me. I have got to try this the next time round.

Thanks Bboyalx
I never had any youth coaching! I just had to learn it all myself!(I must say this website helped a lot :)), but i will definately go over that video again and apply for this weekends game.
Image
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 05:41

Post

The video really helped me out tonight at practice. The arm technique was really helping me apply pressure on the possessors. However I did get caught with a few handballs, but it was just practice...so no biggie.

Post Reply