Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Bboyalx
New User

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Nice video :) Very useful tips.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

soccer11
Admin

that was probably one of the best video's i have seen about defending. really good and useful.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Man, I always let the attackers use my body as pivot... No wonder...

Crom

Looking around the whole site, I found several useful videos and tips, all in all a good find. Good work, keep bringing these sites to our attention :)

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

fir_nev wrote:Man, I always let the attackers use my body as pivot... No wonder...
bboylax you can be very proud of yourself! You just helped one of the most, in fact probably the most experienced defender on these forums out! :)
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

I tried this today in practice, it works when you can keep pace with your attacker, but if he's faster or has a better sense of touch, its really hard to pressure him like that off the ball and you risk getting dribbled around. But if you're fast, definitely this will work :)

Shanghai-Shenhua
Sophomore Member

you're allowed to put your arm under the attacker's armpit to get the ball like that? or is it illegal? :?

whatznext

i cant ever touch my oppents. when ever u put my arm up near them the ref blows. i dont no y tho. i may be that i have 3 yellows in the first 4 games. but this is a really good video . all the younger players on this site will get alot out of it.

soccer11
Admin

whatznext wrote:i cant ever touch my oppents. when ever u put my arm up near them the ref blows. i dont no y tho. i may be that i have 3 yellows in the first 4 games. but this is a really good video . all the younger players on this site will get alot out of it.
it's either because you're not just touching him but aggressively trying to push him off the ball...or the ref is an idiot, which is a pretty strong possibility

fir_nev

Rulezzz wrote:bboylax you can be very proud of yourself! You just helped one of the most, in fact probably the most experienced defender on these forums out! :)
No wonder the attackers were able to shield the ball and I could not reach it forever. Looks like my youth coach last time failed to teach the arm-pivot technique to me. I have got to try this the next time round.

Thanks Bboyalx

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

This was a really good video. i will try some of the arm thing in my games this weekend (i got high school on thurs and sat. and classic on sun) and see wat the refs do. Cant wait to see if this frustrates the wing mids who think that they r the next C. Ronaldo.

fir_nev

Looks like everybody was not taught of this technique until the video came to light!

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

fir_nev wrote:
Rulezzz wrote:bboylax you can be very proud of yourself! You just helped one of the most, in fact probably the most experienced defender on these forums out! :)
No wonder the attackers were able to shield the ball and I could not reach it forever. Looks like my youth coach last time failed to teach the arm-pivot technique to me. I have got to try this the next time round.

Thanks Bboyalx
I never had any youth coaching! I just had to learn it all myself!(I must say this website helped a lot :)), but i will definately go over that video again and apply for this weekends game.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

The video really helped me out tonight at practice. The arm technique was really helping me apply pressure on the possessors. However I did get caught with a few handballs, but it was just practice...so no biggie.