Practicing when tired HELP PLEASE

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Shanghai-Shenhua
Sophomore Member

Practicing when tired HELP PLEASE

Post by Shanghai-Shenhua » 18 Sep 2008, 07:40

When you practice a lot and get tired, does your technique drop? I was playing pick-up soccer for about three hours with two different teams (and before that, I had been practicing my touches with a wall for 3-4 hours a day for a week).

When I had finished playing, I decided to practice some free kicks, but almost all of them had no loft. Then I decided to do some long passes, but I couldn't get any good height and distance.

Normally, I can curl and dip the ball from a free kick to the corner of the net 4/5 times. Even Last week, I could do it just as well.

It's not like I was extremely exhausted, but I had played/practiced a lot during the week. Could this be the reason for bad form?

FootballAddict5

Post by FootballAddict5 » 19 Sep 2008, 15:26

Yes definetly
i had a game on tuesday a hard fitness session on wednesday and the next day i went out to practice and i was terrible u need rest.
"Rest and refuelling habits end up as more important in the final outcome of the player than his actuall ability" Arsene Wenger

neoExodus

Post by neoExodus » 19 Sep 2008, 19:30

I should be preparing myself atm for training, but had training wednesday had a friends game that lasted around 2 and a half hours, im so damn tired (and my neck is in pain for 2 days now...) i will listen to Arsene and rest.

Middleman13
Veteran Member

Post by Middleman13 » 22 Sep 2008, 03:16

The absolute most improtant thing that a great athlete has to have is ALOT of REST. without it you wont go foward but go backwards.

But...even if your tired and dont want to train that day. Go out a little and juggle or dribble ..just to get some touches
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you will die today.

infectted
New User

Post by infectted » 09 Nov 2008, 12:08

You need to balance between practise and rest, after all rest is as important as practise. too much of either won't do you any good