Me taking Freekick Cristiano Ronaldo Style

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Macimate
New User

Ok so i finally got the digicam off my dad again and went to film a couple of clips of me shooting with cristiano ronaldo's technique, i lost some other good clips in the process of converting the files off that crappy cam but i think there are some good ones in between :)

I have also taken some screendumps to compare my technique to cristiano's, watch:

1st sequence:

2nd sequence:

3rd sequence:

Theres room for improvement but overall i think it looks good from those pics, ill just have to keep working.

oh and yea here's the video :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ9kIkd27i8

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Not bad, better than I can do. Good job

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

nice job keep working on it....some had a lot of dip...but some didnt have any... my tip is to find the valve (air hole) for the ball but the airhole in the center and strike it with ur instep...

P.S. in the second pic it looks like you are hitting it with the inside of the foot and not toes pointed down (instep)... :?

Macimate
New User

thanks for the replies guys ;)

and for mufc1994 i always try to hit it with toes down (locked ankle) and on the side of the big toe bone, in that picture, the ball has already left my foot, i agree it looks as if i hit it on the inside of my foot in second pic but i am pretty sure i didnt :D

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Macimate wrote:Ok so i finally got the digicam off my dad again and went to film a couple of clips of me shooting with cristiano ronaldo's technique, i lost some other good clips in the process of converting the files off that crappy cam but i think there are some good ones in between :)

I have also taken some screendumps to compare my technique to cristiano's, watch:

1st sequence:

2nd sequence:

3rd sequence:

Theres room for improvement but overall i think it looks good from those pics, ill just have to keep working.

oh and yea here's the video :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ9kIkd27i8
What kind of camera are you using? I might be able to help you with the conversion so you don't lose any clips.

Robinho11
Sophomore Member

even I like to stand wide feet before a kick, but why would you want to copy that style exact... run up and follow through and all? I understand the actual kicking part, so you can get knuckle and dip, but the other stuff isn't necessary... don't force it man.

I say learn your own style, if you go pro, people won't want to watch 2 of the same players.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

if he likes doing that...let him do that...he shuld try to be himself but every freekick taker has their own style and he like to dip and knuckle. just keep on doing what your comfortable with.

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

that was quite an impressive bit of skill. I think the other snux members are underestimating how difficult it is to learn that type of shot and to consistently get it right. so my props to you

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

I have tried this style of free kick and it is very difficult. If you miss hit it, it will fly over the bar. I have done that many times. But I have my own style which works for me.

Very well done macimate, its pretty sick to see someone do the C. Ronaldo style free kick. I don't know of anyone else who can do it.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

i can do it....but i find it more helpful to master all styles of freekicks... i use beckhams and CR7's depends on the situation.

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

MUFC1994 wrote:i can do it....but i find it more helpful to master all styles of freekicks... i use beckhams and CR7's depends on the situation.
I use ronaldinho's were i come at the ball from a really tight angle but not as tight as his. But when im just going for power ill hit it roberto carlos style

canadianfootballer

MSILancer7 wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote:i can do it....but i find it more helpful to master all styles of freekicks... i use beckhams and CR7's depends on the situation.
I use ronaldinho's were i come at the ball from a really tight angle but not as tight as his. But when im just going for power ill hit it roberto carlos style
same here man i like getting that killer dip from ronaldinhos style

NewBornProdigy
Admin

i really like this tutorial

it clearly shows how do knuckle the ball ronaldo style

mabye you should try getting swerve on it (like left or right) that took me forever to learn, but it well worth it

but great post man :D

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

MUFC1994 wrote:strike it with ur instep...

P.S. in the second pic it looks like you are hitting it with the inside of the foot and not toes pointed down (instep)... :?
I was about to say the same thing. Actually, nice dip. U can always use this, if it works, no need the instep then!

I can only do Becks' style but my freekicks found their way to the keepers' gloves every time. I was relegated to take long indirect freekicks.

n3marco
New User

just one question how are u aiming where u want the ball to g isit where u face your body or where u kick the ball?