Your Signature/Trademark Moves

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
nombrile

I use the ronaldo cut a lot :)
My other 3 moves are step-overs, trivela
and the van persie turn (don't know the name or don't remember the one who invented it)

credits to AmericanFutballer

keller8
Veteran Member

I'm a real trickster, but I use practical moves too.

My trademarks are:

TRICKS: ronaldo chop, scissors, stepovers, cuts, elastico, hocus pocus, 360, nutmeg, the pullback inside of foot hit panna, rainbow, chipwith rolling ball the heel over opponent, trcik where you kick it round one side of em and run around the other side. And these are the ones I use all the time. I do loads of other tricks too.

PRACTICAL: Nutmeg pass, backheel pass, rabona, fake rabona, trivela.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

tRiXtEr
Sophomore Member

To be honest i only really started to get back into football again last month. I have probably only had 10 hours total playing time so far. I am now practising every day - control and tricks. My favourite move is probably step-overs and C.Ronaldo turn. It's weird though, i can do these kind of tricks, but i still can't really do the basic things like kick-ups!! It's getting the ball up in the air i find the hardest, any tips?

Jack-of-all-trades

Due to the nature of the game I play (Futsal), I usually pass the ball a lot and do my moves out of improvisation (whatever pops in my mind I just do it)

Some of my trademark moves included the lane change (cutting the ball in L-shape past defenders), pull-L, ball-lifting cuts, heel passes, dummies when receiving the ball (like a deliberate miskick), Henry's trick pass, 360 spin, Garrincha, Ronaldo chop, nutmeg, juggles, chipping the ball over defenders, cryuff turn (very effective :D ), stop-and-go, the cow, and rainbow. There's these whole lot of them since others are playing mainly simple (like I'm the only guy who would use all these moves).

Besides that, I also do stepover and scissor combos, but only 1-5 at most at a time.

Overall, my dribbling style is unpredictability. 8)
Joga Bonito is the way I play.

Demented_Dude
New User

Well I love soccer and only recently came across this forum, saw this thread and decided to make it my first post. :D Well my favorite moves are:

1. The anklebreaker or that's what I call it. Where put your foot on top of the ball and basically roll your ankle inside and flick the ball behind your other leg. It's great when running down the touch line to set up a cross.

2. Kind of a double half roulete, if that makes sense you do a roulete 180 in one direction and then do another 180 back the other way. Sounds retarded but works quite well if done at the right time.

3. The simple but effective stepovers/reverse stepovers.

WingMagician
New User

Definitely the Ronaldo chop, stepovers, the crossover (you know, the drag then stepover with the other foot) and the cow 8)

irishfootballer
New User

I like using the Ronaldo chop, heel pass fake, step overs and the anklebreaker.

Merritt13
New User

My signiture move is the cut im not really that fancy with my moves.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Merritt13 wrote:My signiture move is the cut im not really that fancy with my moves.
in my opinion whether you can do hocus pocus flip flap etc or just simple turns and cuts as long as they are effective most of time, it doesn't matter as long as they work.
i was made to ignite

Merritt13
New User

mint wrote:
Merritt13 wrote:My signiture move is the cut im not really that fancy with my moves.
in my opinion whether you can do hocus pocus flip flap etc or just simple turns and cuts as long as they are effective most of time, it doesn't matter as long as they work.
haha thats what i think i mean i can do some fancy moves i just never feel the need to use them in a game when something simple could be just as effective.

OJ9

I don't really use fancy moves. If i'm wide, I usually draw the man left (drag it to the left), then just turn right quickly and burst away with pace.

panchester07
Veteran Member

i do the roll over it always works for me and i do the cruyff cut..... also i cut to the left a lot messi style..

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Messi shoulder feints and short bursts of stop n go's. Just speed in general.

17CR7
Sophomore Member

i usually use rolls stepovers and ronaldo chops and i can mix them together i do also the preki and the 360 turn

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

I am really known for my transition from slow dribbling (I really slow down for a few steps right before the defender) to a quick acceleration. Works nearly every time because even if the defender knows what you're doing they can't stop you. I am also known for cutting at precisely the right time. No idea how I do it, it must be subconcious, but it works. Mix up these two with some rolls, lunges, and body fakes makes me pretty unpredictable while being simple and effective.