Penalty taking strategies different.

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
MUFC1994
Veteran Member

i understand how to take a normal penalty with the accuracy, deception, power but when the goalie is using deception i have a problem knowing what to do. e.g. if the goalie if shuffling and jumping back and moving around on his line which way should i go. also e.g. what should i do if the goalie stands far to one side of the goal.

P.S. if thr are any other goalie tricks not listed that u know of plz list and tell me what to do.

thx :D

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

When I take a penalty, I don't even care what the keeper is doing honestly. I think it is best to pick a corner and put it in that corner regardless of what the keeper is doing. If he picks the spot you're going, follow through with it, because if you try to go the other way you will usually completely fu** up your shot. So my advice is to pick a spot to put the ball and don't change your mind no matter what the keeper does.

Also, Watch how Eric Cantona did it, and try to execute your penalties like that...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KIEOkf0KQHM

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

dont the pros put thr plant foot in one direction and then rotate it the other way to make the keeper dive the other way

RoryBen
New User

I agree with BGBeast. The pressure is all on the penalty taker - no-one blames the keeper for not making a penalty save, but if you miss the target because he puts you off then you're in trouble. Just pick your corner and hit it hard and ignore everything else. And hit the target!!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

MUFC1994 wrote:dont the pros put thr plant foot in one direction and then rotate it the other way to make the keeper dive the other way
To me, it sounds like that would absolutely kill your shot and put a huge risk of shanking. I mean, how is it possible to rotate a planted foot. I doubt this is true.

Same thing for me about picking a corner. I just usually 90% of the time go to the same spot in the mid height left side of the net. My last game we went to a shootout (Final match), I had one PK in the game where I scored. And doing the exact same thing I beat the keeper on my shootout shot. As long as a corner is picked, it is really hard for many keepers to judge where your shot will go. But definitely make sure to hit the net.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

i found out the trick with the plant foot because pro goalkeepers decide which way they dive based on the direction of ur plant foot so put ur plant foot facing the left corner and hit it to the right this vid explains

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/inde ... 048/519169

rickey_bhim
New User

I go by somewut Cr7 style.......if a keeper can fool you SO CAN YOU !!!!

PIck a place in ur mind..........approach as u gonna hit any opposite direction......keeep ur selected place (top corner is wut i choose ) in ur mind.......at the last moment go for ur selected place N PULL the TRIGGER...

practice first wid ur own goalkeeper of team n try to disguise him !!!!!

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

how far away is the pk spot for a u-14 player? stupid question but i forgot sry

calienteplayer11
Sophomore Member

It's 12 yards.

And the one of the most effective ways to take a penalty, for me, is to shoot left but shoot right.

Here's how i do it,

I really do shoot left but i don't instep, I use the outside of my foot, so it curls into the right corner.

(sorry if its confusing)

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

I only did this in practice but sometimes i will run up to the ball and with each step i over-exagerate my foot planting so that it looks like im doing step overs and then i hit it to the bottm corner.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

MUFC1994 wrote:i found out the trick with the plant foot because pro goalkeepers decide which way they dive based on the direction of ur plant foot so put ur plant foot facing the left corner and hit it to the right this vid explains

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/inde ... 048/519169
Yeah, the angle of the run up provides the fake when you shoot to the opposite side though. Of course hitting the ball with the other part of the foot is what mainly changes the direction of it. The planting of the foot is very similar however.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

rickey_bhim wrote:keeep ur selected place (top corner is wut i choose )
psssssssssssssssh. You shouldn't try to go top corner, unless you're a professional, your shots to thne top corner are probably only going to go in 10% of the time at best. The bottom corner should be your target almost every time.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

The author of the book Principles of Brazilian Soccer, Thadeu Goncalves said to always attempt to shoot low, on any shot, not only penalties. But shots will obviously go up just because of the positioning of your body and feet. So placing shots high might not be your best bet, I agree. But whatever works for you.

-Alexander Ovechkin

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

i like to aim bottom corner its less risky than going top shelf

NewBornProdigy
Admin

i hate writing this its sounds so big headed :(

i shoot for the top corners and almost always score my penalties
even if the keeper guess's right it always goes in (ive missed a 4-5 from putting it wide or hitting the post :( )

i got this from relentless practice, and also i curl the ball with the inside of my left foot, so most of the time it looks like a pretty sick penalty... with power and curl and accuracy

if i'm taking a second penalty against the same keeper i have a deception trick:
i set the ball down, take a good long look at the keeper and shape as if i'm gonna curl the ball to the left post, but instead i kinda clip the ball with the edge of my foot closest to the heel and the ball skids (pretty quick) into the right bottom corner.

works like a charm if you really shape your body to shoot in the left corner... but if the keeper gambles and dives the right way (you look like a plonker)

and if i'm taking a third:
i set the ball down, slowy track straight back a few steps STARING the keeper down, during my run up i never take my eyes off him even when i strike the ball (with my instep low for one of the corners) i never take my eyes off him. i sometimes even wait for the keeper to dive or shift his weight one way then put the ball in the other corner. you would be surpised how intimadated some keepers get, but it has to be well rehearsed so you don't scuff the shot. a handy little trick is to imprint your support foot-print beside the ball (so you don't even have to watch the ball

alot of people say 'don't shoot high'
they say this is because its alot easier for someone to put the ball off target completly when shooting high... like it doesn't matter which way the keeper dives if the ball goes over the bar... its logical but if you have confidence that you will score in the top corner then try it!