shoes matter?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
williampro

does it matter what shoes you are wearing for shooting or crossing? today, i kicked and tried to cross with a shoe that's kind the fat and little bit big for me and it felt really weak and doesnt go up the air......i took those shoes off and tried with my bare foot and it was fine...... so do you think what shoes you are wearing matter?

Marlonex
Sophomore Member

yes of course.

mrbeankid22

They do to a certain extent, such as if they are the right size and stuff. And of course that you are not using Jordan's to play soccer. But other than that, almost all soccer shoes give the same 'touch'. If you think Tiempo Legends will give you gold touch and Adidas Predators will give you more swerve, they won't. Now with Vapor SL's on you may be just 0.01 percent faster than wearing some heavy leather boot, but other than that there is no real difference.

williampro

so, it does matter, i wear shoes that are kind the big for me......it's okay when im dribbling with it.......but crossing and kicking with those shoes......well.........doesnt go work so well.........

messimaradona

hi, i had the same problem, i had a size 12 when i wore a size 10.5-11, my dribbling was fine, but i had a hard time getting good hits on the ball. The problem is that it is harder to get the sweet spot because there is so much extra space. I got new 11's and they felt great, with my new 11s i also got k-leather, upgrade from medium predators to old lasers, and although my touch felt a little better, i don't think it was that big of a difference.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Cool! If you want you can post pictures of your boots in the 'Post Your Boots' topic.

Welcome to the Forum's!

rickey_bhim
New User

ya it matters ......get urself a pair of size one less than ur foot n it will make the differnce...................FOR SURE !

2brown347
Veteran Member

mrbeankid22, it's nice to see someone who actrually gets that it's a bunch of marketing bs like myself :P u've brightened my day (not really)

anyway I disagree with what rickey-bhim said, expecially if you have K-leather get a HALF size down, it'll fell up that extra room and it won't be cramming ur feet. Believe it or not going a whole size down over a long period of time can damage ur foot, and is harder on the shoe, while a half size considering that they'll streatch is perfect in most cases. There are exceptions, but u don't want to be having foot sergery at 23 because you ur shoes were TO small. So a half size, and like mrbeankid said.

mrbeankid22

2brown347 wrote:mrbeankid22, it's nice to see someone who actrually gets that it's a bunch of marketing bs like myself :P u've brightened my day (not really)

anyway I disagree with what rickey-bhim said, expecially if you have K-leather get a HALF size down, it'll fell up that extra room and it won't be cramming ur feet. Believe it or not going a whole size down over a long period of time can damage ur foot, and is harder on the shoe, while a half size considering that they'll streatch is perfect in most cases. There are exceptions, but u don't want to be having foot sergery at 23 because you ur shoes were TO small. So a half size, and like mrbeankid said.
Thank you 2Brown :D Yes leather shoes can stretch about a half size like you said. For synthetic shoes (vapors, F50's etc.) I'd recommend getting the same size and wearing two socks. You might be able to pull off getting a half size smaller, or even 1.5 sizes smaller like Ronaldo, but it will hurt you in the long run and it will be extremely uncomfortable.

The only exception to this is Vapor IV's, they run about .5 to .75 longer than said size.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Well, short answer is yes. Long answer is more iffy.

If you're asking about shoe sizes, and if they matter/make a difference to your play/striking then yes, almost always. You should always try to establish your shoes size, and never stray within a size or so of it, if possible. It's just a comfort thing and plus, you don't want the shoe to come flying off, or, conversely, squeeze the hell out of your foot, making it very painful. Different strokes for different folks, though, as I believe Ronaldo is known for wearing shoes much too small for him and, while people are saying it may do him harm in the long run... Maybe there is something to be said for it, given how good he is able to be with them. :p

Different styles... All down to comfort my man. Obviously, don't play with a wrecked pair of shoes if you can help it but, $100 or $10, it's all about how the player in them uses them. ;)

You might also find that it is easier to juggle barefooted/ in socks/with street shoes and, while this may be true due to the wider surface, cleats/boots serve much more purposes then needing a wide instep, such as aerodynamics, spikes for digging into the ground, etc. All relative.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Yes shoes do matter..more in the way of touch on the ball and control. If a shoe fits your foot better, you will be able to control the ball better. And no I don't think different soccer cleats will give you better power or accuracy, but a bad choice of footwear will ruin your touch, which I believe does affect long crosses and shots. This is just because as you strike the ball with your foot, your eyes can be tricked into thinking that there is foot behind that shoe, which in WP's case, if the shoe is too fat, only shoe with empty air behind it will strike the ball. I'm kind of exaggerating this but the principle is the same to a lesser degree.

tjsokkerplayer

YES, as everybody else has said, they matter.

i used to always just try and find a decent price cleat that matched my team colors and i would be happy, but until i asked for advice and was able to get my first good pair of cleats i realized how much your game changes. Try and find a cleat that is for you, maybe wider shoes give you a better shot, or like me k-leather shoe will form to your feet and improve touch. it all depends on how u play, and what u feel comfortable in. keep this in mind -

* yes, if your a good player you will still be a good player in whatever cleat you wear, but its the little extra that seperates the good from the best, you have to do whatever is possible to improve your game. thats why you dont see any pros wear just any cleat, they usually wear thier certain brand and kind that makes them feel comfortable and they get the best performance in*

messimaradona

[quote]thats why you dont see any pros wear just any cleat, they usually wear thier certain brand and kind that makes them feel comfortable and they get the best performance in* actually the pros wear those cleats because they get paid big money to do so

tjsokkerplayer

yes, well i sure they get paid to wear different cleats, but usually they pick a brand and type of shoe they like, and will try out newer one for money but usually all the cleats they wear are simular....

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

not really u just got to get used to kicking wth those cleats. players are payed to wear certain cleats but ther cleats are made for thr feet and customized for them. u just get the crappy one size fits all retail cleats.