fast feet

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
MiKeOnE29

klc123 wrote:Lmao inheritly fast feet, ive got news mate, you dont inherit any physical attributes otherwise sportsmen would be bred together to produce super kids.

Ronaldo used ankle weights and practised all his tricks for ages, which meant when he took the weights of he was extremely fast and had brilliant technieque.
you are kidding right? that's the biggest load of rubbish I've ever read here. Please have a small idea of what you're talking about next time. "you dont inherit any physical attributes" what a load of rubbish

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

You don't inherit a gene for fast feet, but you inherit bone and muscular structure which with training could prove why C Ronaldo has such fast feet. I dont know if that made any sense.

Vistula
Sophomore Member

Actually there have been many guys who's dads have been pro, and they they themselves became pro and even better than his dad. A great modern example would be Frank Lampard for Chelsea. His dad (Frank Sr.) played for West Ham United and won 2 England Cups. His uncle also played for West Ham and his cousin played for 4 teams and the England national team. Im not saying Frank didnt train at all, but it runs in the family you know?

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

Vistula wrote:Actually there have been many guys who's dads have been pro, and they they themselves became pro and even better than his dad. A great modern example would be Frank Lampard for Chelsea. His dad (Frank Sr.) played for West Ham United and won 2 England Cups. His uncle also played for West Ham and his cousin played for 4 teams and the England national team. Im not saying Frank didnt train at all, but it runs in the family you know?
Well if your dad is a pro, he can give you pointers and teach you all sorts of the things that a normal dad couldn't.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

user1101 has basically closed the argument about genetics

but one thing is it only really affects top top athletes (unless your genes are super slow or super fast) and the difference is noticable but minimal

like 100 metres in 10.20 seconds is like being on rocket fuel, 9.72 is a small difference but significant at level they run at

if you train you will get quicker and faster feet and if you keep training you will eventually reach your genetic limit

but when you reach there you will probably have very fast feet regardless of your low or high genetic ability (unless your comparing yourself with someone like ronaldo who probably has an exceptionaly high level)

but don't worry about what you can't do because your genetics will not change no matter how much you want them to

just concentrate on getting the quickest feet possible and the best technique possible through training

on top of that i don't think there is a gene that directly improves your fast feet, so technique building would of course be the primary and most obvious reason ronaldo can do what he does

on the ankle weights thing:

a)ronaldo does not use ankle weights to practice tricks, he uses them to build up leg strenght
he has such quick tricks because through practice all the potential strenght he builds up is converted into speed through technique and training
b)if you do practice tricks with them you will most certainly damage your ligaments and ankles
and using ankle weights to get good tricks would ruin your technique not improve it
c)you wanna get fast feet? do it by training your feet naturally, as Nat_H said simple drills that get your feet moving quick are the best way that you can build up leg movement and technique

on the dad thing:

he would obviously introduce you to the game very early (ronaldinho started at 2, roooney at 2, pele at 4) and teach you alot of techniques and he would also be very good for having inner links with pro clubs

and since your 'the son of great frank lampard' you would be watched very closely by scouts and academies

dhs

not true ronaldo used ankle weights when he practiced step over becaus ehe thought he would be faster when he took the wights off that is in two documentaries and a interview with him so i think its real

NewBornProdigy
Admin

dhs wrote:not true ronaldo used ankle weights when he practiced step over becaus ehe thought he would be faster when he took the wights off that is in two documentaries and a interview with him so i think its real
balls :oops: , ok mabye he did use them for tricks :D

but i remember an interveiw with him where he said he only use's them for leg strength?

but i still advise you not to try use them for practicing stepovers or tricks

like to be honest, look what happened to ronaldo recently

he injured his ankle and is out for 3 months :o

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Technically it's because he wears cleats that are smaller than his foot size to ensure a snug fit and it backfired on him because it affected the ankle support of the cleat.

And the ankle weights thing was when he was a teenager. It can't have too much of an effect at this time - if anything it would be a positive one cuz it made him faster.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Kakasgotskillz wrote:Technically it's because he wears cleats that are smaller than his foot size to ensure a snug fit and it backfired on him because it affected the ankle support of the cleat.

And the ankle weights thing was when he was a teenager. It can't have too much of an effect at this time - if anything it would be a positive one cuz it made him faster.
Actually most pro's wear boots that are slightly too small for them, it would not affect your ankles unless they are already damaged, and considering how little he would wear them it wouldn't have a profound effect, and the injuries that would come of it would not be the heel, but the metatarsal and the toes, but in ronaldo's case 1.5 is a lot of a difference and could have affected his heels aswel as the arc of his foot

the main problems with ankle weights is that they incur long term problems, consider you are doing a stepover very quickly, at the peak of the move,
your foot is outstreched and swinging away from the body and the weights are pulling on your leg as forces pull them

then when you return your leg close to your body the weights still trying to pull away

this pulling effect strectches the tendons and ligaments in your ankle and calf

in the short term you would get strong legs fast

in the long term you would get weak and flimbsey ankls that are easily injured and your knees can get severly fu**ed aswel

so him doing it as a teenager (when his muscles were still growing and changing did make him faster, but quite fu**ed up his feet now) was probably worse then doing them now

klc123
Veteran Member

Lads, please wake up, yes there is alot of genetics involved but its not genetics as in my family are slow so thats my excuse, its what nationality you have that normally determins your genes because the gene pool for your country is all similar to eachothers, but even throughout all of this, you cant use it as a excuse to say well im english so im naturally slow because thats just rediculous, training is dedication is what matters most and you could be against the most geneticly pure niggerian in the world and still be able to beat him if you trained harder than he did. Im sick of people saying oh its not my fault im slow, because the fact is YES IT BLOODY IS, if you dont train its your loss and its your fault ur slow, not your mums, not yor dads, not your countrys, ITS YOUR FAULT, i was the slowest boy in my school year 3 years ago, now im one of the fastest having a 100m time of 12.1 seconds at the age of 15, and yes IM IRISH/ENGLISH WHITE NOT BLACK.

dream_on_go_pro

dude, let the arguement about this go... Oh i had a gr8 example of good genetics too. There is this guy on my soccer team he is faster than any varsity player and we have some pretty fats guys and he is a freshman... i was wondering how he got so fast even though he never does speed trainin. Well last night i realized why... his MOM was an olympic track runner and she didnt teach him all this cause form can only go to a certain point. That is why this guy is INHERINTLY fast

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

Maybe its a coincidence.

MiKeOnE29

for crying out loud. Frank lampard inherited attributes from his dad. This would of included footballing skill.

This is the same with other sportsman and women. A lot of the time if there are others in their family (i.e mum/dad or granddad ect.) that have a particular ability it is quite likely that this will cross over to them, this isnt always the case though.

Honestly i thought everyone would know this stuff?!?!?!

Nat_H
Veteran Member

I think the bottom line is everyone inherits some athletic ability (or lack thereof), but someone with less inherent athleticism could easily overcome someone with more by training harder and pushing him/herself further.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

klc123 wrote:please wake up, yes there is alot of genetics involved but its not genetics as in my family are slow so thats my excuse, its what nationality you have that normally determins your genes because the gene pool for your country is all similar to eachothers, but even throughout all of this, you cant use it as a excuse to say well im english so im naturally slow because thats just rediculous, training is dedication is what matters most and you could be against the most geneticly pure niggerian in the world and still be able to beat him if you trained harder than he did. Im sick of people saying oh its not my fault im slow, because the fact is YES IT BLOODY IS, if you dont train its your loss and its your fault ur slow, not your mums, not yor dads, not your countrys, ITS YOUR FAULT, i was the slowest boy in my school year 3 years ago, now im one of the fastest having a 100m time of 12.1 seconds at the age of 15, and yes IM IRISH/ENGLISH WHITE NOT BLACK.

ok man i am glad that you have become quick through hard work and perseverence, but no-one said you become fast from genetics alone

like your jumping to conclusions, if you train hard you will reach your full potential, but if your genetic potential is 12.1 sec you will no get any better than that

if your genetic potential is 9.78 sec you will eventually reach that potential with hard and dedicated training

if your genetic potential is 9.78 sec and you play X-Box all day it will stay as potential, and your real time will be 29.8 sec

you can be better than someone with good genetics if you train harder, but if they train just as hard... well :(

now to be honest this argument was solved a while back so i consider it dropped :roll:

which part of ireland are you from?