I have hit the roof and can't go on

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
thisisdard
Veteran Member

I am going to try for this college team soon. Don't know when try outs are but I need to gain a LOT of weight by December because that will make a good strategic set - up for my future training routine in January next year. I have decided to think ahead and I have been working hard these past few months in particular.

A few weeks ago I was struggling to hit long passes at 25 yards with my right. My left was awfully weak and was in poor form. My left was not as nearly efficient as my right and was much worse. However, I got this painful muscle on my right foot which meant that if I wanted to train hard, I could ONLY use my left. The end result was that due to intense training to get my long pass/clearance correct once and for all, my left foot has dramatically improved and I can string long passes up to 50 yards with my left. My right foot is slowly recovering but it can now do 50 as well compared to 25 a few months ago. My left foot is beginning to become my stronger foot. Good news for me because I'm an LB.

-------------
My small body frame and short size puts me in a BIG disadvantage against bigger college opponents. If I can gain muscle mass quickly, this will put me in a better position because more muscle mass now will do away with 75% of my current problems and obstacles. If you wish to know why I said "I hit the roof and can't go on", it is because there is that next level of play I can really feel in me which I cannot get in touch with unless I can get this problem down. My rate of improvement over the last year has been slowing down quite badly. More muscle mass means better acceleration, better chesting, more confidence in going for air balls, stronger support for legs, improved clearances, fast runs, and overall better defending. If I can make myself strong particularly in the upper body, that will really IMPROVE my play by far and my rate of improvement will explode.

So please help me my fellow EF slaves!

Juve

you need to head down to mcdonalds if u want to gain weight easily

thisisdard
Veteran Member

Do not take my place of holy worship in VAIN!

zcm12

Just eat stuff with a whole ton of calories right before you go to bed.

HE WILL BE BACK I KNOW IT!

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

yeah then you can put on plenty of fat :wink:

great plan :roll:

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

thisisdard
Veteran Member

I am beginning to think that this thread should have gone somewhere else.....

This is the most useless advice I have received in my stay in EF. :oops:

Muscle mass does not equal fat mass. The first is needed for long term sports conditioning. The last looks nice on women as long as its sculpted to make them look curvy.

zcm12

Wait I'm confused. Do you want a way to get fat. I guess not. Or do you need a weight training routine so you can get bigger and be able to play with college guys? If it's that then this isn't really a routine but it might help
http://strengthtrainingfordummies.com/

HE WILL BE BACK I KNOW IT!

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

thisisdard wrote:I am beginning to think that this thread should have gone somewhere else.....
Ignore scotty's post.

thisisdard
Veteran Member

http://strengthtrainingfordummies.com/

8 - 10 weeks?!? Not bad! Thank you zcm12! :o

But here's problem number 2... I have a pair of dumbells at home, but if I need a good body workout, I need those giant barbells, somehow.

I played against some college grads/students. I might have better stamina, endurance, and passing (both long and short). Still need to be more aggressive while dribbling and using my body as a wall/tank while trying to get control of some balls, but (given my current status), I can only get better at both if I wasn't so lightweight.

Another, I am not sure if I can afford buying more food than usual. Building body mass means eating more but I have a big family so I'll have to learn how to divide resources. Hmmm.....

cyxstudio

Mc donalds are bad for health in long term!! instead of fast food, take a balance diet with high protein instead of fat! use protein powder, or best of all, eggs. Take ten eggs a day without eating egg york cause it is high in cholestriol.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Don't do mcdonalds, you want to put on weight but not sloppy weight thats going to make you feel fat and out of shape.

I remember watching an mtv true life episode called "I want the perfect body" anways there was a american football player who was going to notre dame but needed to put on weight to compete with hte other linebackers.

He didn't eat mcdonalds and all that crap I believe he said something like "I eat every couple of hours. I want to but on lean mass but not sloppy weight. He also worked out like twice a day?". Just eat normally but maybe more than you used to. Like proteins, rice, things with a lot of carbs.

Also get a good workout regime with weights involved. Maybe join a gym and hire a personal trainer, depending on where you go there should be some knowledgeable trainers, (I know people who had bad experiences with "trainers" who knew absolutely nothing).