I want to become a better DM

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
cffnm47
New User

I want to become a better DM

Post by cffnm47 » 26 May 2008, 15:10

I'm about 5.9 and 55kgs, 16 as well. I'm very fast and have good stamina, positioning and reading of the game, as well as being very good in the air, I have a good finish and can get past people with my dribbling. I normally play as a CB or as a SB but I want to become a better DM.

What attributes of my game should I work on to get better in this position?

Thanks in advance

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 26 May 2008, 16:30

If you had half those things u just said then you would be a good striker...tell us what you really are and stop making stuff up.

cffnm47
New User

Post by cffnm47 » 26 May 2008, 16:45

I'm very well balenced, I'm as fast as the fastest people I know, and better thna everyone else I know in the air, my dribbling is good, but I lack confidence, I place my shots adn can shoot with left and right, as well as with power, my passing needs work but I can pick out penetrative passes effectively enough, I'm not that strong but not weak enough to get bullied on the pitch either, and my crosses have a tendancy to be poor, also sometimes my first touch can be slightly iffy. I don't play as a striker becuase I'm a natuaral defender, and I have a good reading of the gaem, maybe I'm coming off slightly egotistical but that's just me.

Juve

Post by Juve » 26 May 2008, 17:28

if you want to play in any defensive role i say you need to wiegh more, im 5'8 or 9 i think and weigh like 74 or 76kg and i win the ball all the time

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 26 May 2008, 18:56

haha winning the ball all the time is alright but sometimes you need to do more :wink:

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Juve

Post by Juve » 26 May 2008, 21:12

that was only one of my characteristics as a sweeper L0L

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 26 May 2008, 21:14

Juve wrote:that was only one of my characteristics as a sweeper L0L

you got many others :P

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 27 May 2008, 18:59

i would give you advice cffnm47 but your better than every professional defender and defensive mid put together it seems good luck :)
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 29 May 2008, 02:02

Don't listen to Juve, I'm 5'10'' and 59kg and I'm 15, I'm a great DMF (me being full of myself and all :D ). Anyways, from your description though, you and I play different styles. I guess you could define DMF as two roles: either the stopper, or the deep lying playmaker. Your description is leaning more toward the stopper side (with mine being the other one).

Basically, in order to take advantage of your skills, you need to be up and around the field at all times. You sound like a hard worker, one that can keep going for 90 minutes non-stop. As a stopper, your job is to always, i guess "stop" the play, or halt their attack. This applies to both roles of DMF because it's called a "holding midfield".

So when you defend, basically lure their attacker toward you, and keep backing up but let him gain ground on you (never leave the attacker around 1 m in front of you because that's usually the point where he/she makes their move). Always keep your head up, know the game (you can improve that by watching games and reading articles such as the ones we have in this site). You need to slow them down, so stay jockeying but don't be aggressive and attack the man or else he'll pass it off and the attack will continue. Only use your speed from you have to, such as when you're switching from one side to another or you run down a speedy attacker.

As for strength, we skinny people have to know that many wingers/strikers can't use their bodies as effectively as we do. We always go inbetween the ball, and use our speed to reach 50/50 balls first. Co-ordinate your defense with your defenders, and you should become a relative threat.

Also, on the attack, the stopper usually acts as a transition between defense and midfield. Keep your plays simple, as you still reside within a dangerous area of the pitch. More than likely, your first option when you get the ball is to turn and pass it either back to the defense or to the sides for the midfield (because you don't usually get the ball sent back to you unless your midfielders/forwards are being pressured badly). Your role in attack is to spread the play without losing your position.

and Rulezzz is just making a lame excuse because he knows he has no advice to give :wink:

Juve

Post by Juve » 29 May 2008, 15:12

but cmon weighing a little more makes it much more easier

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 29 May 2008, 20:23

Well people can't help it if they're skinny and have a high metabolism can they? :P

Juve

Post by Juve » 29 May 2008, 21:59

mcdonalds

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 31 May 2008, 22:22

Juve wrote:mcdonalds
haha i was thinking more KFC actually, no seriously guys with high metabolisms, i am fortunate enough not to to burn off too much weight, but if you are disadvantaged in that way it just means you have to work on it more, you never gonna look like arnie, but in the modern game strength is very important.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

SHOT234

Post by SHOT234 » 01 Jun 2008, 21:58

Rulezzz wrote:
Juve wrote:mcdonalds
haha i was thinking more KFC actually, no seriously guys with high metabolisms, i am fortunate enough not to to burn off too much weight, but if you are disadvantaged in that way it just means you have to work on it more, you never gonna look like arnie, but in the modern game strength is very important.
YEA WORK OUT YOUR UPPER BODY people will get afraid of you and u can back it up otherwise u just got 1 v1 with a buddy

"If what you're working for really matters, you'll give it all you've got"
Nido Qubein

cffnm47
New User

Post by cffnm47 » 29 Jun 2008, 21:34

thanks guys, well, mainly to Kakasgotskillz, but thanks to everyone who responded. I am deceptively strong for my weight, and am working on getting stronger, but strength isn't that big an issue for me as generally I can just outpace stronger people in 50/50s, so it doesn't affect my game that much atm.

Kakasgotskillz I'm gonna take everything that you said and try to apply it to my gmae , thnaks a lot man.