**SKIPPING**

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Anymi
Veteran Member

Yes i know it sounds corny but I heard it improves your agility/ fast feet. To get results how many should i do a day.

Thanks in advance.

GO CARDIFF IN CUP FINAL

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Hop till ya drop..
Oh well, a corny answer for your corny question..

Ali14

just do as much as u can...

skippin also improves stamina nd makes u slim... :)

zcm12

well I don't think just skipping will improve your agility or speed of feet very much cause you gotta do something that calls for quick feet to get quick feet. and you don't have to be quick to skip.

HE WILL BE BACK I KNOW IT!

Wanderer
Veteran Member

it does help speed, jumpin rope..jz focus on jumpin faster and faster..you can add variations, like one leg, backwards, forwards etc..

On another note, hope someone can clear this up for me..does j.rope on pavement make you vulnerable to injuries? sorta like the effect of doin plyos on concrete.

Anymi
Veteran Member

Ali14 wrote:
Does it help bulid up calves

unknown

Wanderer wrote:it does help speed, jumpin rope..jz focus on jumpin faster and faster..you can add variations, like one leg, backwards, forwards etc..

On another note, hope someone can clear this up for me..does j.rope on pavement make you vulnerable to injuries? sorta like the effect of doin plyos on concrete.
ya it puts more strain on ure joints (mostly ure knees) since concrete wont help absorb any of the impact of landing like another surface, e.g. grass, will

unknown

Anymi wrote:
Ali14 wrote:
Does it help bulid up calves
It depends on how u jump. if u want to build up calves try jumping with just ure calves (try not to bend or extend ure knees and let ure "ankles" push u up and down)

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

jumping rope on concrete will cause injuries especially our knees. My plyometrics dvd suggets doing the workout on a yoga mat, I got one and it really helps. This way it absorbs the shock and won't cause injuries, you can get one pretty much anywhere. Use it when you jump rope, that way you won't have to jump on the concrete