Blistering Pace ?

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Boody

Does anyone have a trainning routine or anything like that to increase pace with and without the ball sort of to walcott's level of pace ?

thanks

mint
EF Drug Baron

try doing fartleks and shuttle runs
i was made to ignite

Collins91

I need hand getting some pace to be honest
No one likes a slow winger

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: you think if there was a routine to get walcotts pace every player in the world would be that fast

this is an incredibly stupid thread boody coming from someone who thinks he can get into an english academy

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Boody

ScottyBoy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: you think if there was a routine to get walcotts pace every player in the world would be that fast

this is an incredibly stupid thread boody coming from someone who thinks he can get into an english academy
Of course there is no routine to get exactly as fast as walcott but there are routines to increase in speed and pace. I am quick but i want to be quicker i used walcott as an example. Of course if you follow a specific routine properly for a long time you will end up having pace like walcotts its not something physicaly or mentaly impossible. Yes i think i can get into an english acdemy if teams like rangers accepts someone like you then i think anyone can join.

Instead of critism and usless posts maybe you could give advise or routines and if you think the topic is stupid you are stupid to reply to it and maybe you should keep your comments to yourself as no one here would want to hear them or gain anything from them.

so to put things short screw you scottyboy :lol: :D

tonyr
New User

There is a guy called Mike Antoniades who has done a lot of work on improving players pace.

Try this link - you may have to look around but it may help.

http://www.totalyouthfootball.com/train ... p?idno=195

He has also made a video - the need for speed.

From what I know he advocates a lot of work on agility ladders to encourage fast feet together with training poached from sprinters.

Good luck!
Tony

klc123
Veteran Member

read my thing saying speed stuff, its got quite good tips in there.

MiKeOnE29

Speed is mostly natural. Personally im very fast at running and by training and using the correct sprinting technique i've been able to improve my speed to a degree. This does not go to say that if your slow you'll be able to train hard and become the quickest of the team, im afraid if you born slow then there's little you can do to get extremly fast.

Basically you can use a ladder to improve you footwork which is very important and fartlek training. Fartlek training means speed play and what i did was too run around the pitch but when i went down either end i would sprint Image you just do that continually it helps you speed and just general fitness. i think i'd do it like 5/6 times or whatever.

Then there the actual technique. i dont know about you guys but C.Ronaldo uses one hell of a sh*tty technique when he's running. You wanna have you head still and use your arms as pistons like thishttp://youtube.com/watch?v=EQ9y22sXm4M&feature=related

For some reason C.Ronaldo runs not only like a gril but with his arms moving across his body which not only looks fu**ing stupid it really isnt the way you wanna run.

Thats my take on it all just remember if your slow now then dont expect some amazing training program to make you as fast as SWP

Hugh
Veteran Member

Sorry to burst your bubble here but if you want Theo/Lennon pace and you don't have it now you're never going to. That's all genetic, oh sure, you can do endurance training and maybe strength training to get a little faster but essentially you're either fast or you're not.

And I'm thankful every day that I am :D

klc123
Veteran Member

Lol yous make me laugh, speed isnt genetics, if that was the case then strength would be a genetic thing to, yes you can be lucky and have a good body as a kid which makes you fast, but all this stuff to do with genetic fattness, speed is all just a load of C**p. every olymipic sprinter has done years worth of training building up their muscles.

Speed is all muscles and technequie, have both and you'll be fast, wana no why c ronldo is so fast? because he trains. he does everything he does with ankle weights on so he has very fast stepovers, feet and is fast! it makes sense people. never believe that its genetics and never give up, my friend used to be fat, now he runs long distance for england. i used to be slow but now im one of the fastest people in my skool and im like the youngest in my age group aswel. and what do you kno, me and my mate train!!!

Wanderer
Veteran Member

MiKeOnE29 wrote:Speed is mostly natural. Personally im very fast at running and by training and using the correct sprinting technique i've been able to improve my speed to a degree. This does not go to say that if your slow you'll be able to train hard and become the quickest of the team, im afraid if you born slow then there's little you can do to get extremly fast.

Basically you can use a ladder to improve you footwork which is very important and fartlek training. Fartlek training means speed play and what i did was too run around the pitch but when i went down either end i would sprint Image you just do that continually it helps you speed and just general fitness. i think i'd do it like 5/6 times or whatever.

Then there the actual technique. i dont know about you guys but C.Ronaldo uses one hell of a sh*tty technique when he's running. You wanna have you head still and use your arms as pistons like thishttp://youtube.com/watch?v=EQ9y22sXm4M&feature=related

For some reason C.Ronaldo runs not only like a gril but with his arms moving across his body which not only looks fu**ing stupid it really isnt the way you wanna run.

Thats my take on it all just remember if your slow now then dont expect some amazing training program to make you as fast as SWP
erm,isn't he doin that?head still, arms pushin?

unknown

klc123 wrote:Lol yous make me laugh, speed isnt genetics, if that was the case then strength would be a genetic thing to, yes you can be lucky and have a good body as a kid which makes you fast, but all this stuff to do with genetic fattness, speed is all just a load of C**p. every olymipic sprinter has done years worth of training building up their muscles.

Speed is all muscles and technequie, have both and you'll be fast, wana no why c ronldo is so fast? because he trains. he does everything he does with ankle weights on so he has very fast stepovers, feet and is fast! it makes sense people. never believe that its genetics and never give up, my friend used to be fat, now he runs long distance for england. i used to be slow but now im one of the fastest people in my skool and im like the youngest in my age group aswel. and what do you kno, me and my mate train!!!
i agree. saying its genetics so casually is an insult to these ppl who put their blood, sweat, and tears into their training.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

klc123 wrote:Lol yous make me laugh, speed isnt genetics, if that was the case then strength would be a genetic thing to, yes you can be lucky and have a good body as a kid which makes you fast, but all this stuff to do with genetic fattness, speed is all just a load of C**p. every olymipic sprinter has done years worth of training building up their muscles.

That's a right load of BS.

Speed is mostly genetics. And alot of muscular/strength things are based off genetics as well. Sure, you can do speed training, and sure, you can do strength training (which WILL make you loads stronger), however, not anyone can become fast. You're full of crap if you think that anyone can just follow a professional training regimen (no matter how long-years, months, etc) and just come out with pace like Walcott, Henry, etc.

I'm not naturally fast. And I've been doing professional speed training for 2-3 years. I've gotten faster, definitely. Fast for me. Not fast compared to the average player on my team or in my league. Proper training isn't everthing. Some people are born ahead.

Please tell me you don't honestly believe that professional footballers are just your average joe lads with lots of training?! Yes, they've done a sh*tload of training, but they're also very gentically blessed athletes in some way or another.

Don't get me wrong. This isn't a personal attack directed at you or anyone else. I'm just clearing up what I believe to be some serious misstatements.

unknown

Soccer4Life wrote:

That's a right load of BS.

Speed is mostly genetics. And alot of muscular/strength things are based off genetics as well. Sure, you can do speed training, and sure, you can do strength training (which WILL make you loads stronger), however, not anyone can become fast. You're full of crap if you think that anyone can just follow a professional training regimen (no matter how long-years, months, etc) and just come out with pace like Walcott, Henry, etc.

I'm not naturally fast. And I've been doing professional speed training for 2-3 years. I've gotten faster, definitely. Fast for me. Not fast compared to the average player on my team or in my league. Proper training isn't everthing. Some people are born ahead.

Please tell me you don't honestly believe that professional footballers are just your average joe lads with lots of training?! Yes, they've done a sh*tload of training, but they're also very gentically blessed athletes in some way or another.

Don't get me wrong. This isn't a personal attack directed at you or anyone else. I'm just clearing up what I believe to be some serious misstatements.
seems a bit like a personal attack even if its not intended 2 b 1.
also i disagree. i think genetics helps but in making you faster but if u dont train and work ure ass off ure not gonna achieve those results. my take on it is this: genetics helps you get ure results faster and easier, but that doesnt mean that the person with "worse" genetics is never gonna achieve the same speeds, it just means it will take longer, and in some cases
a lot longer. and saying that speed is all or even mostly genetics is disrespectful to these athletes because u dont know how much effort they have put into their training

MiKeOnE29

Wanderer wrote:
erm,isn't he doin that?head still, arms pushin?
no. ronaldo does this stupid thing where instead of using his arms as pistons he makes them go across his body.

and to the guy who thinks anyone can get fast, thats absolute BS