Crap Shot on grass, Awsome shot on cement

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
BiGpAcKaGe
New User

Crap Shot on grass, Awsome shot on cement

Post by BiGpAcKaGe » 03 Apr 2008, 03:26

ok so I practise alot on basketball courts and hard surfaces and then my shots always seem to be more powerful and can knuckle and dip really easily, how come they don't do that on grass?

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 03 Apr 2008, 03:33

I get the same problem when I haven't played outside in a while and have played lots of indoor. For me it's just getting use to it. Practice more outside and don't lose confidence, u'll get ur outdoor shot up to par. It's just the switch from "perfect" surfaces to the unreliable out door ones.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 03 Apr 2008, 03:41

Welcome to the forums. Brown pretty much said it all. The ball simply doesnt roll as easily as it does on grass, and its a bit harder to get a clean shot. Its something you have to practise outdoors.
Sig by me

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 03 Apr 2008, 23:13

Had2bHarry wrote:Welcome to the forums. Brown pretty much said it all. The ball simply doesnt roll as easily as it does on grass, and its a bit harder to get a clean shot. Its something you have to practise outdoors.
It's not that you have to only practice outdoors, but rather find a healthy medium where you get the proper amount of technique-based training (indoors) and consistency-based training (outdoors).

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 03 Apr 2008, 23:24

Soccer4Life wrote:
Had2bHarry wrote:Welcome to the forums. Brown pretty much said it all. The ball simply doesnt roll as easily as it does on grass, and its a bit harder to get a clean shot. Its something you have to practise outdoors.
It's not that you have to only practice outdoors, but rather find a healthy medium where you get the proper amount of technique-based training (indoors) and consistency-based training (outdoors).
True you don't want to lose ur indoor shot. But thats y S4L is a beloved by all the members seeking knowledge. Just like John Stamos. ( I don't know who that is the name just popped into my head when I was trying to think of one)

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 04 Apr 2008, 01:40

I'm pretty sure that there's no non-professional field that isn't ruggity and needs maintenance. I've been playing indoor since October so I'm gonna miss it when I have to go back to outdoor :cry: I'm gonna miss that hard shot I worked up.

ageorge
Veteran Member

Post by ageorge » 12 Apr 2008, 13:11

dude just practice on the crappy surface, you need to be playing outdoors the surface makes a huge difference, also idk what fields you play on but in hs games some of the fields are terrible so it helps to be good on even crap surfaces.
"I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."<STRIKE>Thierry Henry</STRIKE>