how do you think players learnt the tricks

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
donaldo7

how do you think players learnt the tricks

Post by donaldo7 » 22 Mar 2008, 19:50

sorry if this a rubbish post but i was wondering were do you think players like robinho ronaldo or quaresma learn all there tricks from and players like maradona didnt have a computer or tv so where did he learn his skills from thanks if any one can awnser this

OJ9

Post by OJ9 » 22 Mar 2008, 19:59

Well, they must've seen someone else do it, like in street football or w/e.

I learn tricks off mates all the time, well actually its usually them learning from me ;)

BTW, Robinho has like... 2 tricks. Flip/Flap and Stepover, neither that impressive to be fair.

donaldo7

Post by donaldo7 » 22 Mar 2008, 20:20

o rite yh i take it u skim them all the time lol yh i spose but ronaldo and ronaldinho are like doing different ones every game and do you think they just practised them untill they got it perfect

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 22 Mar 2008, 20:48

OJ9 wrote:Well, they must've seen someone else do it, like in street football or w/e.

I learn tricks off mates all the time, well actually its usually them learning from me ;)

BTW, Robinho has like... 2 tricks. Flip/Flap and Stepover, neither that impressive to be fair.
But it's how well he executes it that's impressive :wink:

OJ9

Post by OJ9 » 22 Mar 2008, 21:08

if you're asking about how they do the tricks so well, well they do a thing called practice ;)

donaldo7

Post by donaldo7 » 22 Mar 2008, 21:28

lol yh but how did they find out about the trick and how did they practice it just by doin it again and again or a special routine

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 22 Mar 2008, 21:35

they have a lot of idle time during practice where they just work on their ground moves. they also work on them during practice scrimmages.

unknown

Post by unknown » 22 Mar 2008, 22:17

i think they just found something that worked while they where practiing/playing and then developed the movements into refined forms. like a fake kick that cryuff turns into the cryuff turn or pulling the ball back and turning to shield it becoming a roulette. of course i have no idea if thats true but it seems likely considering there are moves that even i have done while playing that arent practiced tricks but on the fly.

donaldo7

Post by donaldo7 » 22 Mar 2008, 22:48

o right cool do you think thats how quaresma picked up rabona because it is perfect

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 23 Mar 2008, 04:16

It's obviously just practice like any other move. Constant repetition of a move until they perfect it. It didn't happen in 1 day, I guarantee that. But I also know that they didn't train all day just to get that 1 move down, although they might have incorporated it into their day of playing as much as they can until after time they perfected it. People always think there's some secret training routine to do things, almost like looking for a shortcut. Soccer is a simple sport, it's practice that will get you there. Repetition is how your body learns, so go do it. There's also something called creativity which these players have, they don't need to see it on a computer to go "holy crap this could work if I learn it!"
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

unknown

Post by unknown » 23 Mar 2008, 05:53

o right cool do you think thats how quaresma picked up rabona because it is perfect
i must've read the original post wrong cuz i thot u ment how do players create these moves. but i guess u meant how do they learn pre-existing moves? in which case i agree with what most of the ppl already said which is its pure practice. the take the time to work on moves till they get them down and then continue practicing so the skill doesnt erode over time

mak9

Re: how do you think players learnt the tricks

Post by mak9 » 29 Mar 2008, 13:24

donaldo7 wrote:sorry if this a rubbish post but i was wondering were do you think players like robinho ronaldo or quaresma learn all there tricks from and players like maradona didnt have a computer or tv so where did he learn his skills from thanks if any one can awnser this
i'm taking it that you live in north america

in europe, south america and parts of asia there is a lot of football games, matches televised on tv

there are a lot of pick up games where kids learn from older players

there are also a lot of vhs videos on star players.....from maradona, shuster, muller, ...etc. For example, Zidane when he was young manged to buy a video of maradona training (a famous video made in italy)...so it showed a lot of his skills........which zidane tries to practice. Convinient stores in europe for example sell a lot of soccer videos, posters, magazines...etc.

donaldo7

Post by donaldo7 » 29 Mar 2008, 19:37

nah im from england. o rite nd in england theres no videos showing skill only freestyle and theres no one older who i can learn from reli

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Post by MSILancer7 » 30 Mar 2008, 01:54

I think that some tricks were made up on accident. Like the flip-flap. Someone probably hit the ball with the outside of their foot and then stepped really fast and hit the ball the other way which burnt the defender and then they thought "hey that worked, im gonna use it again"

donaldo7

Post by donaldo7 » 30 Mar 2008, 19:46

yeah gd point thats probs how they made up new tricks. what do you think they practiced when they were kids at there home