training too much???

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing

do you think it is better for you, to train every day, or 2 or 3 times a week?

everyday
64%
a couple times a week
18%
as much as you want as long as your having fun
18%

Total votes: 22

tjsokkerplayer

u know how you always hear that if you lift wieghts everday and stuff like that, you will never get stronger, and actually its bad for you, does the same rule apply to soccer training???, part of me thinks so, because when i practice everyday i dont see improvement and can get bored of training ever single day i lose motivation, but today i finally practiced and this was only the 2nd time i practiced this week, and i saw alot of improvement and had fun, instead of having to force my self outside to get better.

CRonaldo_7
New User

Well I know what you mean about the weight training but that happens because the muscle becomes used to the weight and therefore there is no growth in the muscle. But practicing soccer everyday might not be that fun, but it actually works better. Because with practicing sports the movements you make are being recorded into your brain. So everytime you go to sleep your brain will be going through the different movements and storing them in your brain. So each time you go and play soccer you will see a bit of improvement. What also might have been affecting you was because you were looking at your practices as work and you were also frustrated and that way is harder to learn. Hope this helps...I've been watching this show on Discovery Channel that talks about the brain and well they used a soccer player as an example. :D

Yeah1
New User

In the summer I try to train every day, but only in the summer. Now I let myself 1 or 2 or max. 3 day of rest in the week because of school and other activities.

Rocky
Veteran Member

tsjokkerplayer, how many hours a day do you practice?

Just wondering.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

It depends on your fitness levels, if you are partly injured then every day is way too much you need rest days to rest your joints(im assuming your talking about football not inc. weight training). In regards to weight training you definately need rest days there is no question about it.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

tjsokkerplayer

thanks for the help, because i have been off and on with training, i was on a streak for a month or 2, but now i can barely seem to get my butt outside, since im just tired of soccer and its just that for some reason i lost my motivation, maybe because i dont see enough improvement, and its not fair that some of my friends just go to soccer practice and never practice at home and i have to practice at home to just stay with them, i still want to get good its just that i need motivavtion or something, and dont want to have to force myself outside everyday, hopefully you guys can understand and help is much wanted.....

deano7

to be honest with ya, like you just said in your quotes you go out and train after practice where as they dont, in the long term you will be a much more better player than them if you keep this up mate believe me! Also you have to have targets and believe u can meet them, if you dont believe in yourself then theres no point! you always have to believe there is that light at the end of the tunnel
Never Criticise your own ability.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

deano7 wrote:to be honest with ya, like you just said in your quotes you go out and train after practice where as they dont, in the long term you will be a much more better player than them if you keep this up mate believe me! Also you have to have targets and believe u can meet them, if you dont believe in yourself then theres no point! you always have to believe there is that light at the end of the tunnel
well said improvement will never happen if you keep putting yourself down and saying "you wont do it" or if you let others effect you. But another key thing youll need to do is make sure you are doing the right drills outside to suit your needs. If your doing the wrong stuff it really is a waste of time.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

cyxstudio

well whether u improve or not depends on ur quality of training not quantity. there is no saying whether training everyday is bad but i know if u overload it may be bad. So concentrate to improve ur weak point or set a goal at every training session or game.

HG9
New User

do you benefit more from playing or training

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

HG9 wrote:do you benefit more from playing or training
Both actually. When you train, you improve your physical and technical skills, while when you play you improve your tactical and technical skills. Whichever one you prefer. I prefer both as long as I get the ball at my feet :P

cyxstudio

when u train u improve ur weakness but that doesn't mean u are really good. We can only judge someone with his on field performance. So you should try to use what u learn in training in games. and that may not be easy!!

klc123
Veteran Member

saying training is way to general, i train everyday but every day i train differently, i mean every day i practise all the stuff that you shud be practising like skills and techneqiue but muscel building, strength and stamina dont improve if you dont take a break.