how would you try to stop CR???

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
keller8
Veteran Member

Ok no more on sh*tty players now. Just how you would stop C Ronaldo.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

i second that keller

but fletcher isnt sh*t you cocksucker juve :lol:

"give me a baseball bat and i'll stop any c**t" me (belongs in classic quotes but is relevant in most aspects of life including this)

Juve

ok ill stop

btw

"I'd waited long enough. I fu**ing hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you c**t. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries"

roy keane legend

sufinomono
Sophomore Member

all you have to do is keep staring at the ball and baking up and dont dive in wait for him to make a mistake
but if he is running towards you
use your body and try to poke the ball out of his possetion

udinese20

keep him on the outside.. let him get passed you jst a bit, so that if you slide tackle then you'll get the ball and not his legs. It's all about the timing and the position your in when your trying to get the ball off him

neoExodus

Just when he comes at me and starts doing his step-over thing i place myself diagonaly towards him, then when he is half-way doing it, quickly put you leg between his and he won't dive cous it was during his dribble, he won't have enough tempo to do it, well maybe in the third time you do this he will cous he is a damn pro at diving, but still he would think twice before running at me. Saw this from Dani Alves, he does it but sometimes he is really harsh doing it.

mint
EF Drug Baron

I would supply him with large amounts of alcohol before the match so he is considerably drunk then i would just say that hes playing rugby to him and make him handball teh ball all the time :lol:

Nah i would probably try an jockey him keep him on the outside then just as he starts to accelerate past me just try and pinch the ball away from him.
i was made to ignite

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

I think this thread is really stupid because nobody on this website would ever stop CR7 in a 1v1 situation......but most of the replies are preety accurate: contain him and don't let him get the ball to the inside.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

AnasAlex10
New User

I give him space because I know if I try to stick with him he will easily pass by me using his acceleration and skills. When I give him space he will mostly go for a shot, cross, or a pass. When I'm sure he is shooting or crossing, I'll just block tackle him. But we all know that Ronaldo can change his mind is less than a second when shooting and dribble instead where I'm trying to block his shot, here he will pass by me and I give him a nasty tackle hehe!

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

You don't have to do anything, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0oYDnie ... re=related

Simply contain him and wait for help. Forcing him to pass is the goal (better than him dribbling passed you).

amu86

go in really hard and see if you get the ball