how would you try to stop CR???

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
WorldCup
New User

Lets imagine Cristiano Ronaldo was approaching how can you stop such a player like him????

2brown347
Veteran Member

WorldCup wrote:Lets imagine Cristiano Ronaldo was approaching how can you stop such a player like him????
personally, I'd kick him in the head 8)

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

That's cool: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UPl2mWBFe90&feature=related
I'd personally just shoot him in the face with a rifle I keep down my pants(thanks for the advice Rocky :P ) and then piss in this mouth. :shock:.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

BGbeast23 wrote:That's cool: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UPl2mWBFe90&feature=related
I'd personally just shoot him in the face with a rifle I keep down my pants(thanks for the advice Rocky :P ) and then piss in this mouth. :shock:.
What happened to the guy that cleated him in the face?

To stop CR, I would just absorb and give him alot of space and wait for other defenders to come help me close him down.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

WorldCup wrote:Lets imagine Cristiano Ronaldo was approaching how can you stop such a player like him????
1 - There is no way I would close him down because his acceleration is unbelievable.

2 - I would back away hoping a team-mate will tackle him.

Rocky
Veteran Member

Lets imagine Cristiano Ronaldo was approaching how can you stop such a player like him????
Well, if he approached me at full speed then that would be a problem but if he was stationary on a 1on1 then I would just stand there and watch him take all those ten scissors, if i'm lucky, he might get off balance so i can put a tackle in. The best thing to do against players like this is to just stay calm. Trying desperatley to take the ball away will make you fall on your ass. Just stay defensive and calm until the right moment for your tackle.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.

soccer11
Admin

i wouldn't let him get inside. i'd try to keep him to the outside as much as possible, wait until he passes off or your teammate comes to help you. and if he gets by you, just body check him or something. i'd rather give up a free kick than a chance for him to score a goal.

Ballack13
Veteran Member

Probably just jockey, and force him to go too around the sideline, and then if he made some kind a quick move id probably just poke the ball out from him and itll go out of bounds, but thats all ive got. If he got past me id probably just tackle him from behind.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Jockey until i can force him into the touchline, use the sideline as a 2nd defender. Hopefully i can get him to "bite" to one side as i fake a tackle and get him to commit to the opposite side...
The key to success is to never let him accelerate past you...
sig by 2brown347

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

ForzaMilan wrote:
BGbeast23 wrote:That's cool: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UPl2mWBFe90&feature=related
What happened to the guy that cleated him in the face?
he's probably serving a life sentence :shock:

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Jockey constantly dont go for the tackle unless i know it really is the right time or im close to the goal.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Juve

I would close him down, hopefully keep up with him lol, keep being a pain the ass and attach myself to him till he gets sick of me and has to move.

Ballack13
Veteran Member

Juve wrote:I would close him down, hopefully keep up with him lol, keep being a pain the ass and attach myself to him till he gets sick of me and has to move.
Like a fetus.. 8)

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

I think jockeying is the best solution because if you lunge a tackle at him then he will just feint one way and blow past you. Or you might have to resort to fouling him if there is no other option. Its better to commit to a smart foul than to let him blow by and possibly score a goal.

Juve

meh gattuso taught him a lesson in the last champs league :D