i need a big favour on curling the ball

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
delone

could som1 draw me a hand made tutoral on paint??

i apologise for this but ive been trying to master curling the ball with the inside of my foot for 2months+ i looked at many guides but they dont explain much, i know how to take free kicks its just the bend (no1 in ma area knows how to bend the ball so i feel kinda lost)

i practiced for 2 hours today and i couldent get it so..

can some1 draw me a ball with the
angle
connection of foot
followthrough

thanks u ppl, i would sooooooooooo appretiate this

PeachIceTeaWizzy
New User

Well at the moment I don't really have time to draw you a picture at the moment but the important thing is to approach the ball at an angle and hit it while bending your body (this comes naturally from approaching it at an angle). Basically with your foot just follow through. Look at Beckham for example he has maybe the most exaggerated follow through and bend in his body and that's why he's able to bend it immensly. Now all you have to do is go and practice,practice,practice!

delone

can u draw me 1 asap?

Agnew
New User

Delone.

Everyone's technique is different. Seeing a guide by one person doesn't mean that you will be able to do it his or her way.

Really, it's all on where you kick the ball. Which you should be able to find logically. *If I am kicking the ball towards the bottom, its going up, if i kick it in the middle, it is going straight. What if i kick it to the side a bit?= It will had spin to it, and hopefully curve*

But remember, spin doesn't mean curve. If you kick the ball to hard, it will just spin through the air and not curve. It takes a certain velocity of the ball to create the high and low pressure eon either sides of the ball making it curve.

You need to take it slow, don't go out and just start wailing on the ball. do light chip's trying to get a spin on it. Once you have figured out where you should plant your supporting foot, where to hit the ball and how to follow through, then and only then can you start kicking harder and for distance. If kicking with your instep is not working, why not try the side of your foot? It's all about experimentation. Beck's didn't get good by mimicking someone else's, nor did Roberto Carlos. They found their own technique that worked the best for them.

It takes time. It won't come right away. Once you start getting frustrated the longer it will take. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but really it just takes time and thinking through the problem that you face and working around it(or through it).

It took me ages to learn how to do an inside curve and I am still not 100% on it. It just takes time. I am just learning the outside curve. And it did not come to me in 2 hours. I worked on it for a summer and by the end I was able to do it only about 25% of the time. And I read one guide. Took that information, looked at the ball(literally) and figured out how I was to accomplish this feat.

Watch videos man, watch how people do it and see if that helps. No "magical guide" or "one technique" is going to work for everyone. I'm sure everyone here has a part for their technique from different players, that combined has worked for them.

Now I am ranting, so I'm gona stop myself.
I Hope this helps, I really do, be patient and don't get frustrated.

Agnew

Ballack13
Veteran Member

Here you go The Ultimate Guide

viewtopic.php?p=142727#142727

PeachIceTeaWizzy
New User

I find it easier to hit it with a inside curve then to just drive it with my instep. I always lean to much and create to much spin. Delone like Agnew said there is no ultimate guide. You need to find the technique for you, but just hit it at the side coming in from an angle and you should notice results pretty soon.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

your such a wanker delone
you make so many pointless topics that no one can give you an answer to. like this - no one knows your technique or what the perfect one is

and your pro players 100m one is utter sh*t
you keep posting in it when no one here obviously times these players running over 100m

why do you even need to know :?:

infact please dont even answer i dont need to know

edit. i'll take a picture of my foot up your ass

Agnew
New User

I wanna add something else. You posted Links to "How Becks Curls" or something like that, I mean how much more do you need? Soon you will have a stack as high as the Empire State building in tutorials on how to kick a soccer ball.

linky: viewtopic.php?t=11851

ExpertFootballer

Okay, lets say we have a ball.

Lets say your right footed. You want to curl the ball on the left side, you will kick the ball on the left side to where your aiming and it will curl.

Lets say your right footed (RIGHT FOOTED, NOT LEFT). You want to curl the ball on the RIGHT side, you will kick the ball on the right side to where your aiming and it will curl (you should be good at kicking the ball though, it's doesn't add as much power as the first one, but it has a better and more controlled curl).