High School Soccer

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
ageorge
Veteran Member

High School Soccer

Post by ageorge » 07 Mar 2008, 02:44

I am playing right now in high school season but the fields we play on are the same the football team uses earlier in the year and they destroy our field so its a bumpy surface. I'm assuming most people know what happens to all the players when they play on a crappy surface. Its something we all have to deal with but what is the best way to adjust to this? Practice more on a/ or this bad field by myself or to slow my touch and be more careful when I take my touches, any other advice?

My biggest problem is hitting the ball when I cut it and its a moving ball, because of the bounce.
"I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."<STRIKE>Thierry Henry</STRIKE>

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

Post by karlofootball10 » 07 Mar 2008, 03:31

i feel you man.
at my school, we have only one field, which is used by the JV and Varsity football team to practice on, the JV football team to play on, the band to practice on, JV boys and girls soccer, Varsity boys and girls soccer to play and practice on. its a piece of sh*t, for lack of better words.

you just have to anticipate a bounce, look out for bymps or grass clumps in the field where the ball may take a sudden turn. a bad pitch really takes away from a good team.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 07 Mar 2008, 03:34

Same here, the football team destroys our field, and by the end of the season there is so much mud that when the keepers punt it the ball just sticks into the ground. I'd say just practice as much as you can on the field to get use to it, then you'll at least have a slight advantage over the teams you play there.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Post by ForzaMilan » 07 Mar 2008, 03:37

The football team has their own practice field, but our grass field is still a piece of sh*t...

We play the majority of our games on the turf field in the football stadium though.

ageorge
Veteran Member

Post by ageorge » 07 Mar 2008, 03:43

karlofootball10 wrote: you just have to anticipate a bounce, look out for bymps or grass clumps in the field where the ball may take a sudden turn. a bad pitch really takes away from a good team.
I know my high school team played on a turf field for this tournament and the level of play is just on another level, just because of the field.
"I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."<STRIKE>Thierry Henry</STRIKE>