How To Hit It Like Ronaldo Cr7

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
HG9
New User

Post by HG9 » 25 May 2008, 17:24

when i try and lock my stronger foot my foot isnt straight and my toes point in.this leads to me putting spin on the ball and dragging my shot a bit

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 26 May 2008, 01:56

I end up doing it around once every 10 times, and it's weird because i can only do it in my indoors OUTDOORS, not my cleats OUTDOORS. I guess I had a little more confidence when I wanted to show my friends than when I was practicing.

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 26 May 2008, 10:43

Kakasgotskillz wrote:I end up doing it around once every 10 times, and it's weird because i can only do it in my indoors OUTDOORS, not my cleats OUTDOORS. I guess I had a little more confidence when I wanted to show my friends than when I was practicing.
I tend to hit the ball alot better with my indoor shoes outdoors as well!! I just wish I could wear my indoor shoes during football matches!! Well I guess I could, but meh, hehe. I just tend to get alot more of the ball on my shots with my indoor cleats as they just seem to fit well to my feet, my football boots are always a bit long/wide/narrow/thick etc.

Shifty_FSU
Veteran Member

Post by Shifty_FSU » 26 May 2008, 11:23

Same here, just keep practicing in your 'outdoors'.
Fight for the name on the front, n they'll remember the name on the back.

http://pitch.co/entry/46412
^Vote please? :)

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 26 May 2008, 11:30

Shifty_FSU wrote:Same here, just keep practicing in your 'outdoors'.
Cheers Shifty, 3 weeks to go 'till I can start practising again, can't wait!! Then I'll get my Jets & Arsenal contracts & all..heh. How's your pro footballing life going? :)

Shifty_FSU
Veteran Member

Post by Shifty_FSU » 26 May 2008, 11:51

Alright thanks, Ive got trials for Liverpool Girls u16 in june but am 14 so its gunna be tuff!

Good luck mate! :wink:
Fight for the name on the front, n they'll remember the name on the back.

http://pitch.co/entry/46412
^Vote please? :)

TorresEsque
Sophomore Member

Post by TorresEsque » 02 Jun 2008, 18:48

I really think the only necessary steps to hitting it like Cr7 are to lean back, eyes on the ball and smacking the ball on the valve. Ive attempted freekicks like that and using those three steps, the ball produces at the very least no spin and swerves everywhere. I think its the follow through that makes it dip.

Ill get a video up of me kicking like this in a few days.

bsc
Veteran Member

Post by bsc » 05 Jun 2008, 01:08

I was disappointed when i clicked this and realized it wasn't about a video link to someone hitting Ronaldo :oops:
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

oscarjackson

Post by oscarjackson » 01 Jul 2008, 03:44

everyones got different styles of taking free kicks so not all of us will be able to shoot exactly like ronaldo succesfully. we can copy it but i think that our natural way of taking free kicks is always going to be more consistent and we'd be better off developing that instead of ronaldo's style.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 24 Oct 2008, 18:30

right i have worked it out

its offical i have the technique mastered
(now its just down to match application)

step 1 (will take 4-5 months)
-learn to flawlessly hit the ball with no spin (it doesn't need dip)
preferably a hard straight drive
go through all the motions of hitting a decent instep drive
and perfect YOUR way of striking a instep drive (eg. ronaldo hits it near his toes, i'm the same, but some people would be higher up the foot, whatever is natural)

once you can hit the ball with no spin every time flawlessly, your ready for the next step

the bottom line the best technique to learn is 'your' technique
and really try hard, cause you will not be able to hit the ball well at all to start with

step 2 (will take 2-3 months)
now that the hard part is out of the way you can manipulate the ball

so when taking a dipping shot, stop your follow through, and strike just below the centre line
this will be easier then learning to swerve the ball left or right
but with consistent practice you will improve

you know when its right (firstly you will feel the ball like 'hug' your foot as you kick it)
and the ball will be still in the air and then suddenly (according to the spin you apply) it will revolve a few times and change to that direction

when you can get the ball to consistently curl the way you want your ready

step 3 (1-2 month)

now its in the accuracy part

its easy to get the ball to knuckle, its hard to get it to knuckle just as it passes the ball, and hit the side netting (or as close to it possible)

this all about judgement and practice, you will also have to try applying your technique to matches, you won't aslways be succesful but its part of learning

in general you wanna get the ball to hit its peak as it reaches the wall and then make it knuckle from that point on

soon you will be putting a fair few of them on target, and scoring the odd one

step 4 (for the rest of your career)

basically this is maitinence

you would be much better off to aim for 10 perfectly struck kicks per day, then 70 every sunday

but if you do miss a day add your reps to the next session
the best time to practice is before a hard training

i'm near the end of step 2

who here thinks i'm right? :wink:
cause feed back would be sweet

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 08 Nov 2008, 23:11

Sorry newborn, but you'r not correct.

Its much more simple than that, just hit the ball and put dip on it by putting topspin by brushing/thumping up the back of the ball. Ronaldo's freekick had unbelievable dip on it and that had topspin...

I can hit my freekicks like this quite alot.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 08 Nov 2008, 23:27

Me wrote:so when taking a dipping shot, stop your follow through, and strike just below the centre line
this will be easier then learning to swerve the ball left or right
but with consistent practice you will improve

you know when its right (firstly you will feel the ball like 'hug' your foot as you kick it)
and the ball will be still in the air and then suddenly (according to the spin you apply) it will revolve a few times and change to that direction
exactly what that means mate, just you have simpler worded it

cdcr7skills

Post by cdcr7skills » 16 Apr 2009, 15:05

hey =)

i figured out how to get the dip^^

i hit it very high on my foot and i don't follow through straight... bending your knee is the most important thing...
but for some people it just works with straight follow through (which is kinda hard for me)

look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1GTso6NNqk

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 16 Apr 2009, 16:46

Some of them don't have the true dip that Ronaldo gets, but I must say 0.35 and 0.40 were hit nearly perfectly

cdcr7skills

Post by cdcr7skills » 17 Apr 2009, 21:07

Thank you =)
I really appreciate all feedback!
Yeah, the problem is that I know how it works, but I don't hit it well everytime... I'm still working on my technique... ;)

Btw: 0.40 was Ronaldo, not me^^