How To Hit It Like Ronaldo Cr7

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

How To Hit It Like Ronaldo Cr7

Post by klc123 » 21 Feb 2008, 20:57

Theres alot of discussion going on about how he takes his freekicks, and how he gets so much dip on such a powerful hit, in the following paragraphs ill explain to you how its done and you will hopefully make sense of it.

First of all, amagine the ball is like the earth which has a crust layer on the outside and in the very middle a core like a much smaller ball.

Now once youve done that think, to get the ball up in the air you hit it from underneath dont you? Yes you do. And to hit it very quickly and hard you hit it from underneath but very quickly for power, this leaves the dilaema on freekicks of how to get enough power so it doesnt go over and that its powerful enough to go in, or of course you could hit it as hard as you can and put dip on it.

Go back to thinking the ball has a inner core, now imagine you strike the ball with your lace from underneath the ball very powerfully but at a angle so that it hits the underneath of the ball but goes above the core.


Image

Image

As you can see from the picture, you are still hitting the ball from underneath but using your standing leg further back and hitting the ball slightly at a acuter angle you can hit it from underneath and get it going above the core, with obviously makes topspin and thus dip, if you hit one of these properly it doesnt matter how hard you hit it, it will always dip on target even with the tallest of walls.

As for body movements, its like any other shot this is a example for right footed shot, reverse for left.
First when you plant your left standing foot it is slightly behind the ball and depending on the size of your hips a few inches to the left of the ball. Now your body should be facing to the right as your kicking leg is fully pulled back. Now in one fluent motion swing your leg forward, your knee straight and your body to the left as fast and fluent as you can, you will get a really hard shot, the later you straighten your knee in the leg swing means the higher and more dip depending if you hit the ball the way i told you to earlyer whereas swinging later will get less dip as you hit the ball more center on.

i hope this has helped.

ps. i used two image shack links incase one didnt work.
Last edited by klc123 on 22 Feb 2008, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 20:15

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 21 Feb 2008, 23:27

I'm looking more for his upper body movement, the twist of his body right when he hits the ball. How is it done properly?

steve-0
Veteran Member
Posts: 931
Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 22:18
Location: Virginia

Post by steve-0 » 22 Feb 2008, 02:27

everyone has they're own shootin technique. what's good about ronaldo is the amount he leans over the ball when he strikes it. keeps it low and hard. no homo.
Image

joe07
Senior Member
Posts: 122
Joined: 29 Aug 2007, 14:33

Post by joe07 » 01 Mar 2008, 11:57


Rulezzz
Veteran Member
Posts: 1754
Joined: 22 Dec 2006, 13:36
Location: Surrey, England , UK

Post by Rulezzz » 01 Mar 2008, 13:33

If im being perfectly honest my freekick style is quite similiar to Ronaldo's, i just really lean back a bit and hit very hard, but hit in a kind of scoopy way so it dips a bit, its hard to explain.
Image
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 20:15

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 03 Mar 2008, 03:27

My friend (who has an abnormally powerful kick) has been experimenting balls with me (going with the theory article). Seems that it is true that some balls will not knuckle and stay aerodynamic as well as others. The most notable and visible knuckle came from the T90 Aerow (the first one, I don't have the second one), and then the Teamgeist ball (it isn't the world cup one, cuz its colour scheme is orange black and white and its more cushioned and heavier than the regular one).

My theory is that if you watch Ronaldo, his first step decides in which general direction he's going to put it. As he is standing with feet wide, his first step sometimes is forward, and sometimes is sideways (so that one foot just ahead of the other but inline) or across the body (crossed legs). I tried instep drives using these three different approaches and found that each threw the ball in a different direction. The direct approach went right to the middle, the sideways moved more to the right, and the across the body more to the left. But this is just theory I guess, I need more proof.

Ballack13
Veteran Member
Posts: 1554
Joined: 31 Mar 2007, 03:10
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Post by Ballack13 » 03 Mar 2008, 05:09

Last week I was at the park with a couple friends, and we were taking free kicks from around 25 yards out. A couple days before this another freind was telling me how to dip the ball, he said that you have to follow through completely with a tightly locked ankle and youve got to hit the ball dead center after your shot, so i decided to try it out and it really worked, you've got to hit the ball dead center, anything different will not work, and follow through completley, with a tightly locked ankle, and try to run straight onto the ball, it makes it easier

So basically for a good dip you need:
1. Tightly Locked Ankle
2. Straight Run
3. Hit the ball dead center
4. Follow Through Completely

Try this out and tell me if it works, because so far its been working for me.
Image
Only real footballers could fight like this.

Alexio1092
Veteran Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 14 Oct 2007, 13:22

Post by Alexio1092 » 03 Mar 2008, 06:35

Ballack13 wrote:Last week I was at the park with a couple friends, and we were taking free kicks from around 25 yards out. A couple days before this another freind was telling me how to dip the ball, he said that you have to follow through completely with a tightly locked ankle and youve got to hit the ball dead center after your shot, so i decided to try it out and it really worked, you've got to hit the ball dead center, anything different will not work, and follow through completley, with a tightly locked ankle, and try to run straight onto the ball, it makes it easier

So basically for a good dip you need:
1. Tightly Locked Ankle
2. Straight Run
3. Hit the ball dead center
4. Follow Through Completely

Try this out and tell me if it works, because so far its been working for me.
When you're saying that I should lock my ankle are you referring to me straightening/flexing it mate? Bit hard to describe it over words.

keller8
Veteran Member
Posts: 1716
Joined: 07 Aug 2007, 02:51

Post by keller8 » 03 Mar 2008, 07:03

Try this mate. Curl your toes down, so your foot is flat. You'll find it is extremely hard to move your ankle from side-to-side without moving your toes. Now go through the kicking motion. Your now in no danger of bashing your toes into the ground. Its called Locking The Ankle. Its the technique that Juninho constantly uses to hit the ball smack-bang on his instep. Hope I helped.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Alexio1092
Veteran Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 14 Oct 2007, 13:22

Post by Alexio1092 » 03 Mar 2008, 08:06

keller8 wrote:Try this mate. Curl your toes down, so your foot is flat. You'll find it is extremely hard to move your ankle from side-to-side without moving your toes. Now go through the kicking motion. Your now in no danger of bashing your toes into the ground. Its called Locking The Ankle. Its the technique that Juninho constantly uses to hit the ball smack-bang on his instep. Hope I helped.
That's fantastic mate, any other situations like long-passing where I should be locking my ankle? I've just got to practice incorporating locking my ankle into my run-up now, should I only lock it on the final leap as I make contact with the ball? Sounds silly but yeah, just trying to incorporate locking my ankle into my shooting routines now mate...should it work for crossing and long-passing too? I've never locked my ankle usually on shots/crosses etc...

keller8
Veteran Member
Posts: 1716
Joined: 07 Aug 2007, 02:51

Post by keller8 » 03 Mar 2008, 08:55

Alexio1092 wrote:
keller8 wrote:Try this mate. Curl your toes down, so your foot is flat. You'll find it is extremely hard to move your ankle from side-to-side without moving your toes. Now go through the kicking motion. Your now in no danger of bashing your toes into the ground. Its called Locking The Ankle. Its the technique that Juninho constantly uses to hit the ball smack-bang on his instep. Hope I helped.
That's fantastic mate, any other situations like long-passing where I should be locking my ankle? I've just got to practice incorporating locking my ankle into my run-up now, should I only lock it on the final leap as I make contact with the ball? Sounds silly but yeah, just trying to incorporate locking my ankle into my shooting routines now mate...should it work for crossing and long-passing too? I've never locked my ankle usually on shots/crosses etc...
Yeah mate, lock your foot on the leap at the end. Long passing, perhaps, depending on how much space and your situation. But always on a freekick, or in a situation where you need to use the instep and have significant time and space, lock your ankle. Usually though with crossing, you'll be crossing on the run & on the wing, so its probably better to use the inside of your foot for that situation. Depend on everything, where you are, space, time, players. Everything contributes to what you need to do. Use each technique when you need to use it.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 20:15

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 03 Mar 2008, 22:32

Alexio1092 wrote:
That's fantastic mate, any other situations like long-passing where I should be locking my ankle? I've just got to practice incorporating locking my ankle into my run-up now, should I only lock it on the final leap as I make contact with the ball? Sounds silly but yeah, just trying to incorporate locking my ankle into my shooting routines now mate...should it work for crossing and long-passing too? I've never locked my ankle usually on shots/crosses etc...
Lanky ankles or "soft feet" isn't good for passing or shooting because it lowers your power and consistency and forces you to use more energy and force to push the ball farther (think of holding a piece of paper in the air and trying to break it by dropping a tiny pebble as opposed to a boulder. You'd have to actually whip the pebble at the piece of paper to rip it but with the large rock you could just drop it)

Ballack13
Veteran Member
Posts: 1554
Joined: 31 Mar 2007, 03:10
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Post by Ballack13 » 03 Mar 2008, 23:33

Alexio1092 wrote:
Ballack13 wrote:Last week I was at the park with a couple friends, and we were taking free kicks from around 25 yards out. A couple days before this another freind was telling me how to dip the ball, he said that you have to follow through completely with a tightly locked ankle and youve got to hit the ball dead center after your shot, so i decided to try it out and it really worked, you've got to hit the ball dead center, anything different will not work, and follow through completley, with a tightly locked ankle, and try to run straight onto the ball, it makes it easier

So basically for a good dip you need:
1. Tightly Locked Ankle
2. Straight Run
3. Hit the ball dead center
4. Follow Through Completely

Try this out and tell me if it works, because so far its been working for me.
When you're saying that I should lock my ankle are you referring to me straightening/flexing it mate? Bit hard to describe it over words.

Yeah keller basically summed it all up so its easier to understand, just make it as stiff as you can, if its loose the kick will be complete crap.
Image
Only real footballers could fight like this.

Wanderer
Veteran Member
Posts: 1084
Joined: 22 Mar 2007, 01:42

Post by Wanderer » 04 Mar 2008, 10:40

I usually follow tru as high as possible so that the ball has topspin which wud make it dip.

Ballack13
Veteran Member
Posts: 1554
Joined: 31 Mar 2007, 03:10
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Post by Ballack13 » 05 Mar 2008, 00:11

I did this at soccer yesterday, like i mentioned in another topic, and it worked, i scored from about 25 yards out, and the goalie just stood standing still, haha, it was amazing, best goal of my season by far. I did everything i mentioned in my first post.


And you need alot of practice with this to get it just right, so keep practicing and you'll become really good at it.
Image
Only real footballers could fight like this.

Post Reply