drive passing

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
soccer

ok so we play on the carpet turf for our soccer high school games. and i've been wondering on how to do a drive pass. yes i know how to do a long ball and short passes. just wanna add another passing method to my arensal. i know since we play on the turf, the ball moves faster. i know the pass is like an instep drive shot but it stays on the ground. how do i keep it on the ground??

thanks

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Your plant foot should plant a bit infront of the ball and have it bent and hit the ball like you would a instep drive. Upon impact lean forward slightly and for a quick strike do not follow through completely, but for a laser pass your gonna have to follow through with an exaggeration to get more momentum into it. Basically just keep your chest over the ball and smack it with your laces in the direction you want it to go, i've experienced that if you do not follow through and kind of drive slap it, it will knuckle and barely come off the ground and get their really fast, but its hard to control, i know, sounds crazy lol.

soccer

ok thanks:)