Routine to Get used to Boots, major problem I'm experiencing

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
f5combo
New User

Routine to Get used to Boots, major problem I'm experiencing

Post by f5combo » 30 Dec 2007, 04:55

Hi guys, i can play well, dribble smoothly and quick plus shoot hard and fast when i'm barefoot, but when i wear boots on field, i am often feeling off balance, my dribble becomes slow and my shoot cannot connect well with my feet and become slower and weak. So this is a major problem for me.

I have been playing on barefoot too much. Also i am quite off the pace in matches due to long layoff. My movement is slow and i cope quite poorely with the pressure of defenders in terms of space and time. I know if i play barefoot, i can play much better in terms of shooting and dribbling and movement, i need to fix this problem because there is no way i can play barefoot in real matches.

Lastly, i want advice on practice with field boots on. The wall where i practice at, the floor is made of cement and not grass. So i should wear Street soccer boots?

What kind of routine should i do to fix the above problems? Pls Advice. Thank you.

Middleman13
Veteran Member

Post by Middleman13 » 30 Dec 2007, 05:20

Find some grass and just wear your boots and ploay more in them or start practiing in shoes
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you will die today.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 31 Dec 2007, 15:12

Wear them around the house. Here's a simple but probably effective plan:

First 2 Days: Walk around and just sit around with the shoes on. Lightly push on the leather/material on your cleat every now and then to soften the material.
3th-5th Day: Just jog around an enclosed area in your house. Start walking around on your toes.
5th-7th Day: Get a small ball, slowly dribble around the house. If there's uncomfortable part to the dribbling, or you just don't "feel" the ball through the cleat, revert back to step two.
8th-10th Day: Go outside, on the grass, just lightly pass around with both feet. Try to pass with different parts of it.
11th-Whenever Day: Go to a wall, just drive at it. Do some curlers, some drives, volleys, lofted balls, w/e.

If there's any problems between the 3rd step to the 5th step, revert back to the second step. Don't forget to clean your cleats if that happens :)

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 05 Jan 2008, 11:50

yeah thats a good regime. nice one kakasgotskills.

theres also boots you can buy (like kakas new adipures or the nike air legends)that are supposed to sort of adapt 2 your feet and increase your feel for the ball if that helps :D good luck

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 05 Jan 2008, 15:50

Depending on your boots, some brands even recommend or endorse you have a lukewarm bath with them on, to loosen them to the liking of your feet.

I can relate to your problems as well, not because I'm an accomplished barefoot player, but because I practiced ll winter in barefoot or socks. kakasgotskills' tips will also help you.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 26 Jan 2008, 23:47

exactsame problem here, as well as with turf beacause I play all the time bare foot, then with turfs and almost never in cleats.... is it a problem I only hav o is it because just get used to playing barefoot/in turfs.... will buying diferent cleats and experimenting help me, or doyou guys tink that with kakagotskillz advice ill be fine???...... btwww great post kaka souds very logical eenthoug i havent tried it ..... :D

PS sorry if my questions are stupid,

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 Jan 2008, 01:49

if im going to practice in other suraces besides grass with other shoes besides cleats, of course i improve and bigtme, but when i return to the field with my cleats i dont feel the improvement... is just getting use to the field/cleats again going to do the job???? merci voku gentlemen

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 31 Jan 2008, 00:49

nnnnnnybodddty?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 31 Jan 2008, 01:19

It's merci beaucoup, by the way. You just have to get comfortable with your boots man, simple as that. They aren't the ones that are stopping you from being a good player. You just have to play in them enough to get used to them. The skills aren't determined by your boots. Just get used to them with practice.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Post by ForzaMilan » 31 Jan 2008, 03:04

Holy sh*t zinski! TRIPLE post! :shock:

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 31 Jan 2008, 05:41

ForzaMilan wrote:Holy sh*t zinski! TRIPLE post! :shock:
Gone now, my bad. The site was under maintenance and I was trying to get it work.

P.S. It's funny how you're the only one who doesn't nickname me "rzad", but uses the last part of my name instead. :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Post by BGbeast23 » 01 Feb 2008, 23:53

Kakasgotskillz wrote:Wear them around the house. Here's a simple but probably effective plan:

First 2 Days: Walk around and just sit around with the shoes on. Lightly push on the leather/material on your cleat every now and then to soften the material.
3th-5th Day: Just jog around an enclosed area in your house. Start walking around on your toes.
5th-7th Day: Get a small ball, slowly dribble around the house. If there's uncomfortable part to the dribbling, or you just don't "feel" the ball through the cleat, revert back to step two.
8th-10th Day: Go outside, on the grass, just lightly pass around with both feet. Try to pass with different parts of it.
11th-Whenever Day: Go to a wall, just drive at it. Do some curlers, some drives, volleys, lofted balls, w/e.

If there's any problems between the 3rd step to the 5th step, revert back to the second step. Don't forget to clean your cleats if that happens :)

When using this process, would it be o.k. to walk on tile and/or hardwood floors during the first 7 days? Or will it wear down the studs too much?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 Feb 2008, 00:36

MAN i know im making a big problem out of a small one.... but according to you guys everybody anybody logically oboiusly should be able to train in turfs shoes, in a hard surface or turf grass and improve(or not depending on how you train) and when season starts you just get used to your cleats again and bam, your playing like in your turfs pretty much!???

blessings man and my bad for all the abuse

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 Feb 2008, 00:39

When using this process, would it be o.k. to walk on tile and/or hardwood floors during the first 7 days? Or will it wear down the studs too much
about this i do know, if your just going to walk with your cleats on a different surface they wont wear down, if your going to run and make direction changes on a hard surface or some jumps they will slowly wear down..... i know the question wasnt for me but this is what i have experienced over the years..

f5combo
New User

Post by f5combo » 03 Feb 2008, 14:50

panchester07 wrote:
When using this process, would it be o.k. to walk on tile and/or hardwood floors during the first 7 days? Or will it wear down the studs too much
about this i do know, if your just going to walk with your cleats on a different surface they wont wear down, if your going to run and make direction changes on a hard surface or some jumps they will slowly wear down..... i know the question wasnt for me but this is what i have experienced over the years..
Thanks for answering that because i was wondering the same.