The Famous C.Ronaldo's 'behind my leg with my other foot'

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
klc123
Veteran Member

The Famous C.Ronaldo's 'behind my leg with my other foot'

Post by klc123 » 07 Dec 2007, 20:57

If you've watched any clip of cristiano Ronaldo, then you will know what im talking about. The move in which he used one foot to hit it behind his other foot and runs onto it.

This seems like a pretty pointless move and may seem that ronaldo only beats players using it because he is strong, emensely fast and can elaborate into a chain of step overs and lunges but really it is a great move for changing dirrection.

Im going to tell you how good you can be if you put it in with your dribbling skills.

Ok the reason it is great is because you instantly and without any warning change direction extremely tightly and if you had a defender shadowing ahead of you using this just after a lunge and completely floor him. But it can be used at all levels of football, i play football with my mates and im 15 and i play down to earth football if you get what i mean, we are good quality but we arent any thing like these pros you hear about on these forums who can do 1000 kickups, we are just your avg. joe lads.

The great thing is it can be used in any situation, you can use it to provent and good defender from getting near the ball which is a key ingredient to dribbling which many people over look or dont follow practise, and say your in a tight 1v1 with a good defender whos shadowing you, doing this instantly has you running with the ball and if you angle it you can have yourself being from closed down to running past him with yourself between him and the ball, which is a very good postion to be in indeed.

Now that you understand the uses for it, i will now enlighten you on how to perform it.

With all dribbling and football skills i learn i do one thing first, i watch professionals who have mastered it on youtube, if you didnt know one of the best ways to become a better footballer and improve faster is to watch players, reason being your brain subconciencely learns things when its watching, its a built in instinct we have from when we were monkeys in which we had to learn how to get food by watching our parents, but moving on, watching it definately helps your improvement rate, im not saying youll be the next ronaldo if you watch him , but with practise and determination you very well could be.

Now the key to doing it is to enthesise it, jump almost and seperate both your legs away from the ball as though your going to land doing the splits then chop both your legs back inwards and put one of the legs behind the other, this is the one you will hit the ball with, you will knectic with the ball with any where from the inside of your foot to side of your heel, what ever feels best for you.

Now if you are going to practise or use this move its important to strech properly, this is a emensely easy skill to pull a muscel doing especially in the hip/waist region.

Now stop reading and get out there and practise!!!

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 07 Dec 2007, 21:05

its called a rabona, and was not invented by Cristiano Ronaldo, it has been used since before he was even born, and it can be helpful at times, but overall somewhat pointless.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 07 Dec 2007, 21:54

at no point in the thread does it say ronaldo invented it... and no point does it say he was born near when it was invented and at no point does it say i want little spammers like you commenting on my forum, if you think its useless you need to get and practise itand maybe then you can see how good it is, then again your probally like alot of other people on these forums who sits thinking they are becoming a better footballer by reading and talking about it, you have to accually touch the ball to get better you know.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 07 Dec 2007, 21:58

klc123 wrote:at no point in the thread does it say ronaldo invented it... and no point does it say he was born near when it was invented and at no point does it say i want little spammers like you commenting on my forum, if you think its useless you need to get and practise itand maybe then you can see how good it is, then again your probally like alot of other people on these forums who sits thinking they are becoming a better footballer by reading and talking about it, you have to accually touch the ball to get better you know.
why are you getting so angry, and its definetely not your FORUM you might have created this topic, and you called it "The Famous C. Ronaldo's 'behind my leg with the other foot, so it was hinted that you thought he made it.. how am i spamming anyway, if you're gonna try to sound tough then atleast back it up, or shut up
Last edited by Davidson9 on 07 Dec 2007, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

Post by fr33k1ck » 07 Dec 2007, 21:59

klc123 wrote:at no point in the thread does it say ronaldo invented it... and no point does it say he was born near when it was invented and at no point does it say i want little spammers like you commenting on my forum, if you think its useless you need to get and practise itand maybe then you can see how good it is, then again your probally like alot of other people on these forums who sits thinking they are becoming a better footballer by reading and talking about it, you have to accually touch the ball to get better you know.
PWNED!

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 07 Dec 2007, 22:00

and how can you assume that i think i am getting better by reading and posting on the computer, you don't have ANY idea what i do, so why would you say that?

elaborate...please

and your explanation made it seem harder than it is
Last edited by Davidson9 on 07 Dec 2007, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 07 Dec 2007, 22:04

you do realise you've just successfully explained this trick as complicated as you possibly could :shock:

it isnt hard. most people can watch it then immediatly do it. its not difficult but i do think it can be effective if you are facing the right angle to a defender

the most important part of this move is the push off/change of direction from your standing foot (depending which way you do it) afer youve done the 'trick'

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Post by ForzaMilan » 07 Dec 2007, 22:41

I don't think hes talking about the rabona. I think he's talking about when he hits it behind his back with the inside of his foot to cut it back. It's the move he does alot.

And to the creator of this post, why are you saying when Ronaldo does it is inneffective but when we do it, it can be very usefull.

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 07 Dec 2007, 23:09

Its not the Rabona, its called the Ronaldo Chop. No C Ronaldo didn't invent it. He even admitted he didn't, but saw a friend from Portugal do it and copied him, but it is called the Ronaldo Chop because Ronaldo uses it all the time.

This better be it, otherwise I made a complete idiot of myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2jDyAh4f6o

This it?
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 07 Dec 2007, 23:24

oh well then his guide was still really difficult to understand, and it was used by John Cruijff before it was used by Ronaldo's friend...

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 07 Dec 2007, 23:34

not exactly, cruijff's turn is a different move. The Ronaldo chop is basically a complicated way of doing a side step, cruijff turn is fake kick, turn around.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 07 Dec 2007, 23:37

i know, i wasn't talking about the cruyff turn, he also used the chop quite alot

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 07 Dec 2007, 23:45

really?! Goddamn. My bad man.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 07 Dec 2007, 23:47

im sorry dude but it aint a rabona

unknown

Post by unknown » 08 Dec 2007, 01:27

yea its def not the rabona which is a kicking type move. also wondering how u know cruyff used this move, have u seen him use it or have u seen it in a vid cause if its a vid can u hook me up with a link plz

edit* here is a nice video explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2jDyAh4f6o