few questions :D

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Wawa
New User

hmm heyy everyone i have some questions
and yeaa i've searched/read alot in these forums but i still have them :D

1. Everyone says kick with your instep but it's weird its been months almost a year and I still cannot do it. I've followed the guidelines/techniques and been trying to learn alot but... :cry: Maybe its because im really flat footed? Any thoughts?

2. hmm im 5'3 15 years old (yeaa short) and stepovers, some lunges, and other simple things are my weapons. but for some reason my stepovers doesnt work, plus the ball only rolls for a couple of feet then yea it messes it all up. is it because my legs are to short to do the fake? :oops:

by the way i play as midfield and i always kick with the "top of my laces" (not a toe kick - but like on top of toes/boots) :P but i always get scared of kicking really long passes because theres been alot of times that it goes off somewhere else :x

thanks guys sry for the lengthy post! ive just been really excited! :D

redrover365
Veteran Member

Wawa wrote:hmm heyy everyone i have some questions
and yeaa i've searched/read alot in these forums but i still have them :D

1. Everyone says kick with your instep but it's weird its been months almost a year and I still cannot do it. I've followed the guidelines/techniques and been trying to learn alot but... :cry: Maybe its because im really flat footed? Any thoughts?

2. hmm im 5'3 15 years old (yeaa short) and stepovers, some lunges, and other simple things are my weapons. but for some reason my stepovers doesnt work, plus the ball only rolls for a couple of feet then yea it messes it all up. is it because my legs are to short to do the fake? :oops:

by the way i play as midfield and i always kick with the "top of my laces" (not a toe kick - but like on top of toes/boots) :P but i always get scared of kicking really long passes because theres been alot of times that it goes off somewhere else :x

thanks guys sry for the lengthy post! ive just been really excited! :D
Hello Wawa and welcome to the forums. No your not to short to do the trick you just havent practiced enough and when you kick and long pass it probably goes off in the wrong direction because even though your not toeing it, it may be hitting your shin guards instead of your foot. All i can say for your kicking problem is practice makes perfect, talk to your trainer/coach about your problem im sure he has the advice your looking for.

If you believe IWGP's dog should not die of leukemia, then show him your support!

keller8
Veteran Member

Hey dude, and welcome to the forums!

Check this picture. It should help you to find the location of the instep.
For me my instep is between D and G. Some people use different techniques to kick different ways, so find whats best for you.

as to your stepovers I have no idea as to why they don't work. I think it may be because you aren't used to them yet. I don't think that its because of your leg length. Just watch some videos slowed down and see how C Ronaldo, Robinho, or Ronaldinho do stepovers and copy their technique. Keep Trying!

Peace out.

(C) All pictures belong to their respective owners and all that other crap which I can't be screwed to write.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

The instep is pretty much A on that diagram.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

rzadzinski wrote:The instep is pretty much A on that diagram.
Yep, if you live in handstand land that is :P

redrover365
Veteran Member

iwannagopro wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:The instep is pretty much A on that diagram.
Yep, if you live in handstand land that is :P
lol, the instep is G

If you believe IWGP's dog should not die of leukemia, then show him your support!

keller8
Veteran Member

Wait on bro, my instep is located between D and G. If I hit it with G even with the proper technique, it works well, but not as strong or as accurate as when I hit it between D and G.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Wawa
New User

:D
thanks guys for the info

yeaa i actually went outside and practiced some shots and the results are way better than before - on average 4-6/10 shots were pretty accurate and had pretty good power. and i know for sure that i hit the good ones with my instep bottom part of "G"

i did see one consistency in one of my problems which is i sometimes hit near the D part of the foot (diagram) and the ball just stays on the ground going to left/right with lots of spin and hardly goes any distance :P

ahh okay the stepovers one thing i notice is when i stepover the ball my foot is pretty high up from the ball and my foot/ankle "stiffens" and i hardly have circle over the ball and it looks like im jumping ... any tips?

again i thought it was short legs but im going to keep practicing and see how it goes. :D

unknown

it sounds like ure problem with spot "d" is that u r slicing the ball. try coming at the ball at a smaller angle. for step overs just keep ure feet low and drag/push ure feet around the ball rather than actually stepping over.

keller8
Veteran Member

Great! You're improving! Excellent!

Your stepovers don't actually go over the top of the ball. They go around and in front. Like I said before, watch some slowed down videos. Peace out.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

keller8 wrote:Great! You're improving! Excellent!

Your stepovers don't actually go over the top of the ball. They go around and in front. Like I said before, watch some slowed down videos. Peace out.
ya tru, its kinda wierd that they are called stepovers, when you step beside the ball

ageorge
Veteran Member

Just hitting the ball with the instep isnt enough to make it powerful and accurate, make sure you are bringing your leg back on your swing for the knee snap and DO NOT SWING TOO HARD, let it be a flow and you will get more power than you will ever get from swinging your leg as hard as you can.
"I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."<STRIKE>Thierry Henry</STRIKE>

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

The instep is just left of A, the big toe is between D and G. Trust me, I was kicking in that D/G spot before, my shots weren't even as close to being as strong as they are now. However Beckham takes freekicks with the D/G spot and that can definitely still work for me for certain situations.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Wawa
New User

:D
Update I followed what "unknown" said about the angle! Yea I tihnk that was my problem because back then I use to kick 45* behind the ball but now its alot tigher and its working!

About the stepover, I see, without any boots Ican do them pretty well although pretty slow but with boots thats where the problem of I guess a really small "circle" that my foot makes when im actually doing the stepover and it sometimes causes me to hi the ball.

But thanks guys I pretty much solved my prob.! :)

redrover365
Veteran Member

Wawa wrote::D
Update I followed what "unknown" said about the angle! Yea I tihnk that was my problem because back then I use to kick 45* behind the ball but now its alot tigher and its working!

About the stepover, I see, without any boots Ican do them pretty well although pretty slow but with boots thats where the problem of I guess a really small "circle" that my foot makes when im actually doing the stepover and it sometimes causes me to hi the ball.

But thanks guys I pretty much solved my prob.! :)
no problem! were glad we could help