Ball control on bumpy(uneven) ground.

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
14gek

Ball control on bumpy(uneven) ground.

Post by 14gek » 06 Nov 2007, 05:13

I play on a very uneven pitch. Its got bumps almost everywhere and its pretty hard for me to control the ball. :? When my mate passes the ball to me and I put my foot to control it, it will just bounce away from me(if you get what I mean.) Does anyone have any advice on how I can improve control on these pitches? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

Post by flyhigh19 » 06 Nov 2007, 05:36

There's bascially nothing you can do, none of it is your fault. I would say maybe be more aware and adapt to the conditions? If the pitches are that bumpy, you shouldn't be playing on them, there would be a pretty high risk of injury.

14gek

Post by 14gek » 06 Nov 2007, 11:24

sigh... well... all of the pitches are crappy in my country. :cry: And they wonder why they suck at football. anyways.. I'm trying my best to try to adapt to it. and geesh.. is it killing my feet :?

zidaneism

Post by zidaneism » 06 Nov 2007, 21:30

dude in my backyard where i play most of my soccer there literally is no even ground and im not exaggerating. i must say that playing on such a crappy srry excuse for anything soccer it has helped me amazingly. juggle butt loads and when the ball is comin to u try and judge where it is goin and if u should go to in case of bad terrain. if u are able to get ure touches good on the crappy field when u play on a good one trust me u should see a big improvement, kicking wont get better but touches will

unknown

Post by unknown » 06 Nov 2007, 22:06

i agree with the poster above me. playing on a bad field really does help a 2 some extent. the only thing i can add is to train your reaction time so that when the ball bounces oddly u can react quickly to it.[/quote]

Buddy08

Post by Buddy08 » 06 Nov 2007, 23:59

Try to trap the ball when its mid bounce. like when it hits a bump it will pop up, try to trap it in the mid-air or move to trap it before it hits the ground and takes off again. you can't let the just come to you and leisurely trap it you actually kind of have to work to settle the ball. lots of judging where it will land and thinking a head alittle more.

just my .02 hope it helps

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

Post by karlofootball10 » 07 Nov 2007, 03:49

this is a very tricky situation.
my school's pitch has been determined as the worst pitch in the district.
this is not all bad for my team. practicing on such a field gives us a great advantage at home games, and away games as well when we get to play on higher quality fields.

the key to this is predicting the direction of the ball. clumps in the ground will throw it any which way, you have to do your best to estimate where this will send the ball.

its a real problem. i know what its like. when you're ready to trap the ball, it bounces over your foot. when you're dribbling, the ball hits a bump and you lose it.

but the practice there really does make a difference when you get to play on quality pitches.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

14gek

Post by 14gek » 07 Nov 2007, 05:27

Hmm.. Alright. Thanks guys. I'm going for training later so I'll make good use of your advices. Thanks a lot you guys!

Edit: My control was a lot better now during training. I've got a friendly match tomorrow so hopefully I wont lose anymore balls. Only problem now is shooting on these conditions. :?

zidaneism

Post by zidaneism » 07 Nov 2007, 23:25

my experience with the crap field personally the way i found best and u should practice this before u do it in games is im on the balls of my feet when i plant to shoot the ball it helps once u get the technique down right ull be able to control the height depending on how high ure back heel is off the ground, but there really is nothing to do besides finding a rlly good kicking still for u

ageorge
Veteran Member

Post by ageorge » 22 Nov 2007, 15:07

Protect the ball with shielding after your first touch (for the most part) in case it bounces and really focus on where the ball is so you can hit it cleanly.
"I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."<STRIKE>Thierry Henry</STRIKE>

Enok
New User

Post by Enok » 22 Nov 2007, 19:34

I find that it helps if you can control the ball before it has the chance to bounce. Obviously, you need to rely on good passing from your team mates...

I wouldn't get discouraged though. Some of the world's best players have come from Brazil's favela's, where the ground is really uneven and there are no real facilities.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 08 Dec 2007, 14:29

dont wait for the ball to come to your foot is the only thing you can do, go and make it to the ball first, but of course you could do what paul robinson does and it bounces over your foot making you a very very stupid goal keeper lol.

14gek

Post by 14gek » 08 Dec 2007, 14:56

klc123 wrote:dont wait for the ball to come to your foot is the only thing you can do, go and make it to the ball first, but of course you could do what paul robinson does and it bounces over your foot making you a very very stupid goal keeper lol.
Well, good thing I'm not a goal keeper then. Well, sometimes there are times where the only thing you can do is to wait for the ball to come. Like when I wanna do 1-2 passes and all. But I'm good now.

THANKS again to everybody who posted! :D

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 13 Dec 2007, 02:55

i love playing on bad fields...b/c when you go to a nice field, controlling the ball is so much easier. You just need to relax and try to anticipate where the ball is going to bounce...

Why do you think the brazilians have awesome control? b/c they played on rock hard, grassless surfaces...

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 13 Dec 2007, 09:06

jdefoe wrote:i love playing on bad fields...b/c when you go to a nice field, controlling the ball is so much easier. You just need to relax and try to anticipate where the ball is going to bounce...

Why do you think the brazilians have awesome control? b/c they played on rock hard, grassless surfaces...
awesome, because my garden which i do all my dribbling practice, is so uneven! Thats great so im getting really good practice then :)
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.