i juggled the ball 413 times and i am 14.....

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
delone

is that good for my age?

how much should u do at age 15?.

does juggling only improve the control of the instep? :twisted:

zidaneism

its basically helps with the top of the foot and once u get to 500 it rlly doesnt help anymore

mef

I will answer your questions in reverse order because I think that will make the most sense. :wink:
does juggling only improve the control of the instep?
It depends on which part of the foot you are using to juggle with. You would not expect to learn how to do linear algebra by reading a 5th grade textbook would you? :) If you wanted to improve the control of the inside of your foot then you would juggle with the inside of you foot. If you wanted yo improve the control of your head then you would proceed to juggle with your head.

Since we're talking about the benifits of juggling I may as well get into the details:

If you are able to juggle 413 times then you have moved beyond the benefit, however small (I'm not a fan of counting juggling), of counting juggling. So if you wish do a type of juggling that is more beneficial then I reccomend rythm juggling. The concept is exactly as the name implies: juggle in rythms, or patterns, such as instep, instep, head; do this (or any pattern that you've made up) for maybe five minutes and it's as simple as that. If you do these exercises for as long as you did counting juggling each day then you should see much better improvement than you would have see with counting juggling.
how much should u do at age 15?.
By the age of 15 you should be able to do at least 300, but that's only if you actually had that type of goal. The truth is that you don't have to be able to juggle worth squat to be a good player, so you might only be able to do 7 and it wouldn't make that much of a difference. Juggling is a complementary skill and is not as essential as something like shooting or dribbling.

In other words, if you set aside a substantial amount of time to work on juggling and you still can't do 300 by the age of 15, that is not good. :cry: If you didn't work on juggling but instead worked on another skill and you can't do 300 by the age of 15, then that's probably alright. 8)
is that good for my age?
Yes. That is probably above the average player... As long as we're bragging though I could do 311 when I was 11. :twisted:

Anyway, I hope this helped you.

delone

454 i just did

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

There is no such thing as "good for my age". Think about it... if you do go pro, then you'll be playing with people up to 7 or 8 years older than you. It won't matter how good you are for your age. It matters how good you are period. So stop worrying about how you match up to your own age level, and just work on building your skills to those who are older than you, because that's what matters the most.

joe07

fairplay to you mate im nearly 16 and can only do about 25. mind you i never practise them though, id rather practise my dribbling etc

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Hey i got a buddy here. joe07, i'm 15 and i can only do 25. Welcome to the "I can't juggle but it doesn't really matter" club.

erick
Veteran Member

yes thats good i did 550 when i was 12 :arrow:

ballackfan
Veteran Member

I couldn't juggle 10 consistently but, I have add juggling is probably the best stress reliever activity with the ball. :idea:

mikaldinho

im 14 now, my record is 709, but i did that when i was 13 8)

illWill
New User

lm 15 and i have done over 1,000 but it is nothing compared to my neighbor who is 10 and can do over 2,000.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Ok guys, this isn't what this thread is about...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

powell
English Meister

Ok this is kinda pointless ?

What do you mean ? Kicking a ball 413 times wont make you a better footballer it just proves you can kick a ball 413. If a 47 year old kicked it 765 times does that mean hes good for his age ? No, it just means he can kick it 765 times.

What im trying to get at is it doesnt matter weather your 12, 21 or 54 theres no good for your age, its just your either good or your not.

DavidColeS
New User

Yeah, It's more about whether or not you can beat other people. Can you juggle during a game? Can you score by juggling? Can you play defense by juggling? You decide.

Maikel

just so we're all clear...

without letting the ball touch the ground, right?
Not strong, only aggressive.
Not free, we only licensed.
Not compassionate, only polite.
Now who's the nicest?