Back to the Defender

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
CanadianGiggs11

Hey I'm a quality striker. I have some troubles and i need some ideas some moves probably that can help me when i have my back to the defender. My most common move i used when i am in a situtation like that is let the ball go through my legs and tap it with my heel different direction. Works sometimes only if i run up to the ball have a good 2 sec from the defender. Please introduce me to some new moves i can use for that please...

matt_a
Veteran Member

go for the nutmeg or concede a bit of ground and turn around so your facing the defender

cyxstudio

flick it with your toes and over your head to the back of the defender.

If you are not confident to do any skills, hold the ball, body sheild it.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

You could look to turn with the ball before the defender is applying pressure, this way you have alot more options. An easier way than beating the defender is making runs past them. Say a ball is coming towards you and then defender is already on your back. You could lay the ball off to one of your teammates, turn and make a run and he can play the ball over the defence to you.

shahensha
Veteran Member

You can either, pass the ball back to a midfielder and run into an opening....like a give and go

or when you have your back to the defender, tap the ball towards the direction you are facing and put your foot on the ball, do a 180 and drag the ball closer to your feet. If done right, you will be facing the defender with the ball close to your feet. Then you can use moves in your repertoire that you use to beat defenders.

CanadianGiggs11

Thanks boys helped me out a lot well gave me more options with my situtation. I had alittle problems with that but i will take in concertration about getting the ball playing it to my midfield and make a run.

Clumsylegs
Veteran Member

Hey, check this out too:

viewtopic.php?t=10291

Shifty_FSU
Veteran Member

With the defender with ther back to you, have a peek round to see if there legs aren't together (most likely they would because they don't know which direction your going) Back heel it through there legs and accelerate right around them onto the ball, Hey Presto!
the defender will be trailing behind whilst you run/shoot with the ball.

Or simply just try confusing twists and turns then suddenly burst into one direction. Good Luck, just be creative :wink:

EDIT
Kinda Like D10 does in this video at 00.44 sec. but remeber to accelerate right around him to meet the ball again. 8) 8)

EDITED EDIT
Forgot the link :-
http://www.groundtrix.com/videos/futsal ... eeing-You/
Fight for the name on the front, n they'll remember the name on the back.

http://pitch.co/entry/46412
^Vote please? :)

keller8
Veteran Member

I reckon just hold them off until a teammate comes to help you and lay off a pass to them. Either that or u could try to trick them. Try doing a cruyff turn. I'ts basically faking a kick and cutting the ball behind your standing leg. Hope i could help
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

redrover365
Veteran Member

ya shield with you body. Use you elbows

mikaldinho

PLAY THE WAY YOU'RE FACING !!

just pass the ball back to a midfielder and make a run, or tee him up for a shot... he'll have a much better chance of scoring than you do with your back to goal

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Play the way you're facing, like mikaldinho said or what I always do if the ball is rolling toward my own goal is I do a double scissors and then shield the man off and flick it behind me with the outside of my foot. But dropping it back to one of your midfielders will never hurt too much.

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

pass. and get open.

but if you really need to do a move, i have one i found to be effective. its a little tough to explain, but i'll give it a shot.
when a ball is played to you and there is a defender behind you, with your first touch tap the ball with your right foot towards your left foot, and start moving to your right. when the ball gets to your left foot, tap it behind you. it WILL go through the defenders legs if timed well and the ball is tapped right.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?