Dribbling V.S Passing

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
Rocky
Veteran Member

Football is a team sport and everyone wants the ball.. if you were dribbling every time you got the ball, then I don't think I would want you in my team.. I used to be a ball hog before until some new guy came in my team, and it showed that he was a ball hog too.. He was dribbling ALMOST every time when he got the ball, the only time he would pass was when you had an open space for goal, didn't matter if he lost it.. and I started to realize how annoying it is.. of course it would be great if he scored every time he dribbled.

Sometimes you have to pass instead of dribbling and sometimes you have to dribble instead of passing.. its just a natural thing. The game should consist mostly on passing.. but you can dribble to create space for passing options.. but you don't dribble in the middle of the defense :S Sometimes during an attack, for example on the wings, you choose to challenge a defender to get a cross..

Or when you're one on one with a defender and you have the chance to score, then you need to know what to do.. dribbling would be the first thing unless there is someone in your team that is positioned very good.. if its not in a situation like this THEN the game should mostly consist of passing unless you have to dribble to create space..

anyway, whats the point with dribbling when it doesn't lead to anything? (points at C.Ronaldo)

Dribbling can be quite helpful.. you can dribble your way through and give a good through pass to one of your team mates.

Let me say this easier; You have to know what you're gonna do with the ball before you even get it. YOU HAVE TO BE DETERMINED!
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.

mak9

Rocky wrote:Football is a team sport and everyone wants the ball.. if you were dribbling every time you got the ball, then I don't think I would want you in my team.. I used to be a ball hog before until some new guy came in my team, and it showed that he was a ball hog too.. He was dribbling ALMOST every time when he got the ball, the only time he would pass was when you had an open space for goal, didn't matter if he lost it.. and I started to realize how annoying it is.. of course it would be great if he scored every time he dribbled.
exactly....not to mention if u do excessive dribbling ur a hurting the tempo and the rythem of the other players on ur team.

casar22
Veteran Member

i think the same thing as you guys but im one of those guys who doesnt like to pass the ball :lol:

casar22
Veteran Member

but the thing is that after i juke 2 or 3 opponents i get too exited and try to take on every single opponet[sometimes i suceed 8) i sometimes i dont :( ] but i think that if you are winning by a lot of goals(like 3-0 or 4-0) its ok to dribble a lot....

PeachIceTeaWizzy
New User

I don't think you should be selfish even if your team is leading. Do you actually know how frustrating it is with players who always dribble and lose the ball?

casar22
Veteran Member

yea i think youre right PeachIceTeawizzy but still i like to dribble a lot :D

Wanderer
Veteran Member

A bit off topic but do you guys think touch(D&B) or technique(F&P) is more important?

Personally I think (first)touch is the most important because if u have that u can make the ball do anything and also indirectly leads to better technique.But jz wanna ya'l opinion

Rocky
Veteran Member

Wanderer wrote:A bit off topic but do you guys think touch(D&B) or technique(F&P) is more important?

Personally I think (first)touch is the most important because if u have that u can make the ball do anything and also indirectly leads to better technique.But jz wanna ya'l opinion

In my opinion, the first touch is one of the most important things in football.. with a first touch you can beat the defender and you can create space for yourself..

Controlling the ball/first touch is actually a way of dribbling according to the Maestro himself, Zinedine Zidane, and its his first priority when it comes to football.. check this out;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOHcTZZhvps
He talks about controlling the ball/first touch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdksjtheADo
Here he is in action :wink: