Quick two touch moves

Discuss your training routine and techniques you are practicing
E10youngRonaldinho

Does anybody have any moves I could use with two touches , because when at practice our coach likes us to use two touches to keep the game at a fast pace
“God gives gifts to everyone, ... Some can write, some can dance. He gave me the skill to play football and I am making the most of it.”

[please use a sig no larger than 500x300]

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Well, there aren't really any "moves" like scissors that you can do. The best way to beat a defender is to read him, and if he is overcommitting than beat him with your first touch by taking it into the space that he isn't filling. In order to do that, you can use your body by: looking one way as if you are going to go there, using a fake kick or cruyff-like move, opening up your hips to suggest that you will go one way, and things like that. However, remember that the best way to over time beat a defender is to tire him out, and you can do that by playing quick passes and making him chase the ball. You should only really dribble if their defense is spread out and there is room around the defender that you are going to attack. It is foolish most of the time to try and take on multiple defenders, because most of the time you will lose the ball, and even if you don't you would have been able to knock the ball to an open teammate and build a play a lot faster.
God damn brewery!!!

peps1154
Veteran Member

by two touches ur coach means you should receive the ball with one touch and pass it with the other.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Welcome back peps. Its been a while. Try the mathews. Simple but effective.

Jack-of-all-trades

How about an elastico?
Joga Bonito is the way I play.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

None of these can be done in two touches. I mean, two touch limits you to a trap and a pass, so like I said you can't do any bona-fide moves like an elastico or anything like that.
God damn brewery!!!

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Yeah, and if you're coach is telling you to play two touches it's because he doesn't want people to dribble and try moves anyway. He wants you to keep the ball moving, which is what you should do. You can still be creative and throw in feints and jukes before you receive the ball to make a little space for yourself, and you can be creative in the passes you play and the runs you make, but you shouldn't be trying to dribble past anybody if you're limited to two touches.

bshechter
New User

dribbling comes down to shoulder drops... drop your shoulder 1 way, let the defender follow you, then pass the ball when hes unbalanced