Advertisement for the site

Post your suggestions, feedback and anything related to the web site
klc123
Veteran Member

Advertisement for the site

Post by klc123 » 30 Dec 2012, 21:28

I know there are plenty of old threads regarding this point, but I feel that we need to re-ignite the fire in some sense and get things moving.
The site is a great resource, and it has a pretty vast amount of knowledge and information floating about on it. I think the site would be a great place for people to come to, if it were more publicized. So let's discuss methods that we can all do to help get the site more views.

Something I think could drag in a few extra videos is posting on the comment sections of videos on youtube. I know this isn't strictly professional, but every little helps. Even if only 1 person visits the site for every 100 that see it, that is better than nothing. I spend a lot of time viewing football related videos on youtube, as I find that one of the best ways to improve my game is to learn from those who I admire, so I will begin leaving comments.

Anyone else with some bright ideas?

expert
Site Admin

Re: Advertisement for the site

Post by expert » 31 Dec 2012, 07:29

Hey klc, I'm already working on redesigning the site and moving the videos to Youtube. A lot of the old content isn't very good so it will be revised or edited out. You can see how it's going here, although it's not finished:
http://expertfootball.com/wp/
I think many people who visit EF don't even know that the forums exist. Hopefully, integrating the forums with the rest of the site might bring in more visitors. Let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas/suggestions.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 31 Dec 2012, 14:17

Sounds pretty cool! I know the Facebook page contributed a lot to returning members, but I think a well maintained general football Twitter that occasionally plugs the forums would do a lot. CFF had one going a while back, but he slipped off into the ether... :p

I'm also willing to donate to the site if you need it, and will accept my multicoloured Canadian dollars. ;)

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 03 Jan 2013, 14:07

Rome_Leader wrote:Sounds pretty cool! I know the Facebook page contributed a lot to returning members, but I think a well maintained general football Twitter that occasionally plugs the forums would do a lot. CFF had one going a while back, but he slipped off into the ether... :p
Oh yeah, I remember seeing an EF Twitter account at one point in time. :)
Rome_Leader wrote:I'm also willing to donate to the site if you need it, and will accept my multicoloured Canadian dollars. ;)
Nah, that's against the spirit of EF. :) If things pick up, we can hopefully start giving out soccer books again, but I'm not sure if it will happen anytime soon. :(

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 04 Jan 2013, 22:53

The site has a youtube account, (expertfootball1) but I can't remember the password.