Mobile EF Site?

Post your suggestions, feedback and anything related to the web site
eddy192837
Veteran Member

Mobile EF Site?

Post by eddy192837 » 05 Jun 2011, 05:28

Anyone ever thought of having a mobile EF forum which you can access easily through your phone or maybe even an App for the iphone? I think it sounds great. Feel free to comment your opinion or ideas

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 05 Jun 2011, 05:52

be neat but uhh not sure anyone here has the ability to make one.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 05 Jun 2011, 06:44

Yer it would be awesome, but no offense to the EF admin but I don't think they are that technically skilled (not in general, but just not enough to make an iPod app).
Everything you need, is already inside.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 06 Jun 2011, 04:51

This site is on the brink of death, unless a WC is on.

I love the site and the community but, iphone apps are for your ebays, youtubes, twitters, facebook. In other words no one is going to make one.

Something I would like to implement is EF ads but thats not gonna work with the communities lack of....happening.

Always thought the site could use a spruce up, especially in the WORLDFOOTBALL/ TRAINING areas. Maybe just a forum would do.

Some more football knowledge on the site would be sweet. Thats not to say it does not exist, 95% of this site is brilliant

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 08 Jun 2011, 05:45

desire10 wrote:Yer it would be awesome, but no offense to the EF admin but I don't think they are that technically skilled (not in general, but just not enough to make an iPod app).
Nah, the technical part is not a problem but such updates just aren't a worthwhile investment considering the current size of the EF userbase at the moment.
TheBrilliance wrote:Always thought the site could use a spruce up, especially in the WORLDFOOTBALL/ TRAINING areas.
Yeah, you're right, although we don't really work on expanding the site, nowadays we mostly do big fixes and stuff.

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 08 Jun 2011, 13:47

desire10 wrote:Yer it would be awesome, but no offense to the EF admin but I don't think they are that technically skilled (not in general, but just not enough to make an iPod app).
Technically it's not that difficult. A basic approach would be :

Grab the UserAgent (sent on every page request), serve a template accounting for the device requesting the content. You can make it much better delving deeper with things like Jquery mobile, which makes it more native app like. But it's a big time investment.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"