A vote negative and vote positive option?

Post your suggestions, feedback and anything related to the web site
panchester07
Veteran Member

A vote negative and vote positive option?

Post by panchester07 » 02 Apr 2011, 22:03

I know it might be really hard to accomplish, but i might as well spit it out to see what you guys think...

Its basically, i've seen on other sites, like Marca(spanish newspaper) or i think youtube, an option to vote positive or negative on each comment...

So if for example, a member rights a terrific answer, makes a mad point, with lots of sense, or comments something interesting, you can click on a green arrow that faces upwards..

If a member posts something stupid, sarcastic, irrelevant, or very gay, they can be rated with a red arrow that faces downwards..

Under each post there be a green arrow facing upwards, and a red arrow facing downwards to rate people's comment and either award their positive attitudes and intelligence, or reject there idiocy and negative attitude..

Example:

http://www.marca.com/marcador/futbol/20 ... 0/rma_spo/

On this site, (i know you wont understand sh*t, but bare with me) under each news, there is space to write some comments, under each comment there are two arrows, the red one downwards(negative) and the greenone upwards(positive)... Now there are always some stupid comments like "Barca willl always be under the shadow of madrid, pep is gay, and barcelona dopes their players" - those usuallly have a number of negative arrows.... But there are also exellent comments that are very clever that get a positive green arrow that faces upwards...

Scrolll down under the news, and watch the comments and the arrows im talking about...

I think it would be a sweet idea.. :)
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 03 Apr 2011, 01:52

I'm in, green arrow to that!
Everything you need, is already inside.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 03 Apr 2011, 19:58

Theres no doubt it looks really cool on some sites, i just don't know what kind of internet-processes-html whatever type of things that needs to be done behind the scene and maybe its not as simple as it sounds..

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 03 Apr 2011, 20:06

do you mean like the thumbs up and thumbs down thing for comments on youtube?

Sorry if not i only skimmed.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 03 Apr 2011, 20:09

Pretty much, haha... I seemed to have used 100 words to say something i could have said in 3.....After each comment an option to vote thumbs up or down.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 03 Apr 2011, 20:22

used 100 words to say something i could have said in 3
Your true calling was to be a politician.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 04 Apr 2011, 10:47

klc123 wrote:
used 100 words to say something i could have said in 3
Your true calling was to be a politician.
That sucks - I always wanted to be a hooker :D

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 04 Apr 2011, 20:07

...so politician was right?

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 04 Apr 2011, 20:08

Awsome idea. I was going to say something like facebook has, when you have the website minimized if you get a notification. the icon turns from:
facebook - internet explorer
to
(1) facebook - internet explorer.

Same sorta thing would be cool on EF, but instead of a notifcation, somebody commenting on one of your posts?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 04 Apr 2011, 20:54

Not really like facebook, in here it wouldn't say who voted green arrow or red arrow, cause facebook it kind of looks gossipy and sh*t, not really the intentions..

The intentions is to celebrate great opinions and insight.. If you write some golden advice, or perfect match analysis, your comment would have 9-10 green positve upwards arrow...

The like thing is cool but in my opinion its more social more gosssipy and sh*t, here you wouldn't know who voted, you would just get the positive mark in your comment.. What can I say, looks more football focused, than a social network -
...so politician was right?
Haha - for sure..

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 05 Apr 2011, 02:29

I thought someone would suggest this sooner or later.

We do already have a ratings system for good and bad posts - I realise that only moderators can access it (muahahaha :twisted: ) but if you would like a post to be given recognition then you only need ask a moderator to do it for you.

The advantage of a rating system is that you can scale it from 1 to 5, so a really exceptional post is given proper recognition as opposed to just a 'like' or a thumbs-up.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 05 Apr 2011, 02:39

haha yeah, i know about that rating system, i just think my idea, is newer, and better.. you know - like the future.. apart from that you could continue with your rating systems to rate the posts, but the up and down arrow just seam way more neat, even for mods-

i'm not forcing you to use this idea - im no one to do so - all im saying is that haha i already know about the rating system - im just suggesting an idea that looks 10 times better imho :wink:

but i do understand html stuff can be a pain in the butt, so its merely a recomendation mattyboy

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 05 Apr 2011, 10:13

Panchester. Read my comment again.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 05 Apr 2011, 18:45

It's not a bad idea, but like matt says, I think our rating system is fully functional, even if it is only limited to Mods, which is not a bad idea, considering there are some people who would abuse it.

If I'm correct, in expert's eyes, the heavily modified forum code is like Jenga, and to modify anything like that might doom us all. :O

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 05 Apr 2011, 19:12

Yeah we really dont want to lose this forum do we?
i was made to ignite