Forum becoming dead?

Post your suggestions, feedback and anything related to the web site
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 02 Aug 2010, 19:52

panchester07 wrote:Sorry but I'm right :twisted:

Gosh if its really that annoying then I'll stop, don't wanna piss everybody off, I just really really believe in what I'm saying and basically know I'm right. But just say the magic word and the argument will be history.
panchester, it would be better for everyone if you just didn't involve yourself in these arguments. Nobody cares if you are right or not, and you just drag all the threads into hell.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 02 Aug 2010, 20:13

panchester07 wrote:I just really really believe in what I'm saying and basically know I'm right.
Its a stubborn trait you have, its not nessecarily a bad thing but its like temper, you must learn to control it and be flexibile with it... because when you discard peoples opinions over your beleif that you are right, the stubborness comes across as ignorance

Just asking you to chill a second and realise where the other person is coming from before you critizie everything that opposes you

For example in the above mentioned thread, you are not right, nor are you wrong, the points you are debating on are entirely subjective

I'm not having a go, its something I have in myself aswell, just i've learned to see past it from time to time nowadays

...Just root out a thread on communism, religion or cristiano ronaldo... :D

I'm all open to hearing you talk if you hear me, but most of the time you yell and can't hear anyone :wink: Ya get me

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 Aug 2010, 22:26

Rome_Leader wrote:
panchester07 wrote:Sorry but I'm right :twisted:

Gosh if its really that annoying then I'll stop, don't wanna piss everybody off, I just really really believe in what I'm saying and basically know I'm right. But just say the magic word and the argument will be history.
panchester, it would be better for everyone if you just didn't involve yourself in these arguments. Nobody cares if you are right or not, and you just drag all the threads into hell.
Surely I don't debate with myself do I? Surely I'm not the member that debates the most on here am I? Surely is a 6'0 player not short? Surely I wasn't the only one to state that Ronaldo 9 isn't short. In fact 2 others did... Surely there are great long distance shooters like Beckham, Pirlo, Del Piero, Maradona, Pele, and putting Ronaldo 9 in that category is quite exagerated? Surely I mentioned my opinion and got contradicted thats how the debate was born? Surely can any defender in the premierleague afford any cleat bro. Its not like only the Vapors and Lasers are only econmomically available to the world class strikers, and thats the way it is. Would you like me to tell you you are right and smile even though you couldn't be more wrong? I don't think you are being fair. If no one cares who's right why ask the question if any answer will do? Vapors are only for world class star strikers , man you happy now? Definetly Ferdinand, Terry, and Carragher don't use them because they aren't enough of a stars, and not cause it doesn't suit their style of play?.

----

NBP I get what your saying and thanks for explaining cause really I had no idea I was stubborn at all. Ronaldo scored a few goals from distance and maybe even though there are hundreds of players shorter than him, compared to Koller or Crouch he is short. From a certain point of view, everything is subjective. Maybe he isn't as great as the best long distance shooters that where strikers, but compared to others (don't know who) he is great long distance shooter? I just believe great are those who can do it often and well, and Ronaldo's drives, are much easier than other goals scored by strikers that score these goals more consistently and repetively and truely deserve to be considered great. But he did score goals from outside of the box so I tihink its fair to call him good.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 03 Aug 2010, 01:45

panchester, I'd like to point out the following:

1) You've consistently labeled me as a fair and relatively chill guy. Know that I am in no way singling you out as the only person at fault here, but know you do play a part. I trust you're mature enough to understand the role you play, and, regardless of what others say or do, change yourself for the better.

2) Whether a player is short or not is a TRIVIALITY. It REALLY doesn't matter in the long run, and there are certain people that are far too stubborn to ever have their minds changed. If you're going to try, at least try more relevant topic matter than what is considered relatively short in the sporting world.

I understand there will be points and issues with these points and opinions, but sometimes you make these personal attacks, and then its more than just a debate; it gets very heated very quickly.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!