Debating

Post your suggestions, feedback and anything related to the web site
NUFREAK
New User

I reckon it mite b kol 2 hav a debating tournament on football and topics within it. E.g. For/Against Viera moving to Juventus.
U cud lyk hav rounds an stuff, and expert or sum1 cud judge hu has the best argument.

matt
EF Forum Legend

thts a real gd idea! i totally back this up
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Magicfeet

I hate to put a downer on the idea but... isn't debating topics jsut what a forum is for? It is the norm... you look at some of the numerous threads around this site. For examplr, the Player vs Player thread is nothing more than a debate about which players are better than others.

Most decent threads are those that have a degree of debate in them. If nobody debated the views of others, this website would be much less interesting.

Wiseman_philosopher

No not really. The big difference, is that you might not necessarily agree with the preposition.
It's more organised, and you don't have other people chipping in. Its cut down to the bare bones of debatin. You don't just blurt out your own view. You might research and backup your argument.
It's competition.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

Magicfeet

But surely anybody worth listening to will back up their points anyway. If somebody just makes a statement without any evidence, it's not particularly convincing... is it?

Fair play if people want to make a debating feature... I just feel that it shouldn't be required.

romania_soccer

Why not use the chatroom, much more effective!
Immediately start dealing with it.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

if there was a debate thread, id be banned after my 3rd post into it

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

*yung-ital* wrote:if there was a debate thread, id be banned after my 3rd post into it
With me chasing after U with a bucket of cold water.

But we're cool seeing other members clawing each other.. Hahaha!!

Magicfeet

But we're cool seeing other members clawing each other.. Hahaha!!
:wink:

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

theres always been people not liking eahcother on this site lol, maybe put those people agianst eahcother. now thats some good watching :wink:

dooglas
Veteran Member

im gonna make the first debating thread, we will have sign ups, and it will be in the competition forum. read the thread to find out more.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

dooglas wrote:im gonna make the first debating thread, we will have sign ups, and it will be in the competition forum. read the thread to find out more.
i already made one. its called the say something that u think is intelligent
its in the off topic. its the same thing buddy

dooglas(lazy)

notice i said nothing about politics, this is pure soccer debating.

and it wont be going on and on, two people will debate and there will be a winner big diff.

J
Admin

There is definetly a big difference. This one will be much more structured, and there will be a winner of every debate based on how well the person delivers and backs up their side. Most of all its not about politics or anything else which usually leads to arguing not debating. This one will be just about football which will most likely not lead to name calling or getting anyone angry.

stalefish
New User

Im always in for a good debate, but I think you need politics,religion, women, or somethin like that to heat up a debate. We'll see how it goes though.
ANSWER ME THIS. WHY, WHENEVER I HIT POST REPLY, IT JUMPS ME BACK TO THE FORUM INDEX, THEN I HAVE TO NAVIGATE ALL THE WAY BACK WHERE I WAS, CLICK POST REPLY AGAIN, AND IT WORKS? WTF. Thanks for your help.