topics in order of quality

Post your suggestions, feedback and anything related to the web site
barcahooligan
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:I don't want to make another topic so I'll just post it in here since this one's open.

I don't know if anyone's suggested this but what about a "quick reply" option? Do you know what I mean. So you don't always have to click reply. You can just type and enter.
i like that idea...........no ratings, it sounds unneccessary and no one has that much time to do this sh*t for it
sig by 2brown347

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

soccer11 wrote:I don't want to make another topic so I'll just post it in here since this one's open.

I don't know if anyone's suggested this but what about a "quick reply" option? Do you know what I mean. So you don't always have to click reply. You can just type and enter.
Now that's a good idea.

mint
EF Drug Baron

iwannagopro wrote:

Now that's a good idea.
yeah i totally agree, that would be very usefull if your in a rush and havent got much time or something.

Why didn't i think of that?
i was made to ignite

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

mint wrote:
iwannagopro wrote:

Now that's a good idea.
yeah i totally agree, that would be very usefull if your in a rush and havent got much time or something.

Why didn't i think of that?
Because that is a GOOD idea ;)

kiddin kiddin :lol:
Bulgaria is our faith, Levski is our Freedom

soccer11
Admin

iwannagopro wrote:

Now that's a good idea.
Thank you, I'm the sh*t, I know :P :lol:

I've seen that on most forums I've been on and I really liked it.

mint
EF Drug Baron

chicagofirefan wrote:that is a GOOD idea ;)
Well done for stating the obvious.
i was made to ignite

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

iwannagopro wrote:Terrible idea, there is a reason that all forums work in the same manner as EF.
I got rated a 1. :o

I deserved it.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Rant Mode Activated...

I think its an Idea with plus's and negatives
Considering if you only have a bit to say... quick reply
But if you have something worth writing out... normal reply

BUT... what I have noticed in other fourms that have this appliance, is how they are so obvious in the seriously low standard of posts
Like I have seen topics like chatrooms ('yeah' 'i agree' 'no hes sh*t')
on soccerpulse and bigsoccer

In short it would encourage laziness and people would begin to slack off

As it is most people tend to make decent worthwhile posts, and anyone who doesn't gets stung by the mods (or the self proclaimed ones :wink: )
Like the mods do a good job with the ratings, but there aren't usually enough active to get around all the topics

Things I think would be good:

-Bring Stickies Back!
How many times have you seen the topic...
'My Left Foot' 'Curling Help' 'Best Free Kick Styles'
Mabye instead of having everything in the featured articles, have them stickied in their respected fourms

-Rating topics from outside
ie. my weak foot guide has 5, in the menu for the passing and shooting fourm, beside the weak foot guide topic, could their be the same rating on display? this could also pose a solution to mints question of 'topics in order of quality' so you can see which topics are considered the best
We don't have to go through the long process of organising them, just the same 'last modifed' system we have now... but topics display their rating

-Arghh! Arghh! Logging out when posting
Does this ever happen to anyone apart from me and 2Brown? when you make a really long incredible post, that god comes and pats your back... you click submit and...........

Sorry, you must be logged on to edit or post new topics

ARGH!
Then you click, back, back, back... screaming NO NO NOOOOOO
only to find the entire Message body part empty?
sexpert I'm begging you, if there is a way of fixing this... please help!

EDIT:You will no beleive this, but it actually happened to me with this post :shock: (luckly i copied and pasted)

....Rant Mode Terminated

Since i was mainly thinking in terms of 'dont allow quick replies!' and took it from there, i didn't bother with a new post

Hope you consider a few of my ideas
Last edited by NewBornProdigy on 31 Dec 2008, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

i think its a good idea but it would be difficult to carry out..but we already have something good,if a topic doesnt get replies it slowly drops down the list,that is similar and easier
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

xilog

I have an idea: under the name of every member it says "veteran member", "junior member" etc. I think the members that post the most helpfull posts should have "quality poster" or something like that under their name. That way u dont need ratings, but u can still see which people that post the most usefull posts.

Example

NewBornProdigy

Quality Poster

______ Posts
Last sign:

sign/ava by me