New usergroup

Post your suggestions, feedback and anything related to the web site
chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Post by chicagofirefan » 19 Aug 2008, 16:29

Real_Zidane wrote:First off, I think this is a good idea. There are some trustworthy people on this site I believe that are capable of this idea. Secondly, this might be going over-the-top but maybe expert could implement a feedback system to go along with the ratings. A small description about what was right or wrong about the post perhaps?

By the way, what are those bots for???
Advertising? LOL. Googlebot is nice i talked to him once :wink:

Feedback would be good to add. But you could just comment on what was right/wrong.
Bulgaria is our faith, Levski is our Freedom

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 19 Aug 2008, 16:47

They're more aptly known as 'Search Engine crawlers', R_Z. When you see them viewing a page, they are simply caching it or making a 'copy' of it for the search engine, in layman's terms. It's how the search engines keep up to date on what is here, and link back to it from their search engine.

Hence, GoogleBot is an automated Google crawler, MSNbot is for MSN Search, etc.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

messi19
Veteran Member

Post by messi19 » 19 Aug 2008, 16:51

Damn! Im really annoyed at myself that ive made some many bad posts and have got bad ratings! But I think lately ive made some really good posts and most EF members would agree.

This is a really good idea and will get more excellent posts better ratings.
When do you think this rating system for dream team users is gonna start?

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Post by chicagofirefan » 19 Aug 2008, 17:06

messi19 wrote: But I think lately ive made some really good posts and most EF members would agree.
Someone thinks a lot of themselves :wink:
messi19 wrote:When do you think this rating system for dream team users is gonna start?
It isnt decided yet. This idea still has some work to be done with. Who knows it might not even be the Dream Team, that was just an idea because it has a ton of people in it and the mods might want to make it more select.

An idea for Expert, maybe a a new user group for "Raters" and all the mods would be in it but everyone else would have to request to be in it but unlike the Dream team a little more thought would be put into it such as the History of that user, what there posts are like, would they use this responsibility wisely etc.
Bulgaria is our faith, Levski is our Freedom

messi19
Veteran Member

Post by messi19 » 19 Aug 2008, 17:12

chicagofirefan wrote:
messi19 wrote: But I think lately ive made some really good posts and most EF members would agree.
messi19 wrote:When do you think this rating system for dream team users is gonna start?
It isnt decided yet. This idea still has some work to be done with. Who knows it might not even be the Dream Team, that was just an idea because it has a ton of people in it and the mods might want to make it more select.

An idea for Expert, maybe a a new user group for "Raters" and all the mods would be in it but everyone else would have to request to be in it but unlike the Dream team a little more thought would be put into it such as the History of that user, what there posts are like, would they use this responsibility wisely etc.
All im saying is, I think ive contributed in a positive way and made some good posts recently. (Well atleast I think I have)

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 19 Aug 2008, 17:21

messi19 wrote:
chicagofirefan wrote:

All im saying is, I think ive contributed in a positive way and made some good posts recently. (Well atleast I think I have)
That is part of the idea. M19 may have given helpful advice in several situations, but he still has a rating of "1" instead of "2.44". Several '4' and '3' ratings can help redeem people who have made mistakes in the past. Right now with the system it is very uncommon for a post to be rated well if it is not worth a '5'.