The future of ExpertFootball.com

Post your suggestions, feedback and anything related to the web site

What would you like to see on this site?

You may select 1 option

View results

expert
Site Admin

Since the past few months, I find less and less time to develop new content so I’m currently seeking a qualified person who could help me out. Meanwhile, in order to make more efficient use of my efforts and resources, I would like to get some feedback as to what you would like to see on ExpertFootball.com.
Currently, I am contemplating a few different ideas including a foreign version of the site, “find pickup soccer” database or a “football pubs” directory. Two long-term concepts I’m thinking about include a free betting competition or a system for posting player profiles, similarly to what you may see at dating/job-seeking web sites.

Star

Maybe you could add in a "Readers Tricks" part, where readers of the site send in their freestyle videos, or videos of them doing a specific skill, i.e. sliding tackle etc. You could put that as a compliment to the text telling you how to slide tackle for example.

That would provide a good way of learning new skills, and making the readers and members feel a part of the site.

Thanks,

expert
Site Admin

This is definitely a worthy idea that I have actually been thinking about for a while. Seems like everyone enjoys showing off their fancy skills.
The primary concerns I have is that it will be difficult to get the whole thing rolling (people are reluctant to share at first). That is why I am currently in the process of negotiating a “merger” or some sort of deal with an established site dedicated purely to freestyle tricks. If this works out, I’ll surely launch a “user tricks” section.

Star

I'll be willing to post some of my own tricks if you wan't... To help get the thing running...

Star

Also... You could add a "Top Posters" section, having a chart displaying all the Top Posters from 1 to 10.

blahblahblah

Hi this is my first time in this website,

I have been trying to a good footy site that teaches you good skills and tricks, and all at the same time offer you advice.

I have a bag of questions to ask, but unfortunately, that function is now disabled. I feel like I've missed out on something very important, and I wish that the "Ask The Expert" section will be brought back to life.

For me, there is no point of showing tricks when the basic skills are not mastered, which is way you should focus more on the basics and provide more clips. Then alternatively, if you have time, which you say you're getting less and less time, then provide clips. Other than that, I'd love to have a section full of different ways of improving players, such as "How to Communicate on the pitch so that teammates will pass to you more".

Thank you very much.

expert
Site Admin

Thanks for coming by, blahblahblah, I appreciate it.

Feel free to post your questions on this forum or contact me directly about them, until the Q&A section is closed. It probably remain closed for another few weeks or until I find someone who could help me with it.

You have mentioned that "For [you], there is no point of showing tricks when the basic skills are not mastered." I agree with you completely but this is what most of our visitors want and are interested in so I am obligated to touch upon it.

I will definitely consider your request about providing clips.

Daniel

I would like to see a whole set of videos of feints and juggling tricks. But not videos of games, someone who does it for the video in like perfect view and not so fast. Also explainations underneath on how to do the tricks correctly.

Daniel

And also you should let people volunteer to build the site. Have like you email like obvious and ask on the front page for volunteers and ask where you can download free videos and ask everyone to put in one big topic called "What Do You Do? - Individual Training" and maybe community pages aswell. Plus to get more people maybe join online football communities or deals on like having links with popular sites. Maybe if you pay money per visitor coming to your site and sell soccer equipment. Or have community pages.

expert
Site Admin

That is exactly what I've thinking about for the past few weeks! I would love to make this a community site. It's a real handful for me to add new content, update the old stuff, answer individual e-mails daily, maintain the Q&A and so on...

I've been working on a new section on soccer equipment (hoping that the sales will cover my expenses). If I make enough money, I would surely invest in professionals help.

The big question is how do I get qualified people to help me build up the site? What would be in it for them? I was thinking about introducing a "Members Section" that would only be available to the people involved in building expertfootball.com.

So there it is: Anyone who is willing to help with building up the site would be of great help! I will post this message on the main page as well.
Last edited by expert on 24 Apr 2006, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

i can't vote on the poll, myu computer just isn't letting me, but definitely i would like to see more training and coaching content

Daniel
New User

Im glad u liked my idea but i posted it a few too many times. Im not a proffesional at marketing but wat if u got a group of people who like football and computers to compile an ebook on how to coach teams or another about drills to individually improve. Make it completely free and distribute it on football sites and around kazaa and stuff like that make it completely royalty free so other people can spread it aswell then in the credits say their names and their companies, contact details, websites stuff like that. Also maybe once its done before it is released ask if anyone wants to sponsor it. You could make sponsorship money and get more visitors to the site. It can be the first community project.
A.C.E Pride

Star

I would like to see "ranks" when you make a certain amount of posts, or when you make 10 you are a "Junior Member" Or 50 and your a "member".

I think that this would make the forum more exciting and fun, also, it will get more people posting, and increase the popularity of the site....

expert
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback. I though I would have to modify the forum's code in order to set this up but I was wrong. It can be edited through the Administration Panel. You can play around with the ranks yourself, I've set your account to a moderator a while ago. Just go to Administration Panel > User Admin > Ranks.

madridfc
Veteran Member

i really like stars ideas about the top ten posters and then the ranks. it would make everyone want to be on that top ten list and then there would be more posts and hopefully the forum would expand more and have a wider range of topics!
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."