Curbing idiotic posts from"newbies"?

Post your suggestions, feedback and anything related to the web site
Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Over the last few weeks I've just realized how many "dumb" posters there really are on the forums, not the constructive ones such as iwannagopro *cough* (jk ;)) and Rzad/BG/whoever else I forgot to mention..

It's usually just the "newbie" users, who have just signed up and make idiotic posts such as "hey i heard of mi adidas where can i find it kthxbailolz"...I mean haven't they ever heard of google?

Is there a way to make reading the Terms of Service or creating a "Suggestive/Helpful Advice On Posting" topic for everyone that must be read before posting? I mean really, it may just be me but it certainly really grinds my gears. :P

Davidson9
Veteran Member

i guess this would be it http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

from jdefoe's "please read before posting"

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Why do we get things like this:

viewtopic.php?p=135501#135501

and this then?

http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=11791

Do you seriously think new users are reading that post judging by the quality of their posts?

Davidson9
Veteran Member

i know what you mean, but i dont think EVERYONE will pay attention, we can only hope

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

The clip wouldn't load for me, it did just then. That's hilarious, sorry mate I was getting a bit uptight before. :wink:

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

I think you need to be a bit more tolerant, because as you said they are newbies, some of them maybe quite young and possibly english isnt their first language if they persist on doing then the mods will sort it out.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Rulezzz wrote:I think you need to be a bit more tolerant, because as you said they are newbies, some of them maybe quite young and possibly english isnt their first language if they persist on doing then the mods will sort it out.
Yup, we try our best, and people improve their typing and writing the longer the spend here, so it always gets better. Don't worry, it used to make me annoyed, but I've gotten used to it... that is what happens when you spend a year and 7 months on a forum :P

ratherton
Veteran Member

This problem reduced dramatically once spectables_boy and the_loast left/got banned.

Francis8
Veteran Member

iwannagopro wrote:
Rulezzz wrote:I think you need to be a bit more tolerant, because as you said they are newbies, some of them maybe quite young and possibly english isnt their first language if they persist on doing then the mods will sort it out.
Yup, we try our best, and people improve their typing and writing the longer the spend here, so it always gets better. Don't worry, it used to make me annoyed, but I've gotten used to it... that is what happens when you spend a year and 7 months on a forum :P
u mean "it used to annoy me", thats proper english, I see how your english has improved---- jk :wink:

but when it comes to idiot posting, nothing beats my "star wars" :lol:
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Francis8 wrote:

Word! :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

expert
Site Admin

Rulezzz wrote:I think you need to be a bit more tolerant, because as you said they are newbies,
Rulezzz is right. When dealing with forum virgins we should try to be patient and gentle. The way I do it is, first, I break out the vaselline, then I play some smooth jazz and then... err anyways I digress.

My favorite noob posts are:
Am I too old to become pro?
How can I be exactly like Ronaldinho or C.Ronaldo (since I have no personality of my own)?
Where do I send an email, to get a trial with the academy of either Man United or Chelsea (none of this D1 or D2 bulls**t)
What position should I play
How many hours per day do I need to train to become pro
How can I do the instep drive?
Who is "the best player" (Dida or Kaka?)
How do I improve my weak foot?

How can I shoot harder and more accurately?
(Actually, last week I received an email from some guy who has come up with a solution to this last question. It's a pill and according to him it will make your girlfriend really happy too )

Francis8
Veteran Member

expert wrote: Rulezzz is right. When dealing with forum virgins we should try to be patient and gentle. The way I do it is, first, I break out the Vaseline, then I play some smooth jazz and then... err anyways I digress.

How can I shoot harder and more accurately?
(Actually, last week I received an email from some guy who has come up with a solution to this last question. It's a pill and according to him it will make your girlfriend really happy too )
well for the first paragraph, smooth jazz with nothing but a saxophone is best. (and u really shouldn't trust what i said since I, due to very recent experiences, know nothing about girls :lol:..god I'm so stupid :x..) anyyyywaaaays.........

and for the second paragraph. Haha, I wonder if davidson and the rest of the youngens' got that one :lol:

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Francis8 wrote:
iwannagopro wrote:
u mean "it used to annoy me", thats proper english, I see how your english has improved---- jk :wink:

Don't be correcting me now boy, I dont want none of your sh*t!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

iwannagopro wrote:
Francis8 wrote:
iwannagopro wrote: Yup, we try our best, and people improve their typing and writing the longer the spend here, so it always gets better. Don't worry, it used to make me annoyed, but I've gotten used to it... that is what happens when you spend a year and 7 months on a forum :P

Correcting, it's supposed to be:
Don't be correcting me now star boy, I dont want none of your sh*t!
:lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Francis8
Veteran Member

rzadzinskiisgay wrote:
iwannagoproisgay wrote:
Francis8 wrote: u mean "it used to annoy me", thats proper english, I see how your english has improved---- jk :wink:

Correcting, it's supposed to be:
rzadzisnkisgay wrote: Don't be correcting me now star boy, I dont want none of your sh*t!
:lol:
the star boy legacy will live on. for how long is the question. once I leave the site, there has to be a forum made that is dedicated to my memory :lol:

no, for real...