New York

Want to start a local game in your neighbourhood?
expert
Site Admin

There are plenty of pickup games throughout New York although it would be cool if we, the members of the site, who take the game seriously could organize an occasional pickup match. Any one from NY interested in this?

Gaucho

hey, my mate is going to be in brooklyn this summer, he wants to know if there are an elite teams in that area. Any tournaments..heard NY was wikid anyways. Anyone with any info please tell it 2 me ere. Or email footballer102000@yahoo.com. cheers, oh and if you have the team's website that would be even better . cheers m8s
Gimme the ball.

expert
Site Admin

Gaucho wrote:hey, my mate is going to be in brooklyn this summer, he wants to know if there are an elite teams in that area. Any tournaments..
Elite soccer (Brooklyn Knights of the PDL and Roughriders of the A-League) starts in early spring. In the summer, there a many small tournaments. There's a bunch of them at Chelsea Pears.
The Empire State games (usually played upstate) is probably one of the better tournaments (it's a competition between different counties) but I think is only open to NY residents. I'm currently preparing for it

jdefoe
Forum groupie

I heard that a lot of players from the Empire State games actually go on to persue professional careers. Good luck with that!

QuicK Silv3r

I want to go to america LOL :D.

Adizeta
Sophomore Member

i go to ny all the time it would be great if
we could get together and play i played a cuple of
games in flushing medows

Bestofthebest

i live in nj i could take the train,
Join this Forum: http://footyclips.com/forum

dberg
New User

Expert,

i run the website http://www.nycpickupsoccer.com where we organize local NYC pickup games. You are welcome to check it out and join us for a pickup game anytime. We are a growing community that stemmed from my meetup.com site but wanted to empower everyone to be able to organize. This site will hopefully help us here in the NYC do such a thing since there are so many great places to play.

Cheers
Adam

Vistula
Sophomore Member

I'm in north NJ and only 13, the pick-up games are probably going to have way older players than me so I might as well not bother.