No one to play with

Want to start a local game in your neighbourhood?
dooglas,too lazy to login

Post by dooglas,too lazy to login » 07 May 2005, 23:16

^^ i definately agree

RG900
Veteran Member

ya i agree

Post by RG900 » 20 Jul 2005, 02:39

man i livve in da US and every1 sucks i made varsity in freshman ya plannin to make it again next week lol peace of cake
RAMI 07

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Post by Mr.SoccerMojo » 15 Aug 2005, 03:36

Where I live there isn't that much people that play football so this is what I did this might sound weird but if you have ever seen this commercial when the guys are running around town and just dribbling the ball and nutmegin' and all the fancy fakes and stuff to the people walking around.
Well I did that for a while (Warning!!! this could get you into a lot of trouble
even w/the police I know) and I got better and better till finally someone else showed up that played football
oh first go to your local park and just try it w/some trees or some light post or something like that
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

Post by R9KEvinR9 » 15 Aug 2005, 05:02

yeah theres noone to play here either dont get me wrong some schools in kansas are good but no1 likes football really . i mean when iam in the mood i will run to a field and play a couple hours by myself but when i was younger grown up in los angeles all i did was play soccer with my friends n i really miss those times now when i play socccer i mostly jus dribble around or freestyle thats why iam movin bak to california where i can play soccer everyday! :D

gmckenzie
New User

Post by gmckenzie » 15 Aug 2005, 07:21

im lucky i guess cuz vancouvers probably the best place to play in canada, i dunno wut id do if i didnt get to play as often as i do with as skilled players as i do. sorry dudes, move out here :D

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 19 Aug 2005, 07:27

gmckenzie wrote:im lucky i guess cuz vancouvers probably the best place to play in canada, i dunno wut id do if i didnt get to play as often as i do with as skilled players as i do. sorry dudes, move out here :D
SOME talented players but the team selection has TOO many politics and are based too much on size. not many talented players as u claim tho. when i went to england then i saw talented players. not many in vancouver tho
(trust me ive played many teams from vancouver)
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

Post by karlofootball10 » 22 Aug 2005, 13:46

there are people to play with in my town, but they live far away. there are a lot more fotball haters than football players. i want to fight when someone ignorant talks about my sport like that. "girly, and all you do is kick the ball." they just dont know, and its kind of sad. i've been to europe and they are open to play american sports like baseball and american football, but americans only like domestic things. it will change one day, not sure when though.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

Shenker
Veteran Member

Post by Shenker » 31 Oct 2005, 21:16

how r u guys posting as guests??????????? :x

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 31 Oct 2005, 21:23

karlofootball10 wrote:there are people to play with in my town, but they live far away. there are a lot more fotball haters than football players. i want to fight when someone ignorant talks about my sport like that. "girly, and all you do is kick the ball." they just dont know, and its kind of sad. i've been to europe and they are open to play american sports like baseball and american football, but americans only like domestic things. it will change one day, not sure when though.
probably cuz they know that football requires more skill and that they cant do much with the ball. so they start hating on it. they think manly sports are football(NFL type) and B ball. Just because some girls in the states could whip a b ball players ass at soccer

QuicK Silv3r

Post by QuicK Silv3r » 09 Dec 2005, 03:34

Well where i live in australia no one plays on the streets so i pratice in the back yard. People in my school reckon i show off when i flick the ball but i guess that don't understand the game :D. My coach has played for the state and coached them. He also coaches the Sunshine Coast Girls Team. (Thats a regional team) He pretty much the only one that understands what i can do :D.

soccerchik17
New User

Post by soccerchik17 » 28 Mar 2006, 02:10

Soccer isn't just a sport for men. I play all the time at school. I dribble through the hallways of my school all day between classes, and during lunch I play with 20 or so boys and 1 other girl. So you can't keep saying "girly" is bad, because I'm I could probably kick some butt against some of you guys.
Some people say soccer's a matter of life or death, but it isn't. It's much more important than that.

Steve the greatest
New User

Post by Steve the greatest » 06 Apr 2006, 18:19

Where I live in England pretty much everyone plays Football so you can go out on any day and expect to find and join a small game. I go out every day and play football for a couple of hours , and we have intervals where we show off our skills.

Im assuming that over in America not many people play football ( or soccer as you may call it). :roll:

bigboss

Post by bigboss » 06 Apr 2006, 21:17

it's so true around me (chicago suburbs) there is like no one that plays soccer except for the Mexicans who I always play with it's either playing by myself with some kids (who I make them be goalkeeper!) or the Mexicans
I'm not really getting too much better but I see my friends that play with me getting better i guess it's just not as popular
People think I'm crazy because all I do is play soccer. Maybe they're right. I do play soccer in rain, sleet, snow, 100 degree weather, on the beach, in my basement, in my room......

pickup_soccer_fan
New User

Find pick up soccer games

Post by pickup_soccer_fan » 24 May 2009, 05:41

If you are having a hard time finding pick-up soccer games you can try looking through the games listed on http://www.Socster.com

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Post by MSILancer7 » 24 May 2009, 14:09

*~El Maestro~* wrote:probably cuz they know that football requires more skill and that they cant do much with the ball
I go to after school wieght lifting and everyone that goes are american football players and there are only like 2 soccer players (me and some other kid). Sometime before we lift we will play volleyball or basketball and 95% of the kids can't even dribble the basketball or hit the volleyball in a controlled manner and i have realized that american football is the only sport that u can play without being the tinyest bit coordinated.