best and worst states to play soccer in

Want to start a local game in your neighbourhood?
KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Re: best and worst states to play soccer in

Post by KoNJa04 » 03 Jun 2009, 00:26

soccer11 wrote:
Force21 wrote:Michigan is the best state by far. The SOCS Force 95' and Waza are the two best teams
I wouldn't say that haha I think we're in the top 5, but saying we're the best by far is a stretch
MUFC1994 wrote:Vardar’s Soony Saad was named the 2008 U-15/16 Academy Player of the Year and earned a spot in the U-17 residency program last fall.
I played against that guy in high school. FML. He's a nightmare.
IF SOONY SAAD DOESN'T GO PRO THEN THERE IS NO HOPE FOR ANYBODY ON THE PLANET TO GO PRO

but really hes a monster at the sport...
and yes id say Michigan is up there, but not the best.

1. Cali
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. idk who to put here but not michigan
5. Michigan

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

soccer11
Admin

Re: best and worst states to play soccer in

Post by soccer11 » 03 Jun 2009, 02:52

KoNJa04 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:
Force21 wrote:Michigan is the best state by far. The SOCS Force 95' and Waza are the two best teams
I wouldn't say that haha I think we're in the top 5, but saying we're the best by far is a stretch
MUFC1994 wrote:Vardar’s Soony Saad was named the 2008 U-15/16 Academy Player of the Year and earned a spot in the U-17 residency program last fall.
I played against that guy in high school. FML. He's a nightmare.
IF SOONY SAAD DOESN'T GO PRO THEN THERE IS NO HOPE FOR ANYBODY ON THE PLANET TO GO PRO

but really hes a monster at the sport...
and yes id say Michigan is up there, but not the best.

1. Cali
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. idk who to put here but not michigan
5. Michigan
you forgot Illinois. Illinois might even be 1 or 2.

I had doubts about Soony a couple years ago because he was so small, then the next year he grew like 5 inches and my doubt was gone haha

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 » 04 Jun 2009, 01:03

Soony is a monster, i had to mark him as a freshmen and i was like "WTF hes bigger, faster, stronger, controls better, and WTF can i do to stop him, nothin...."

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 04 Jun 2009, 02:14

yea how could you forget illinois lol. some of the best clubs are in illinois. Chicago magic, Sockers, Chicago fire just to name a few. Not as impressive at the older ages this year, but younger is amazing. I agree that texas and cali are the top 2 though. Illinois around 3 or 4. then florida and michigan. for the most part what konja said

Btw mufc your post on the first page was spot on lol. I also saw the columbus crew academies play at both ages, and i have to tell you they are monsters. They play great soccer and have great young talent

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 07 Jun 2009, 08:07

I thought Oklahoma was pretty good, but nobody has mentioned them. Did you guys leave them out or do we really suck that bad?
Made by 2Brown.

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 07 Jul 2009, 21:21

how are teams from the washington/oregon area? im playing in a tournament down there and was wondering. (u-16 age group)

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 07 Jul 2009, 21:55

scottS4 wrote:how are teams from the washington/oregon area? im playing in a tournament down there and was wondering. (u-16 age group)
Washington is a very good state for soccer. Washington Premier and Crossfire are two of the top academy teams in the nation, but we are often overlooked. Oregon on the other hand is a lot weaker.

What tournament are you playing in?

Beadling19
Sophomore Member

Post by Beadling19 » 07 Jul 2009, 22:46

Well the most reliabe source is www.gotsoccer.com

And im pretty sure that Region 1 in the East Coast is the best Region. Atleast for U14 it is. It includes New York, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania and more i just cant remember. My team is ranked 32nd in the nation and that should increase because we just got 3rd in regionals. We lost to NJSA :P. Oh and Tab Ramos's son sucks major balls.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 07 Jul 2009, 23:48

Oregon has a few strong teams and when it comes down to it Oregon and Washington are about even. It depends what age group your talking about really.

Beadling19
Sophomore Member

Post by Beadling19 » 08 Jul 2009, 00:19

Oregon doesnt even have a team in the top 50 for my age group.

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 08 Jul 2009, 00:58

2brown347 wrote:Oregon has a few strong teams and when it comes down to it Oregon and Washington are about even. It depends what age group your talking about really.
I am going to use actual results to back my argument not some unreliable website (gotsoccer.com). If you look at the top teams which would be the academy teams that should give the most accurate picture of what state is better. For the 15/16 age group in the Northwest division WA had Washington Premier in second and Crossfire in third place while Oregon's FC Portland is in last. In the 17/18 age group Crossfire is first but Washington Premier is last while FC Portland is in fourth place.

Overall Washington does have two teams in the academy league compered to Oregon's one team but that is only because Washington has two teams that can compete at that level. Washington is obviously has more talent at a high level than Oregon thus it is reasonable to say Washington is a better state for soccer.

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 08 Jul 2009, 03:05

John_Bob wrote:
scottS4 wrote:how are teams from the washington/oregon area? im playing in a tournament down there and was wondering. (u-16 age group)
Washington is a very good state for soccer. Washington Premier and Crossfire are two of the top academy teams in the nation, but we are often overlooked. Oregon on the other hand is a lot weaker.

the nike crossfire challenge cup. there are alot of crossfire teams in our age group, im not sure which one is the best. theres also other Washington teams and Oregon teams. (also Alaska and Canada)

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 08 Jul 2009, 03:37

scottS4 wrote:
John_Bob wrote:

the nike crossfire challenge cup. there are alot of crossfire teams in our age group, im not sure which one is the best. theres also other Washington teams and Oregon teams. (also Alaska and Canada)
That's cool, I am playing in that tournament. I play for South Hill Revolution and we're u-17 so we won't be playing you. What team do you play for?

Assuming you play for one of those BC teams, it looks like you will be playing against Crossfires top club team (not their academy team) but they are still very good. Spokane, Columbia Timbers and Federal Way are going too and they are usually pretty good too. It looks to be a pretty good challenge.

Beadling19
Sophomore Member

Post by Beadling19 » 08 Jul 2009, 04:30

well considering that gotsoccer is the site that US Youth soccer uses to rank teams im assuming that its pretty accurate. And you can go on there and check the results of teams and everything.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 08 Jul 2009, 12:30

Beadling19 wrote:well considering that gotsoccer is the site that US Youth soccer uses to rank teams im assuming that its pretty accurate. And you can go on there and check the results of teams and everything.
The only rankings I go buy and trust are topdrawsoccer. They have good articles to.