Nike Advert: Rooney's Target

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Wiseman_philosopher

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1FTXhyJsz ... ed&search=

I don't know if this has already been posted, but this is the new Nike advert I think.

Fake or not?
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

i don't think thats fake..thats Rooney he can do anything...

and i don't think its impossible because sometime i pile up some bricks and put like a soccer ball or a basket ball on it and i try to hit it form the 20 yard line..

i make it most of the time. :D
Last edited by adnankhan on 04 Jul 2007, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Well, no, it's not fake, but that was probably about the 5th time they did it.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Impossible

is nothing.

Just joking, I don't think it is real.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

I don't know, but that's sweet! :D
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

It shouldn't be fake because you should have enough accuracy at his level to hit something within half a foot from that distance. It probably took them a couple of tries though to get everything perfect, did you see how it curved though??? Pretty cool i think, the comments below the vid said they used different camera angles or something, so i dunno, he should be able to do it though.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

ftbllrckr
Veteran Member

Well personally I think it's real, I mean I'm pretty sure Rooney has enough accuracy to hit that. But it's probably not on his first try.

^^Credit to Solid0Snake

ajc
The Philly Flyer

I'm pretty certain it's real, mostly because you can see it took him a few tries. Pause it at 18 seconds and on the bottom left side you can see that the circle has been drawn on and wiped off before. Oh well, cool advert anyways.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

It looks pretty real to me. I mean, it doesn't suddenly switch camera angles or anything like in that Ronaldinho 'ping pong' video. (I think that's what it was called.) My best guess would be that it's authentic

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Seems pretty real to me, looks like a nice park he's at. :)

Viduka
Veteran Member

That looks sweet! Whether its real or not. But its Nike.. they always retry things or plan it out. So im guessing he had more than one shot.

e.g. the Nike Street soccer with Thierry Henry and those other young lads.. of course they planned it..

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

haha, here is a link from that video on the youtube page. It has the same vid, but the beginning is hilarious.

Check it out
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mA6HtfG2qWQ
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

dareliss
Veteran Member

he got pist then they sad you now what guy ronaldinho do something like him :lol: and after what ok just do whatever you want to :D what was hilariuos then he knocked operator out.
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

Velite20
New User

I think it is real, but it prolly took him a while to actually hit the targe