Where do you get your inspiration from ?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
powell
English Meister

Where do you get your inspiration from ?

Post by powell » 03 Jul 2007, 20:48

Thats the question. I mean like when your feeling low about your career thinking becomnig pro is never going to happen. Or when you worked hard and still nothing what inspires you to work harder ?

TH14
Veteran Member

Post by TH14 » 03 Jul 2007, 20:51

Since I'm a keeper, I'd say Oliver Kahn. But I actually hate keeper but when I do have to play it I turn to Kahn. But overall, my main inspiration for soccer is Thierry Henry.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 » 03 Jul 2007, 20:58

I think about what else in life i would rather do or wake up thinking about....and it always comes back to the beautiful game.

but at first it was Cristiano Ronaldo whom I admired greatly. i saw him running down the wings with his style and i tried to copy it move for move...it stuck with me.
I love futol more than anything, the only thing that comes close to the same love i have for futbol is the amount of love i have for rice crispy treats.........i love those rice crispy treats. there so crispy! :D
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

Da_Keeper_315

Post by Da_Keeper_315 » 03 Jul 2007, 21:45

Iker Casillas, hands down. My reflexes are like my greatest strength when it comes to keeper and in my mind, Casillas has the greatest reflexes ever and is the world's greatest. (I don't care if you guys think other wise, you don't have to tell me, lol).

KPatel

Post by KPatel » 03 Jul 2007, 22:23

I usually watch the Champions League Final of 2005 and/or the FA Cup Final of 05/06.

BosnianNedim

Post by BosnianNedim » 04 Jul 2007, 02:06

My inspiration is playing for my country, I'd love to play for my country and to score a goal for the people who care about the sport and have the same passion for the same nation.

PenaltyMiss

Post by PenaltyMiss » 23 Jul 2007, 20:48

Thierry Henry, but Owen Hargreaves is an inspiration. As he is from my province!
The difference between right and wrong is often not more than five metres

steve-0
Veteran Member

Post by steve-0 » 24 Jul 2007, 00:34

my recent inspiration is man u. this season when they won the bpl, seeing how happy they all were just made me realize what my ultimate goal is. another is c ronaldo (believe it or not) when i watch him play, seeing all the moves he does just really makes me apreeciate football. i know most of u hate the guy cuz he doesn't pass, and he's not playin real football and stuff, but im the exact opposite. i love beautiful soccer. (don't turn this into a debate or nothing)

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 24 Jul 2007, 00:36

Yeah, don't worry there's no debating in this thread. I understand what you mean about Man Utd. being inspirational though.

PenaltyMiss wrote:Thierry Henry, but Owen Hargreaves is an inspiration. As he is from my province!

Actually, it's my province. :P

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 24 Jul 2007, 03:14

gnarlyjim wrote:Yeah, don't worry there's no debating in this thread. I understand what you mean about Man Utd. being inspirational though.

PenaltyMiss wrote:Thierry Henry, but Owen Hargreaves is an inspiration. As he is from my province!

Actually, it's my province. :P
It's my province bitch!!!

Alberta represtentin! :D
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Norm

Post by Norm » 24 Jul 2007, 03:22

YNWA by Celtic supporters, my only soft spot is this song and it pushes me to my goal of playing for Celtic, which is my primary goal in football because I breathe for Celtic as far as I'm concerned

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 24 Jul 2007, 06:52

Ronaldo. He was the first player I ever knew and ever loved. I was inspired by the near 2-year rehabiliation of his knee injury. I've recently had a knee injury not as bad as him but I've been in and out for 6-12 months because of it. People say I have the same style of play as him too. I have the same physical attributes aswell. My dream team is Real Madrid. Football is all that matters to me, I've given up half my popularity by training 24/7 rarely seeing my friends.

A word of advice I can give to anyone with the same passion as me is, no matter how good or how bad you think you may be, no matter how impossible your goal may seem and no matter how old you think you are if you totally devote yourself to what you truly want you can have it.

Last year I was injured for 4 months... 10 weeks of rehabiliation later I started training again only to injure myself a second time. 3 months of injury and half way through the recovery process I am doing great and will soon be playing again. The funny thing is you don't realise how much you love the beautifull game untill something serious prevents you from doing what you love for so long.

Believe me or not, but I met Tim Cahill in Sydney... he was watching his brother play in a game between Macarthar Rams and FC Bossy Liverpool with his family in the Winter Super League here in Sydney. My friends and I went up to him and spoke to him and he said for the next years in your life focus on football. Don't worry about girls, school anything but football and you'll be there some day. I've given up everything in my life just to play football and I hope to be there one day. If you really want it go for it and you'll get it.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

Jack-of-all-trades

Post by Jack-of-all-trades » 29 Jul 2007, 14:34

Football skills videos like Viva futbol and showboat series plus other similar stuff fuels the passion within myself to play beautiful football. Then there's the cheers when you did something outstanding. :D
Joga Bonito is the way I play.

bleedblue115

Post by bleedblue115 » 30 Jul 2007, 00:30

My inspirations comes from my failures. When i'm down I just think about my past failures and it gives me the motivation to work harder

adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan » 30 Jul 2007, 02:36

bleedblue115 wrote:My inspirations comes from my failures. When i'm down I just think about my past failures and it gives me the motivation to work harder
i ll try to do that...