alcohol and football

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Can these 2 things go together?

yes
7
29%
no
10
42%
depends on what you drink
7
29%
 
Total votes: 24

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

alcohol and football

Post by jcdenton » 23 May 2005, 19:16

in my country it is a customary to hang out every weekend in some night clubs, belgrade has maybe the best nightlife in europe, many foreign dj's come every weekend (next weekend FAITHLESS is comming)...
but for a great party with friends it is nice to drink a few drinks....
i didn't see this affecting my play, but i drink every weekend with friends....
i have stopped drinking beer, it makes you FAT....
i usually drink herb liquors like Jaegermeister, but i can drink gin and tonic also. i hate vodka. so, does anyone of you drink alcohol the night before the match, cause i do it? i just can't resist, i am young and i don't want to waste my life....
BUT i am against smoking..... it just makes your stamina drop down...
but i didn't see bad sides of jaegermeister since it is consisted of medical herbs :D

JasperJock
New User
Posts: 23
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 16:15
Location: Riverdale, NY

Post by JasperJock » 23 May 2005, 20:10

Well...
Screwing around with Alcohol before a hard-labor activity is truely not the smartest movement since it will dehydrate you the day after.
But since you do not have any problems with your Jager bombs the night before a game, I'm not opposing it- but saying to watch it.
I do mess around with beers and stouts (Taking a break from Hard Liquors) a night before heavy workout days, I'd be fine too- but a little weak after waking up.
Ireland's on a Roll with no loss :D
N. Ireland lost to Poland 1-0, but t'was a good game :)

J
Admin
Posts: 1699
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 20:41
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by J » 23 May 2005, 20:40

Alcohal can effect your lungs just as much as smoking in the short term. In the long term smoking is worse. Alcohal also does dehydrate you the day after very much. If you are getting totally wasted then i wouldnt say that is too good of an idea, but having a few drinks in moderation wont do much harm. If you are very serious about your football then i wouldnt be getting hammered every weekend.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2175
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by fir_nev » 24 May 2005, 01:21

George Best would be a good example...
Image

pascalfrik
Senior Member
Posts: 243
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 15:47
Location: Holland

Post by pascalfrik » 24 May 2005, 01:31

Alcohol is not good for an athelet and so is smoking just like J said it can have an effect on your lungs

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post by jcdenton » 24 May 2005, 20:53

there is one serbian mafia saying that can be used in this situation:
it is better to live 2 years as the king, then to live 100 years as a mouse!
think about it :idea:

J
Admin
Posts: 1699
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 20:41
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by J » 24 May 2005, 21:38

jcdenton wrote:there is one serbian mafia saying that can be used in this situation:
it is better to live 2 years as the king, then to live 100 years as a mouse!
think about it :idea:
I totally disagree because the most instinctive thing any human has is to stay alive.

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post by jcdenton » 25 May 2005, 12:19

J wrote:
jcdenton wrote:there is one serbian mafia saying that can be used in this situation:
it is better to live 2 years as the king, then to live 100 years as a mouse!
think about it :idea:
I totally disagree because the most instinctive thing any human has is to stay alive.
you sound like afeni shakur (2PAC) :D
that is written at the end of new movie for his old track "ghetto gospel"
too bad he died following that statement

J
Admin
Posts: 1699
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 20:41
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by J » 25 May 2005, 15:40

im just speaking what is true. Im me , and 2pac is 2pac. If he said that too then he is correct. It is the stongest instinct a human can have, to stay alive.

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post by jcdenton » 25 May 2005, 15:47

J wrote:im just speaking what is true. Im me , and 2pac is 2pac. If he said that too then he is correct. It is the stongest instinct a human can have, to stay alive.
2pac WAS 2pac :)

Magicfeet
Moderator
Posts: 1212
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 10:03
Location: England

Post by Magicfeet » 28 May 2005, 19:51

I used to get battered the night before games, and have wrecked my lungs with cigarettes. I'm still playing for a very good team though, but I doubt I'll ever be as good as I could have been.

Both are very bad for the prospective football player.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod
Posts: 1317
Joined: 21 Apr 2005, 03:52
Location: Canada

Post by *yung-ital* » 29 May 2005, 01:27

a serbian mafia said that? exactly, a serbian mafia look at their lifestyle they kill people and leech off innocent hardworking business men. they could say, yeah i like to kill people and i get money its very easy. but working is hard. are u gonna take that into consideration?
Image
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

J
Admin
Posts: 1699
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 20:41
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by J » 29 May 2005, 05:47

*yung-ital* wrote:a serbian mafia said that? exactly, a serbian mafia look at their lifestyle they kill people and leech off innocent hardworking business men. they could say, yeah i like to kill people and i get money its very easy. but working is hard. are u gonna take that into consideration?
I was going to say something like this but i didnt wnat to be rude. If the Serbian mafia said "its better to live two years as a king than 100 years as a mouse" then i would make sure to live 100 years as a mouse.........

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post by jcdenton » 30 May 2005, 09:54

Magicfeet wrote:I used to get battered the night before games, and have wrecked my lungs with cigarettes. I'm still playing for a very good team though, but I doubt I'll ever be as good as I could have been.

Both are very bad for the prospective football player.
you never know what would happen if you lived sport life, but in the other hand, if you lived sports life without success you would spend your best years without parties.....
life is bitch.... :evil: :D

frizzyan
Veteran Member
Posts: 612
Joined: 31 Oct 2004, 04:09

Post by frizzyan » 10 Jun 2005, 05:20

A little bit of red wine is PROVEN to be good for your heart, unlike a little bit of cigarettes or marijuana, it already poses health risks.

However, once you cross that border of drinking some healthy wine into bceoming health-endangering, then it's wrong.

Footballers should NEVER get drunk. Footballers should ONLY drink certain amounts of alcohol until it can no longer be beneficial.

Unfortunately, footballers these days are too lax in keeping their bodies well by not going binge drinking.

Good thing that footballers don't smoke, I hope -_-

Post Reply