most intelligent nations in the world

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 08 May 2007, 00:18

i did iq test and i got 125 :lol: if ill got 20 more ill be genius. :lol: but i'm new with english language it's only third year i'm studying it so it's pretty good :)
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

dareliss
Veteran Member

Re: most intelligent nations in the world

Post by dareliss » 08 May 2007, 00:22

jcdenton wrote:1. Israel
2. Slovenia (bloody Austrian horse-keepers)
3. Serbia (43% of Serbs have IQ over 148!)
i don't want this topic to be another advertisement for Serbia, just post your thoughts about these results...
still these results prove high IQ in all Slavic nations...
So it means most of serbians are genius what is amazing. never didn't saw so many people being what smart what is gifted... you got something wrong jcdenton. :lol:
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 08 May 2007, 03:14

Magicfeet wrote:IQ tests are fundamentally flawed. 'nuff said.

It's still pretty impressive to come 3rd in this kind of test - But it certainly doesn't mean these are the most intelligent 3 nations in the world!
Very true. On a similar note, do you know how the Polish got the stupid stereotype? Well, at the turn of the century in America, doctors gave different ethnic group of immigrants IQ tests to see who is the smartest. The results proved that Lithuanians and Poles were the dumbest. The reason for this was that the tests were administered in English only and therefore these immigrants couldn't understand the tests!

God damn brewery!!!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 08 May 2007, 03:26

mpcarres14 wrote:

It's still pretty impressive to come 3rd in this kind of test - But it certainly doesn't mean these are the most intelligent 3 nations in the world!
Very true. On a similar note, do you know how the Polish got the stupid stereotype? Well, at the turn of the century in America, doctors gave different ethnic group of immigrants IQ tests to see who is the smartest. The results proved that Lithuanians and Poles were the dumbest. The reason for this was that the tests were administered in English only and therefore these immigrants couldn't understand the tests!
Exactly! I never got that stereotype! It was totally untrue!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 08 May 2007, 03:49

mpcarres14 wrote:

Wait you're calling Lithuanians stupid? why? cause test wasn't translated in Lithuanian Language.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 08 May 2007, 03:53

Yes, that's why the population considered Lithuanians stupid. Trust me, I'm not calling anyone stupid at all (I mean, I was trying to demonstrate how ludicrous these studies were that determined that eastern europeans were dumb).

God damn brewery!!!

dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 08 May 2007, 03:58

yop i now, I'm Lithuanian what is a reason i was worried Lithuanians dumbest, i mean i lived were for a long time i came to usa and i'm one of the smartest kid's n school and i don't even do my homework i'm playing soccer everyday :lol: but were is some dumb Lithuanians like Amricans or other Nationality people.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 08 May 2007, 04:09

I think it's possible that Japan is the smartest nation, certainly the hardest working. Sorry for being so brief but I'm typing this on my Wii!! :)

dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 08 May 2007, 04:12

japanese and chinese are wery smart they makes everything for the world, but not very high quality most of the time :lol:

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 08 May 2007, 10:10

that study is fake...
go ahead check with Mensa!
Serbs have the 3rd greatest percent of intelligent people (of those who took the test)....

and just look at our history... Tesla, Pupin... look how intelligent generals we have...
did you know that Britain wants Ratko Mladic in their prison? why? because he's pure genius, master of war on mountain, hill and woods terrain, great tactician...
who was the first man to clone human embryo? Serbian doctor Stojkovic....
and there are many many more... so this proves that "professor's" study VERY wrong... fake study... proven... :)

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 08 May 2007, 10:23

I hear that Serbians have unprecedented telekinetic abilities. And can fly. :roll:

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 08 May 2007, 10:37

Magicfeet wrote:I hear that Serbians have unprecedented telekinetic abilities. And can fly. :roll:
Martin Solveig - Jealousy
Ahaaa! Somebody set me free
Ahaaa! I'm tired of your sympathy
Ahaaa! Jealousy!

that article i've found is old... this is the translation from Croatian website article on that:
Israelis, Slovenians and Serbs the most intelligent in the world
Monday 2.1.2006 16:19

In the country of our eastern neighbours during the last year 470 of 1097 candidates fulfilled the criteria for acceptance into Mensa, the international organization for gifted individuals.

The percentage of citizens who during the tests conducted by the organization were found to have IQs between 148 and 156 was 43%. According tho those tests, therefore, Serbia is amongst the top three nations in which Mensa has its establishments (of over one hundred worldwide), reports the Serbian station B92.

It is interesting that amongst the top three was another of our neighbours. The Slovenians took the second highest spot, directly following the Israelis (found to be the most intelligent).

B92 also reports that in the SCG Mensa especially successful were doctors, students, butchers, policemen, healthcare practitioners, military personnel, architects and engineers, but that amongst them there isn't a single celebrity face, such as Madonna and Kevin Costner in Mensa USA.

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 08 May 2007, 10:47

Of course I'm jealous. You. Can. Fly. It's amazing! Just in the same way as you're jealous of the Israeli people's ability to breath fire. As are we all.

I bow down to you, mighty Serbian Overlord of awesome intelligence and world devouring ego.

There are more members of Mensa in Singapore than in Serbia. Check the website. As we all know, everything on the internet is true. :wink:

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 08 May 2007, 10:51

dareliss wrote:japanese and chinese are wery smart they makes everything for the world, but not very high quality most of the time :lol:
they aren't smart... some serbian computer engineers i've talked to said that japanese and chinese are actually very stupid, but very hard working...
you need to explain them everything couple of times...

@Magicfeet: your sense of humor is pathetic... typical for unintelligent people... what is even worse, you think you're funny...
you can suck my ego... :wink:

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 08 May 2007, 11:03

Waves 2 consecutive Funniest Member awards in jcdenton's face

Nyah.

Actually, I think my humour is pretty high brow. Sarcasm is a much underrated art form.

Lighten up, jc. It's just banter. 8)