The importance of confidence

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

matt wrote:i jst think he cd relax a teensy bit and not commit so many fouls
His temperament has eased alot these 2 seasons. He's just trying to be fiery. I like him for who he is as he's the mental clone of Ferguson. Even my dad, a Liverpool fan, agrees that he has charisma rather than Gerrard. He prefers Hyypia leading the team, though. But for me, Gerrard is getting that charismatic touch.

Rosario

may i just say jdefoe that after my horrible display last week i took youe advice this week.it was my last game before moving to a bigger club.i played with a bit of cheekiness,confidence and arrogance on the ball.i played really well and hit 2 lovely passes to set up two goals.my bro got the other goal at the front post from a corner.hes moving to usa for soccer so his last game also.i was delighted i left my club on a high note and look forward to a higher standard of football now.thx

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

*Pats on Rosario's back*

Well done!!!!!

matt
EF Forum Legend

i recently saw a cambridge united game and i could see the lack of confidence had a major effect. they lost 2-0 at home to woking and u could tell that if they had a little more confidence they would have done much better. there was no good passing, very little movment and almost nothing encouraging in the way they played.

but being relegated, having a new manager and nearly all the players leaving may have had something to do with it....
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

confidence is key. without confidence, the game would just be passing, and only shooting if youre WIDE open. i had problems with this, also, until my coach yelled at me for being too predictable. thats when i started stepping my game up. i had the skills, just was afraid to use them, afraid to mess up. just play like you know. dont let teammates intimidate you, and most importantly, have fun but know when to get serious.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

Bestofthebest

sometimes you get to nervous like when you are facing a really good team, you think positve.I gave my hard and my all and i am confident that its enough

EdgarMadrid
New User

Hey im a new memberhow do u add a image

owensglory

Paolo Maldini is the best.His confidence,loyalty,influence and determination to win every game have made him a legend in Italy and AC Milan.His shirt number will be retired after he retires from professional football.Good decison by AC Milan chairman.

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

i found that the same thing happens to me everyonce in awhile where my touch isnt good and i make mad dicisions my coach saids its lack of focus and concentration how can i improve this?

owensglory

pretend that your life is all about the match.you have worked hard since u are small to pplay in the match,and to win it.u will lose everything if u lose that match.ur life will be a failure if u lose it<------MAYBE TOO SERIOUS

so ,what will u do to avoid it from happening?yes,concentrate.u dont want to lose ur time of training football before just not concentrate and lose the match.tell urself:play this match as good as possible,forget about everything but the match,just concentrate.do ur best.then after the match,u can think again other things(things that make u not concentrate :problem with friend/team-mate/family/gf.......)just keep 100% focus in the match

even if ur enemy/foe off the pitch,if he is ur team-mate on the pitch,he will assist u to score goal too.in other words,i mean thatwhen u play football, ure in another world.
before kick off,think:"this is football time,forget about everything,focus on the ball'then u wont be regret if u lose ..........if u have tried ur best and concentrate
actually this is just mental probelm,when u can overcome it since now.u wont have the same problem again in the future.try ur best,u will become automatically concentrate 100% on the pitch then
dont make concentration problem 'block' u from becoming a great player...good luck!!!!!!!
hope u understand :D

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Confidence is something learned throughout life, it's a tough concept. But it really helps to be good at something. Also, playing against people of a higher class and age than you and having the balls to attack the defender with your dribbles is a huge confidence booster.

soccerstar087
New User

I agree that soccer is supposed to be fun. Don't go out and play just to please others. When im out on the field, It's just me and the ball. I enjoy it and no can take that away.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan