Drinking

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

What is your policy on drinking?

Poll ended at 18 Apr 2007, 03:14

Only at parties
25%
Never
54%
When I'm with friends
7%
In the evenings
No votes
Whenever I feel like it
14%

Total votes: 28

Hugh
Veteran Member

Drinking

Post by Hugh » 04 Apr 2007, 03:14

Possibly a somewhat innapropriate poll, but I don't particularily mind asking: what are your policies on drinking? How do you think it affects people's life and their performance (at anything.)

Do you drink? And if you do, when/where and what?

If not, why not? (Not to encourage or anything)

I'll start off:
Yes I drink but only at parties, never have any before I have to do anything important like schoolwork, going out with my girlfriend or soccer.

My favourite drink I made up myself and I don't know if it is a proper cocktail or anything but here goes:
Make a mixture of 2 parts Vodka 1 part Gin
Then add Mountain Dew to that mixture untill it goes a suitable colour of green, or is diluted enough for you. Tastes great and it's neon green! So cool!

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 04 Apr 2007, 03:20

I chose the best fitting option for me, only at parties, but I'm not so sure that I feel comfortable describing details... I don't know, maybe I'll change my mind and give in. :lol:

Hugh, would this drinking of yours be completely acceptable by all terms of the law? I don't want to make you say it, so put one winky smily for yes and two winky smilies for no.

For me that would be a :wink: :wink:
Click it

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 04 Apr 2007, 03:30

I drink on a couple of occasions. One is at parties, like you lot. The other is if I'm watching the Arsenal with my brother at his place or if we're on vacation at a bar. Saying that, I never get hammered, in fact, the maximum I will drink is about four beers spread over two hours, enough to get a buzz but nothing else. Anyway, getting beligerent can interfere big time on performance in other fun activities...
Last edited by mpcarres14 on 04 Apr 2007, 03:35, edited 1 time in total.

God damn brewery!!!

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 04 Apr 2007, 03:32

I am proud to say that the only time I drink alcohol is when I steal a sip from my mum or pop's glass. I'm 14.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 04 Apr 2007, 03:48

ajc wrote:I chose the best fitting option for me, only at parties, but I'm not so sure that I feel comfortable describing details... I don't know, maybe I'll change my mind and give in. :lol:

Hugh, would this drinking of yours be completely acceptable by all terms of the law? I don't want to make you say it, so put one winky smily for yes and two winky smilies for no.

For me that would be a :wink: :wink:
I can see it now, ajc a hardcore!!!

As for me, well, never!!! I'm also 14. 8)
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 04 Apr 2007, 04:14

Regardless of legality or not, I personally am 16 but hey, what the hell, your teenage years are the times when you're supposed to form an image of the world and really start to develop the person you'll be later on in life, and while I don't support binge drinking I think it's important to get to know your limits early on in life. Besides, apart from financial reasons, being a lightweight sucks.

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 04 Apr 2007, 05:49

As far as I know, drinking in your adolescence, when your brain hasn't fully developed yet is not good for you. But as Hugh said, what the heck, it's never too early to start. :)

Actually, I never touched alcohol until I was about 15 or 16. I don't drink regularly... I used to do it a lot, but I guess I got bored. In fact, for the past 3-4 months, even beer tastes pungent to me.

When I'm in the mood though, I either drink beer or straight up bourbon (that's when the crazy stuff happens :lol: ). Not a big fan of vodka or cocktails

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 04 Apr 2007, 14:12

Never drank, never will. I don't really see the point, I guess it's just not for me. I know some people that drink though, and they are so funny when they are drunk.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 04 Apr 2007, 16:18

Yea i only drink at parties, too much drinking is very bad for your football and in fact everything in general. Im not the type to go out and get wasted every weekend, it really isnt good for you, but of course i do have the odd beer or two at parties :)
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 04 Apr 2007, 16:51

I drink every time i think i have reason for that, and never alone...
i'm not solo drinker...
but I don't drink at parties since i drive usually... i most like drinking with friends in the evening in front of my flat, by the river... 8)
once i even came drunk in the university lab, and professor was really pissed off, but he understood when i said it was my birthday... :)

my favorite beer in Serbia is Jelen Beer, and the second is Tuborg...
but the best beer i've ever tried is Thomas Zwickl in Paulaner Brauhaus in Munich... it's a special beer they make in front of you, i took this picture in there:

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 04 Apr 2007, 18:04

holy hell that's one big a** picture.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 04 Apr 2007, 18:49

Get out on the lash whenever possible

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 04 Apr 2007, 20:45

Heck, I'm drunk right now. *Hic*

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 04 Apr 2007, 20:48

I drink with friends. Like jcdenton, I don't drink by myself. I'll get really sh*tfaced probably 3-5 times per year. Other than that, I don't really drink a ton. With friends I'll have like 2-4 beers when we're just hanging out.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 04 Apr 2007, 20:58

Geneva, November 2005
Friendly international, England v Argentina

This was the notice on the Britannia pub door

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....