Your neighborhood

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
jcdenton
Veteran Member

how would you like to share some pics of the place where you grew up?
ok so these are pictures taken i 1km radius of my flat...
the area where i live is called Dorcol...
so this is the mosque (the only in Belgrade) on the corner of streets where my father grew up and where i grew up...
typical Dorcol backyard... i love it... my father grew up in one of these yards...
this was taken in front of my building, i'm very proud of my neighborhood...
isn't it beautiful...
and possible new looks of my neighborhood:
and the bridge that leads to me... my building is the yellow one on the left:
and bridge also:
and finally the stadium(s) where i learned to play football (they are better now):

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Very cool topic. Some of the buildings are beautiful (mosque especially). Also, I've seen a picture of a Jersey City backyard and it looks very similar to yours! I haven't taken any pics, but I'll look on the internet for some of my town. If I can't find any, I'll certainly take some. . . as soon as I find my camera.

Hugh
Veteran Member

The beach by where I live...

My school

Vancouver!

The best place in the world

And that's all that I could find for the moment.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

:) i like the snow, but how come you live near both of these, beach and mountain :?:

this is Belgrade:
my local church:
and my neighborhood looong ago:
and my university:
and this is under my university:

hope you like these... :)

Hugh
Veteran Member

Heh, that's a nice university, the reason I live near the beach and the mountains is because I live in Vancouver! One of very very few places in the world where you can Sail, Play soccer and Ski all in the same day, needless to say these are my three favourite sports so I've got it made.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Hugh wrote:Heh, that's a nice university, the reason I live near the beach and the mountains is because I live in Vancouver! One of very very few places in the world where you can Sail, Play soccer and Ski all in the same day, needless to say these are my three favourite sports so I've got it made.
quattro staggionni :)

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

I like Vancouver, just drove through there 2 days ago, but I have to say, the Island is beautiful already. After training camp, I hate Edmonton, Victoria was just so much nicer!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

This is a picture of my high school from the pitch. that's about all that I could find on my town. Maybe soon I will be able to get some pictures taken of my old house and stuff like that.
God damn brewery!!!

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Wow, mpcarres.. that's a really nice school! Pitch looks very nice also.

Just curious, whereabouts do you live?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Wow, nice school! Next year my high school is one that looks like a mental institutions. Nice light blue walls... :roll:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Yeah, the school is great. I think this year is its 85th year open. Back then, a rich British judge came through my town, decided he liked it, and gave the city a bunch of money to build a school (above), a library, and another building that now serves as an arts center. The school in itself is magnificent, as it has a massive, old auditorium, a marble and wood entry hall, and a huge property grounds filled with trees and such, especially considering that it is a public school. Right now in fact, the school is halfway through a total modernization and renovation, so the inside is completely modern and stunning with lots of glass and light wood, with the centerpiece being a two story library and technology center. The field in itself is rather poor though unfortunately, football always tears it up, and there are so many odd bumps that can ruin a quick passing move or something like that. We're getting that rubber turf next season though, and it's getting put in next winter, so that problem will be solved.

Gnarlyjim: I live in northern Virginia, rather not post the town for security reasons.
God damn brewery!!!

jcdenton
Veteran Member

everyone who wants to know where're you from can easily track the picture, i was just curious... :)

and that high school is really nice, my high school was also huge building, but it wasn't in that nice area, mine was in the heart of Belgrade...
and also one more pic of my neighborhood in 16th century:

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

mpcarres14 wrote: Gnarlyjim: I live in northern Virginia, rather not post the town for security reasons.
Yeah I can understand that. Just reminded me of a place I've seen in New York State. That's why I was wondering.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Man every picture everyone has put up has been beautiful. I like the cathedrals and that snowy mountain, and that amazing high school.

Okay I tried to see if there were any pics on google and most of what they had was all real-estate so I will have to go and figure out how this digital camera works. This was all I could find:

Library they made 3-4 years ago:

Very old, historic house. The city now has a white picket fence around it. They pretty much turned it into an attraction now.

I'll take some pictures of my own later today.

Foxmero

calgary is boring i wish i lived in edmonton or vancouver.... that would be awesome