Night Before a Game

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
rob_06
Sophomore Member

wot should the correct way be to prepare for a gma ethe night before? sit in and watch the football highlights? watch a film? i find it tough because none of my mates play at the same level as me, n they constantly try to get me to go out and get drunk the night before a game. although i dont, it is becoming increasingly hard to turn down the social side of life, although i dont drink alcohol. i have the mental ability to make it as a player and think that this will help me come through.
seems silly but ive heard of a few people that have been in this position and let their social life ruin there promising potential.
any suggestions welcome! cheers RoB aKa BoBbY :P

Gunner_d14

well i may be wierd but i rest...
-The Beloved One-

rob_06
Sophomore Member

yes but im talking about distractions, what does everybody else do on a nite before a game? thats all i was askin, any routines would be helpful. cheers!

Kevin

You are 100 % right abou the thingy of going out before a match, players who do that often will NEVER become a pro. So respect ...

Anyway, You can still go out at other days. And I suggest youre still young so you still have enough time. I just watch tv the night before a game, can be a film or a soccergame. I also often listen to music, but maybe the most important thing is that I think a lot about the match (maybe the whole day, now and then). Thinking about how that im going to play and what I should do when I think I played a good match) ...

jcdenton
Veteran Member

good moral booster for me is to watch champions league the night before
but if the game is during weekend i go out and drink pretty much, but i don't drink beer. i drink only Jaegermeister. But do you know that diego tristan goes to practice sometimes directly from the party? and does he have any problems with that?

soccer11
Admin

I treat the nigh before a game just like i would any other night. Game day is when i do things differently.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

I usually just watch videos and stuff...like movies...but my friend smokes a lot of weed before and scores like 4 goals everygame... hes the best player ive ever seen. hes been MVP of almost every tournament

rob_06
Sophomore Member

haha different people react in different ways. i know people that go out b4 a game, they do fine. i rarely drink, only special occasions, what are the pros like? i know there are exceptions like paul gascoigne was but... any body know any more? i heard when ronaldinho was at paris saint germain he liked the night life and was regularly seen clubbing before games!

HalaMadrid2

Yeah I would do whatever I wanted to do that night, as long as I knew it wouldnt effect me tomorrow.....you shouldn't worry about minor things that you'll think will make bad during the game, just start focusing on the game when your about to walk on the pitch, instead of while your thinking of what to do the night before
~¡Vaya Real Madrid!~